RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.3b - Released!

Something went wrong with the update, try overwriting the files from the package linked in the first post

alright, will do and report back.  Thanks   :)

Addendum:  That seems to have done the trick!  Thanks for the help Swizzy, and thanks to all the creators for this great dash.

• Like 1

alright, will do and report back.  Thanks   :)

Addendum:  That seems to have done the trick!  Thanks for the help Swizzy, and thanks to all the creators for this great dash.

This can also occur if you were using an old skin as well.

This can also occur if you were using an old skin as well.

yeah was going to ask I didn't find any skin ? Going to redownload it to see what up

Thanks guys!! Sometimes I use some DVDs to play games from my DVD reader and I could see the disk from the FSD...

It's possible to add this function in the next Aurora's update??

Thanks guys!! Sometimes I use some DVDs to play games from my DVD reader and I could see the disk from the FSD...

It's possible to add this function in the next Aurora's update??

It has been said many times, you can launch disk based games from the hud, or the file manager, or the file browser, so it is not a priority. While it could be done, it might be a while, or it may be never.

Hey, since people were giving their ideas, i thought it would be cool that instead of using up and down on the D pad or analogue stick to scroll left or right, is it possible to use that to scroll through categories? For example XBLA games/ emulators/homebrew (maybe you could use the scripts to activate deactivate unwanted categories) so for example i press left and right and it scrolls through my xbox360 games, then press up on the d pad or anaologue stick maybe XBLA list drops down from above(or below) or homebrew drops down after that and left and right then lets me scroll through that category of games. Just thought it would be a good way to keep the dashboard looking clean and uncluttered but making it easy to switch between the categories of games you want to use. Maybe there is already a way to do this though!

Anyway Aurora 0.3b is looking really good! thanks alot

can you make launch.ini for this??

Learn to configure it yourself... it's not like it's actually hard...

Hey, since people were giving their ideas, i thought it would be cool that instead of using up and down on the D pad or analogue stick to scroll left or right, is it possible to use that to scroll through categories? For example XBLA games/ emulators/homebrew (maybe you could use the scripts to activate deactivate unwanted categories) so for example i press left and right and it scrolls through my xbox360 games, then press up on the d pad or anaologue stick maybe XBLA list drops down from above(or below) or homebrew drops down after that and left and right then lets me scroll through that category of games. Just thought it would be a good way to keep the dashboard looking clean and uncluttered but making it easy to switch between the categories of games you want to use. Maybe there is already a way to do this though!

Anyway Aurora 0.3b is looking really good! thanks alot

We're working on ways to implement switching active filters quickly, we appreciate your input and we'll see how it ends up beeing when it's done, but tbh... i don't think we'll use those 2... if you ever used the "Table" layout, you'll see why :)

It has been said many times, you can launch disk based games from the hud, or the file manager, or the file browser, so it is not a priority. While it could be done, it might be a while, or it may be never.

But my friend! Aurora is awesome you are doing an exelent work! Would be nice to have a complete dashboard that show you several options to lauch a game!

and in addition is it posible to make aurora compatible with the content manager?

And once again thanks for this new update.

But my friend! Aurora is awesome you are doing an exelent work! Would be nice to have a complete dashboard that show you several options to lauch a game!

and in addition is it posible to make aurora compatible with the content manager?

And once again thanks for this new update.

"show you several options to launch a game"? what do you mean?! there are no different ways to launch the games, they're launched differently depending on if they're pure XEX or in a container, other then that... there's nothing... and for that... there's nothing you need to worry about doing manually...

It'd work once we add SMB/Samba i guess, but... until then, no... there's no way other then the developer switching to FTP...

"show you several options to launch a game"? what do you mean?! there are no different ways to launch the games, they're launched differently depending on if they're pure XEX or in a container, other then that... there's nothing... and for that... there's nothing you need to worry about doing manually...

It'd work once we add SMB/Samba i guess, but... until then, no... there's no way other then the developer switching to FTP...

