RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

Just got done sending him a pm with a step by step sort of guide. :)

Feel free to post a step-by-step guide for others to read :)

Feel free to post a step-by-step guide for others to read :)

Will do, Just dont have any video capture stuff, so it would be a text based guide, Unless you want to step in and add them. :)

in Quick Views. How can I organized games by folder? For example I have a folder of games that are for kids only. How can I add a quick views for that folder alone? Is it possible?

you could add a custom script tag to all the scanpaths you want for your kids, and then create a lua filter for that script tag

WebUI hasnt been done yet, I think you can still technically pull it up, as I believe the web server for it is in the freestyle plugin. The closest thing you are going to get until nova is released is unity push, and that is assuming that webUI is added to Nova. I have been waiting on this feature, so I can fix my emulator covers, but it isnt a big deal to me.

Just to be clear, the webui you see now, is based in the freestyleplugin. It has nothing to do with aurora, but also not with F3. F3 has its own webui that allowed changing covers.

In that regard a NOVA webui would be the same as the freestyle plugin webui, it would not have access to the Aurora covers. Aurora would need its own webui for that.

We will see what to do about it in a future release.

Hi team,

Great work as always.....

Now i'm going to be anal and suggest that we have a standard for banners in the artwork. I.e a standard of uniform headers on the artwork in stead of varying styles for the arcade banner, xbox 360 banner, kinect banner etc on the top of the covers.

I only suggest this as the styling and class associated with aurora is superb and it does take from it.

I have the time and sure others do to take on the database and make them all as uniform and aesthetically pleasing as i believe Aurora intended.

Anyway, i'm sure the appreciation for the time you people put in is understated. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

I totally agree! I have been working on a new template that would match Aurora's style (like Aurora's own cover, or the one i made for dashlaunch 3), I have been short on time lately though. I will put this back on my list.

Thanks for this one! It now loads my big games library a lot faster. Before it used to load up to 700 games quickly and then everything above took a while, so booting was a process that took minutes. Now it scans through the games library very fast.

This project is just getting better and better. I'm really impressed.

• Like 1

and...

Is there any way to change cover for now?  Because maybe gta IV and gta IV EFLC have this same cover....

and...

Is there any way to change cover for now?  Because maybe gta IV and gta IV EFLC have this same cover....

What do you mean?

I mean cover art of games into aurora...

4d6232bb22.jpg

and sry for my bad english :)

You can upload any covers you want to xboxunity, they can then be pushed to your xbox (once we've approved it) i can tell you right now tho that this image wouldn't be accepted as it's not a real cover (it's just the front cover centered into the image, which isn't going to work in Aurora properly...

There is a tool in the making which will allow you to bypass this by changing the covers offline without unity

• Like 4

So how is the easter egg hunt coming?

I still havnt found it, but I havnt looked overly hard for it either. I figure when it does finally show up, it will be a surprise. lol.

i dunno about easter egg, but i do like the Alt splash screen, lol

Maybe you can tell us if it is a button combo

Read the thread, i mentioned that already ;) might have been the other news thread tho, so check both :)

• Like 1

Read the thread, i mentioned that already ;) might have been the other news thread tho, so check both :)

I know what you said, still havnt found it though, I havnt spent a ton of time looking for it. lol. :)

It involves holding a button for a certain amount of time while focus is on a specific control.  What I can tell you is that you'll have to have your XboxUnity account linked to Aurora for it to work and that the specific control I refer to is somewhere in the settings scene.

Good luck!

It involves holding a button for a certain amount of time while focus is on a specific control.  What I can tell you is that you'll have to have your XboxUnity account linked to Aurora for it to work and that the specific control I refer to is somewhere in the settings scene.

Good luck!

I kinda figured it was there. lol, just havnt had much time to look for it, as I am busy with actual life, and yesterday, I was busy most of the day testing the .asset editor with Swizzy and Felida. :)

• Like 1

I kinda figured it was there. lol, just havnt had much time to look for it, as I am busy with actual life, and yesterday, I was busy most of the day testing the .asset editor with Swizzy and Felida. :)

I found a few more bugs this morning, might make the release thread in a couple of hours for it :)

Such as, It seemed to be working perfectly yesterday, and felida used it to create covers for the retroarch cores, and I tested all that out last nite also. The only thing I found, that could be considered a "bug", is that if there are no assets in a .asset, it doesnt load the file. But I dont know if I would consider this a bug. the only problem I had there, is the last 2 hex digits after the titleid_mediaid change depending on when the info is added to content.db, so there is no set standard as to where to put the covers for each emulator. but I am trying to work on an easy solution for that, but it is kind of the same problem MaesterRowen was talking about, with the DLC and opening the filemanager in that directory. :( If the cores are stored in a non standard spot, I cant get the table ID for them to generate the Hex Digits from for the emulator.

Such as, It seemed to be working perfectly yesterday, and felida used it to create covers for the retroarch cores, and I tested all that out last nite also. The only thing I found, that could be considered a "bug", is that if there are no assets in a .asset, it doesnt load the file. But I dont know if I would consider this a bug. the only problem I had there, is the last 2 hex digits after the titleid_mediaid change depending on when the info is added to content.db, so there is no set standard as to where to put the covers for each emulator. but I am trying to work on an easy solution for that, but it is kind of the same problem MaesterRowen was talking about, with the DLC and opening the filemanager in that directory. :( If the cores are stored in a non standard spot, I cant get the table ID for them to generate the Hex Digits from for the emulator.

Mainly a few crashes with big images, and that resizing didn't work when you did drag 'n' drop... fixed tho ;)

When there's no assets there's nothing to load... it should tell you that it's empty, didn't it do that?

It's not MediaID as the second parameter, it's DB ID i thought i told you guys that?

Mainly a few crashes with big images, and that resizing didn't work when you did drag 'n' drop... fixed tho ;)

When there's no assets there's nothing to load... it should tell you that it's empty, didn't it do that?

It's not MediaID as the second parameter, it's DB ID i thought i told you guys that?

1. Cool.

2. It just said it couldnt open the file, nothing about there not being any data there. Some people might find this confusing, especially if they just copied it off of their xbox.

3. I figured that out, you just said it was data used by aurora. lol. I am fairly certain it was TitleID_MediaIDDBID where DBID is the hex value of the decimal value of ID in the DB. :) It took me a second, but I figured out the format.

1. Cool.

2. It just said it couldnt open the file, nothing about there not being any data there. Some people might find this confusing, especially if they just copied it off of their xbox.

3. I figured that out, you just said it was data used by aurora. lol. I am fairly certain it was TitleID_MediaIDDBID where DBID is the hex value of the decimal value of ID in the DB. :) It took me a second, but I figured out the format.

Can you send me the file you tested with so i can see where it goes wrong?