RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

Thank you, Aurora is great, and I'm really excited for this update. The content search feature and quick view additions are much appreciated!

It looks like all my 0.4b skins are no longer compatible; is there any way to make them work again?

Thank you again!

You have to update the skin, if you're not the author of the skin, wait for the author to do this, or learn how to do so yourself, there are things in 0.5b which makes 0.4b skins not function properly and a few other things... it's technically possible to make Aurora 0.5b also load your 0.4b skins but that's highly NOT recommended as it can cause all kinds of weird issues

If you are going to do that, If at all possible, I would create a set of filters for different game ratings, then people could just add to the folder by rating. so Rated E only and Rated E10+ only, and Rated T only, etc. This way other people who want similar filters dont have to put the kid games in seperate folders on their xbox's. Just a thought

There is no fully supported standard for that, each game may or may not have this information, it also may or may not have the same ones which makes it hard to work with, that said, none of this data is exposed to our filters, so it'd have to be parsed manually by lua which has a seriously bad effect on the performance of the filter anyways (it has to first get the same game from the database to know where it stores the data, then it has to read the xml data and get the information before it uses it)

• Like 1

There is no fully supported standard for that, each game may or may not have this information, it also may or may not have the same ones which makes it hard to work with, that said, none of this data is exposed to our filters, so it'd have to be parsed manually by lua which has a seriously bad effect on the performance of the filter anyways (it has to first get the same game from the database to know where it stores the data, then it has to read the xml data and get the information before it uses it)

Yeah, I didnt know about that. It seems if you wanted to add a filter like that, you would need to add a rating to the game db, that could be downloaded from xbox unity when updating covers, or what not. Might be something to look into in the future though. :) Would suck to have to add all of that info to unity though. Then again, I do believe that this info is all on xbox live servers, so you might be able to write a script that would pull the info from them, to add a feature like this, assuming the info is not on the actual xbox live playing servers.

Yeah, I didnt know about that. It seems if you wanted to add a filter like that, you would need to add a rating to the game db, that could be downloaded from xbox unity when updating covers, or what not. Might be something to look into in the future though. :) Would suck to have to add all of that info to unity though. Then again, I do believe that this info is all on xbox live servers, so you might be able to write a script that would pull the info from them, to add a feature like this, assuming the info is not on the actual xbox live playing servers.

Like i said, it's available for some games but not all, and they also use different rating systems for different games

I wrote a tool i named x360TID to grab this information before, you can find it here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/aw3ki1 (this includes the sourcecode for it) there is however another url which is also used by Aurora to get information about games, i don't know it's format atm, but i've asked MaesterRowen for it so i can maybe add it aswell

Nice work guys....im still one of the ''wierdos'' still on FSD3....is there a way to manually add covers yet?  I currently use GaDaBaMa (thanks keyser) for all my covers and infos (it also tells me DLC for each game in my library)?  This is one of the main reasons i've yet to switch to Aurora.  I see/know everything is kept in .assets files...anyway to extract and edit or something?

Thanks again for all your hard work, and look foward to eventually making the switch from FSD3......eventually...LoL.

the .asset files are memory maps so when basically there is an app on the computer, that will map the image as if it is loaded into xbox memory, so it is one less thing the xbox has to do. unfortunatly, there is no way that I know to reverse that, so you are out of luck.

Nice work guys....im still one of the ''wierdos'' still on FSD3....is there a way to manually add covers yet?  I currently use GaDaBaMa (thanks keyser) for all my covers and infos (it also tells me DLC for each game in my library)?  This is one of the main reasons i've yet to switch to Aurora.  I see/know everything is kept in .assets files...anyway to extract and edit or something?

Thanks again for all your hard work, and look foward to eventually making the switch from FSD3......eventually...LoL.

I still use fsd i like it because of its custom themed skins,if i want to use aurora its in homebrew, it only takes a few seconds to boot into it.

Manually adding covers i assume you're talking about aurora

I still use fsd i like it because of its custom themed skins,if i want to use aurora its in homebrew, it only takes a few seconds to boot into it.

Yes he is talking about aurora, as you can manually add covers in FSD. People are making custom skins for aurora also you know.

Is Keyser still around?  I'd love to spend some time with him explaining the new asset format in Aurora so GaDaBaMa could be updated to support it.

the .asset files are memory maps so when basically there is an app on the computer, that will map the image as if it is loaded into xbox memory, so it is one less thing the xbox has to do. unfortunatly, there is no way that I know to reverse that, so you are out of luck.

:-(

I was looking into skinning Aurora 4b....now with 5b and the sorting ill look into it again.

I'm hoping we can find a way for these asset files or an app for manual cover/info adding, as that is all i really miss.  (And if i'd ever take my box online, i'd have np, but box is always offline....now with NOVA, now maybe I'll make my box NOVA capible....LoL)

Is Keyser still around?  I'd love to spend some time with him explaining the new asset format in Aurora so GaDaBaMa could be updated to support it.

I dont think so...I wish....not since the fsd3 release, i dont think.

I wish i knew more, as I am willing to help or whatever, I've just been out of the coding/windows app game for a long time now, so im ignorant again... and know a guy or two willing to look into it if we can get more info, so we can try to create something like GaDaBaMa (with of course credits to you all and keyser if we were to ever do it).  Hopefully he is around and will see this, as I've always used his apps for FSD3 and I was getting into skinning until all development for FSD3 stopped, thanks to him.

Thanks again to everyone involved!!