I mean to add some feature that allow you to take control of dvd drivers directly from Aurora's interface e.g. Eject a disk, load a disk and of course to execute an XGD3 game from the driver, and I'm not saying that I don't like Aurora, actually, I love it! It's just about what I'll like to see in next updates. Please excuse me if I displeased someone with my opinions, probably there's a lot of people that disagree with me... However, I'll be very grateful if you take my opinios into account.

• Like 1

ejecting disc can be done via the hud... i think implementing it would disrupt the simplicity interface of aurora it self....

I mean to add some feature that allow you to take control of dvd drivers directly from Aurora's interface e.g. Eject a disk, load a disk and of course to execute an XGD3 game from the driver, and I'm not saying that I don't like Aurora, actually, I love it! It's just about what I'll like to see in next updates. Please excuse me if I displeased someone with my opinions, probably there's a lot of people that disagree with me... However, I'll be very grateful if you take my opinios into account.

We listen to all feedback we get, sometimes we do what ppl ask/come up with, sometimes we don't, most of the time i know of a way to do things already, and then i'll just mention it... but as obh555 stated, itäs already possible... and it'd mess with the simplicity of the design, it'd also mean that the game would have to be listed in the coverflow... it'd do so without a cover due to the game not existing when you eject the disc...

• Like 1

I would suggest keeping it as simple as possible. I don't see anything that needs to be added imo. Just fix bugs if there are any and that's it.

We listen to all feedback we get, sometimes we do what ppl ask/come up with, sometimes we don't, most of the time i know of a way to do things already, and then i'll just mention it... but as obh555 stated, itäs already possible... and it'd mess with the simplicity of the design, it'd also mean that the game would have to be listed in the coverflow... it'd do so without a cover due to the game not existing when you eject the disc...

Thank you very much Swizzy to listen all our feedback and I know you should have other piorities to be resolved (first, bugs of course). And about the disc listed in the coverflow, you said it wil be show without a cover... however, is there no way to get a cover from the disc? I mean the NXE can get a preview that it's not the cover but an image that maybe could be used in the coverflow

Thank you very much once again, and have a nice day.

Thank you very much Swizzy to listen all our feedback and I know you should have other piorities to be resolved (first, bugs of course). And about the disc listed in the coverflow, you said it wil be show without a cover... however, is there no way to get a cover from the disc? I mean the NXE can get a preview that it's not the cover but an image that maybe could be used in the coverflow

Thank you very much once again, and have a nice day.

The preview doesn't exist on all games, and it's nowhere near big enough to actually look any good...

Wow, bye FSD!

Is possible to add in futures updates a option to get notifications when new dlc's comes on xboxmarketplace or something similiar?

Theres a way to show only Xbox 360/XBLA games (without homebrews and emulators) without hide?

Thank you very much and congrats to the big work!

Wow, bye FSD!

Is possible to add in futures updates a option to get notifications when new dlc's comes on xboxmarketplace or something similiar?

Theres a way to show only Xbox 360/XBLA games (without homebrews and emulators) without hide?

Thank you very much and congrats to the big work!

DLC notification isn't going to happen, sorry...

There are filters for Xbox 360 OR XBLA, you cannot have both filters active at the same time right now... i could make a filter for you that handles both tho if you want it...

There are filters for Xbox 360 OR XBLA, you cannot have both filters active at the same time right now... i could make a filter for you that handles both thoif you want it...

would be great, I will be very grateful!

is possible to do too a script that sort by Favorites first then A-Z later? :D

Thank you!

Thanx for the major update. I have a question. I wrote this before! I have a large library of games all over usb and internal hdd drives. I scan the directory Content/00000000000000 and in there i have all my xbla and multidisc games. My single disc games are inside custom folders in hdd or usb and i have created "links" to them with 360 shortcut maker available on xbins. These links are small default.xex's in live containers.

Now here is my question. I cannot download Title updates for games using those aforementioned links nor enable or disable them. this does however work in FSD. What i fathom is that somehow FSD looked inside the live container header for the title and media id and probarbly aurora looks into the default.xex to determine the title and media id. And probarbly 360 shortcut maker does not inject the title and media id into the default.xex or the other way around. Either way this does work with FSD yet it doesn't with aurora..