I held on to FSD3 for a long time too, and didn't want to switch to Aurora, until I finally made myself. Once you use it for a little bit, you'll never go back; it is so much more streamlined, aesthetically pleasing, and customizable in regard to how the end user can operate it. Switching to Aurora made me even more excited to turn on my RGH than normal. Plus, this 0.5b revision adds a couple great features such as the Quick View and search options, which is an improvement upon the tabs from FSD3.

In regard to game covers, the "push to Xbox" function of Unity is amazing, and makes it so simple/convenient to build a great library of custom game covers.

Hi team,

Great work as always.....

I should have chimed in before the update although it have probably been noted and resolved already in this update.

The problem i found was that a few games like BlackOp2 would download the latest tu but would miss match the media id. I had to do some manually due to this. I hope and believe this is someone uploading the wrong files and not an Aurora issue.

Now i'm going to be anal and suggest that we have a standard for banners in the artwork. I.e a standard of uniform headers on the artwork in stead of varying styles for the arcade banner, xbox 360 banner, kinect banner etc on the top of the covers.

I only suggest this as the styling and class associated with aurora is superb and it does take from it. 

I have the time and sure others do to take on the database and make them all as uniform and aesthetically pleasing as i believe Aurora intended.

Anyway, i'm sure the appreciation for the time you people put in is understated. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Hi team,

Great work as always.....

I should have chimed in before the update although it have probably been noted and resolved already in this update.

The problem i found was that a few games like BlackOp2 would download the latest tu but would miss match the media id. I had to do some manually due to this. I hope and believe this is someone uploading the wrong files and not an Aurora issue.

Now i'm going to be anal and suggest that we have a standard for banners in the artwork. I.e a standard of uniform headers on the artwork in stead of varying styles for the arcade banner, xbox 360 banner, kinect banner etc on the top of the covers.

I only suggest this as the styling and class associated with aurora is superb and it does take from it. 

I have the time and sure others do to take on the database and make them all as uniform and aesthetically pleasing as i believe Aurora intended.

Anyway, i'm sure the appreciation for the time you people put in is understated. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

That TU issue should be a bad TU upload, however, the TU's should be scanned for MediaID prior to being added to the database, if you tell me which games it occured on, and what MediaID you expected to see i can look into checking why it's not behaving as expected and see where the problem is

• Like 2

Good release, in the next release , you can implement the management of the fans ?

Nope, time and time again we answer this question with: NO It's NOT coming, stop asking...

We've given the same answer every single f*ing release, everytime someone asks for this, we're NOT adding it no matter how many ppl ask, no matter how many times you ask... If you truly want to change these settings, use Dashlaunch or xeBuild (xeBuild -> next time you update your console, tell it what settings you want)

• Like 6

Good release, in the next release , you can implement the management of the fans ?

Wow, do we have to create a thread just for this. I think it would go something along the lines of:

EVERYONE WHO ASKS THIS QUESTION WILL BE CONSIDERED A SPAMMER, AS IT HAS BEEN ANSWERED IN MULTIPLE TIMES IN MULTIPLE THREADS. IT IS NEVER COMING, SO DONT WASTE OUR TIME ASKING.

How hard is it to read some threads, and find some answers. We are a lot nicer here then the people on the TX forums about stuff like this, but we still dont want to spoon feed the same answers to people who are to lazy to google, or search the forum for an answer first. This has been asked in every aurora thread since aurora was first released, the answer hasnt changed, and it isnt going to.

• Like 11

Anyone already discovered the hidden easter egg? Oo

I know where it's at, and i also know what it is, but i'm not telling :)

• Like 2

We are a lot nicer here then the people on the TX forums about stuff like this, but we still dont want to spoon feed the same answers to people who are to lazy to google, or search the forum for an answer first.

That's for sure...haha

Any hint? :D Searching for a long time and I am unable to find it^^

I can tell you where it is not at, as I took a couple of minutes to look into it briefly. it isnt in the file manager, the back menu, or the start menu. I searched the game option menu also, and didnt find it there. I didnt check the rom browser, or the dlc manger, or the trainer menu. But with most easter eggs out there, it isnt just click here, and there it is. There is probably some process of hit this button on this screen, then goto this screen and click this button, then type something in this box, etc.... until it shows up.

So it's nearly impossible to search for it :D We have to wait until it randomly appears? :D

That is correct, unless you know the exact sequence of how to make it appear, then that is a different story.

• Like 1

Any hint? :D Searching for a long time and I am unable to find it^^

The only hint i will give you is that it involves holding a specific button for a specific amount of time hovering over a specific item in Aurora :)

• Like 3

great job guys  :thumbup:  is awesome the work you're doing

i need some help, i don´t know how to configure connectX since it´s not working for me, i have windows 8.1 (i´m starting to think that´s the problem)

great job guys  :thumbup:  is awesome the work you're doing

i need some help, i don´t know how to configure connectX since it´s not working for me, i have windows 8.1 (i´m starting to think that´s the problem)

I used it on Windows 8.1 so that's not the issue...

However, you probably don't have the ConnectX plugin installed, like most... it's illegal to distribute, therefor we do not include it in Aurora, it can easily be found on google tho, just search for "ConnectX Patched" or something like that, and you should find it, it's the same as was used with FSD ;)

I used it on Windows 8.1 so that's not the issue...

However, you probably don't have the ConnectX plugin installed, like most... it's illegal to distribute, therefor we do not include it in Aurora, it can easily be found on google tho, just search for "ConnectX Patched" or something like that, and you should find it, it's the same as was used with FSD ;)

Just got done sending him a pm with a step by step sort of guide. :)

• Like 1