Now my problem is i would love multidisc games to be able to autoswap ALWAYS. That is to say when launched from the microsoft dashboard -> my games or quicklaunch or recent or whatever route i take to launching said game. And this will work with dashlaunch's autoswap feature. I can however not use multiple paths including the content\0000000000000000 directory in a scan + the directoy where the real games are stored because it will show all games twice in the game list. So now i have to choose either lose the autoswap feature or lose the title update feature..

IS there any way i can enjoy both??? I mean i can understand a new code for title and media id may be better if this one does recognise the game on all discs, not just on disc 1. But here is where this new code has a problem... I could also ask the original developer of 360 shortcut maker to look at his code to make it aurora compatlble.. But he abondoned it a couple of years ago. Don't know how much animo he has to pick that back up for this small change with so little demand.

Any thoughts from you aurora developers??? Maybe a small code change will help me??

would be great, I will be very grateful!

is possible to do too a script that sort by Favorites first then A-Z later? :D

Thank you!

Gimme a few days and i'll have both scripts for ya, might wanna send me a pm tho so that i remember it, having lot's of projects running right now... some very advanced/difficult, some simple (like this one)

hi, i dont have internal hdd and xexmenu..so can i use this??how??i use launch.ini for fsd..can u make launch.ini for aurora??

No, we cannot send you one... you have to learn to configure dashlaunch on your own, the installer makes this a EASY task... if you don't wanna learn how to do it, go sell your console... nobody is going to spoonfeed you with silver spoons around here...

Thanx for the major update. I have a question. I wrote this before! I have a large library of games all over usb and internal hdd drives. I scan the directory Content/00000000000000 and in there i have all my xbla and multidisc games. My single disc games are inside custom folders in hdd or usb and i have created "links" to them with 360 shortcut maker available on xbins. These links are small default.xex's in live containers.

Now here is my question. I cannot download Title updates for games using those aforementioned links nor enable or disable them. this does however work in FSD. What i fathom is that somehow FSD looked inside the live container header for the title and media id and probarbly aurora looks into the default.xex to determine the title and media id. And probarbly 360 shortcut maker does not inject the title and media id into the default.xex or the other way around. Either way this does work with FSD yet it doesn't with aurora..

Now my problem is i would love multidisc games to be able to autoswap ALWAYS. That is to say when launched from the microsoft dashboard -> my games or quicklaunch or recent or whatever route i take to launching said game. And this will work with dashlaunch's autoswap feature. I can however not use multiple paths including the content\0000000000000000 directory in a scan + the directoy where the real games are stored because it will show all games twice in the game list. So now i have to choose either lose the autoswap feature or lose the title update feature..

IS there any way i can enjoy both??? I mean i can understand a new code for title and media id may be better if this one does recognise the game on all discs, not just on disc 1. But here is where this new code has a problem... I could also ask the original developer of 360 shortcut maker to look at his code to make it aurora compatlble.. But he abondoned it a couple of years ago. Don't know how much animo he has to pick that back up for this small change with so little demand.

Any thoughts from you aurora developers??? Maybe a small code change will help me??

I actually wrote a filter for that, you can hide the shortcuts manually (press Y, go to the bottom and find "hide"), for the multidisk entries i wrote a script that hides any xex/container which says it is disknumber > 1 to only show the first disc of everygame, this should hopefully work for all games without hiding the gamedisk, if not... i can probably code in some special cases for special case games...

Ok i have another question. I am trying to enable a title update and it just won't work. Enable or disable doesn't do one thing. It downloads alright, i even see the title update appearing in 000B000000 or whatever the directory is named withing the titleid folder of content\0x16

[edit] redownloaded title update and it works, somehow it may have been corrupted.... [/edit]

Oh and yes, you said you created a filter for the shortcuts. However those shortcuts will download all art and stuff. That is 2gb of extra data. and i can only imagine how much memory is lost to the garbage. Is there no way to just not include shortucts during the scan of new media?