RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.3b - Released!

Oh and yes, you said you created a filter for the shortcuts. However those shortcuts will download all art and stuff. That is 2gb of extra data. and i can only imagine how much memory is lost to the garbage. Is there no way to just not include shortucts during the scan of new media?

No, i didn't say it was for the shortcuts, i said it was for the multidisk games where the disk 2+ is hidden...

How many of these shortcuts do you even have? if you supply us with one of them we could maybe find a way to simply exclude them...

This is awesome. I am tired of FSD as I only really use it to launch games anyways. One question suggestion for you. I have an older 1080 rear projection TV that I use. With FSD it gave the option to adjust the screen boarders. On aurora the bottom of my screen gets cut off making it hard to read. Is there a future update to give user screen size adjustments planned. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks

This is awesome. I am tired of FSD as I only really use it to launch games anyways. One question suggestion for you. I have an older 1080 rear projection TV that I use. With FSD it gave the option to adjust the screen boarders. On aurora the bottom of my screen gets cut off making it hard to read. Is there a future update to give user screen size adjustments planned. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks

It's called overscan, it's been in since 0.2b... press B, go to the bottom of the menu that comes up, there you have Overscan ;)

It's called overscan, it's been in since 0.2b... press B, go to the bottom of the menu that comes up, there you have Overscan ;)

Thanks, I missed it the first time. Perfect!

Hello I cannot connect to Auroa,  The Authentication Failed,  Data Port and Broadcast Failed.   I open all the ports in my router, UPNP is enabled, my API Key is correct,  My 360 has static IP.  WHat else Am i missing to do.

Here is a image of my Pass and Failed.

http://gyazo.com/d10c41ba85c57de4ff21c5d7c03b0ecb

I would assumme it's a xhttp issue, can you show me/us your launch.ini settings?

I would assumme it's a xhttp issue, can you show me/us your launch.ini settings?

Here is my launch.ini settings in the spoiler

; launch.xex V3.0 config file

; parsed by simpleIni http://code.jellycan.com/simpleini/

; currently supported devices and paths:

; internal hard disk Hdd:\

; usb memory stick Usb:\

; memory unit Mu:\

; USB memory unit UsbMu:\

; big block NAND mu FlashMu:\

; internal slim 4G mu IntMu:\

; internal corona 4g mu MmcMu:\

; CD/DVD Dvd:\ (not recommended to use this one)

; buttons can point to any xex, or any CON with default.xex in it on any of the above devices

; note that Right Bumper is ALWAYS default to return NXE

; if you want to assign an additional one, use the path Sfc:\dash.xex ie:

; BUT_A = Sfc:\dash.xex

; all comments and fields in this file are optional, you can remove anything you don't need

; sorry for any double negatives :p

; njoy, cOz

; example entry

; Default = Usb:\FreeStyle\default.xex

[Paths]

BUT_A =

BUT_B =

BUT_X =

BUT_Y =

Start =

Back =

LBump =

RThumb =

LThumb =

; Default is what loads when you hold no buttons

; leave this blank if you want NXE as default

Default = Usb:\Aurora\Aurora.xex

; at boot time, default can be overridden based on how the console is turned on

; if you start with wired/wireless/IR guide button, this item if existing will be used instead of default

; note that the Guide item is ALWAYS overridden by option: remotenxe = true

Guide =

; if you power on with the button on the front of the console (or the power button on a remote if remotenxe is not set to true)

; this item will be used instead of default

Power =

; if set, going to system settings from HUD will run this app, override with Right Bumper

Configapp =

; if set, this will be run as a title before any other option occurs, does not get circumvented by held buttons or default

; guide/power opts are processed after this; intended for a short video player to allow replacing bootanim

Fakeanim =

; by default this only dumps to UART, setting a file here will cause unhandled exception info to be dumped

; as text to a file. Same path restraints as the quick launch buttons.

; if exchandler is set to false, this option does nothing.

; note that this uses the first drive of the class found, so if you use usb: and have more than one usb device

; it may wind up on any of the usb devices depending on which was enumerated first. The path for the file is only

; checked on boot, so the device must be present at power on and at crash time for this to be effective

; ie: dumpfile = Usb:\crashlog.txt

Dumpfile =

; example plugin entry

; plugin1 = Usb:\plugin\aplugin.xex

[Plugins]

plugin1 =

plugin2 = Usb:\xbdm.xex

plugin3 = Usb:\XRPC.xex

plugin4 = Hdd:\

plugin5 = Hdd:\

; these options are never used directly by dash launch but serve to give the configuration program

; a place to keep these values; note that things like ftp and udp servers are only running while installer is running

[Externals]

; if true, the configuration application will start a FTP server (user/pass: xbox)

; if not present default is FALSE

ftpserv = true

; if ftpserv is true, this is the port that will be used by the FTP server

; if not present default is 21

ftpport = 21

; if true, the configuration application will start the xebuild update server

updserv = false

; if true, the configuration application will start in launch mode instead of options mode

calaunch = false

; if true, temps in installer and in guide (shuttemps option) will be shown in fahrenheit instead of celsius

fahrenheit = true

[settings]

; if true, brining up miniblade in NXE and then pressing Y will cause launch.xex to relaunch for you

; note you must release Y button then press desired QuickLaunchButtons after or use default item

; if not present default is TRUE

nxemini = true

; if true ping limit will be removed for system link play (thanks FBDev!)

pingpatch = true

; if true (most) xbla will no longer need yaris patching (thanks mojobojo!)

contpatch = false

; Normally when a fatal error occurs the xbox will just freeze, setting this to false will cause a reboot or powerdown

; setting to TRUE will also disable the unhandled exception filter which tries to intercept recoverable unhandled exceptions with exit to dash

fatalfreeze = false

; when fatalfreeze is set to false, setting this to true will cause the box to reboot, setting it to false will instead have the box shut down

; note that this option does NOTHING when fatalfreeze is set to true

fatalreboot = true

; setting this to true will cause the box to reboot (soft reboot) the way it was intended to

; on jtag ONLY set this to true if using blackaddr's reboot fix for SMC, else on reboot you will get E71 and corrupted dash/video/etc settings

safereboot = true

; when set to true, it is possible to hold RB when launching a game to have the region that the game gets from xam spoofed

; if not present this is set to FALSE

regionspoof = false

; when regionspoof is true, you set your region here in hex preceding the value with 0x, for example devkit would be region = 0x7fff

; if not present but regionspoof is set to true, this is set to 0x7FFF

region = 0x7fff

; when set to false, ejecting a dvd video or game returns you to your default item, set to true to auto exit to NXE

dvdexitdash = false

; when set to false, using the exit item in an XBLA game returns you to your default item, set to true to exit to NXE arcade menu

xblaexitdash = false

; when set to true, using miniblades system setting options will not exit to NXE

nosysexit = false

; when set to true, miniblades will not appear... ever (requested as child saftey measure)

; note that using this option overrides everything in dash launch that relies on miniblade exits to function

nohud = false

; when set to false, xbox will be capable of finding system updaters

; if not present this is set to TRUE

noupdater = true

; when set to true, dash launch will put all debug strings out to uart

debugout = true

; when set to false, dash launch will not attempt to handle last chance unhandled exceptions

; if set to false, exceptions will also not be dumped to the dumpfile

exchandler = true

; if set to true, this will block the console from resolving LIVE related dns

; if not set this value will be TRUE

liveblock = true

; if liveblock is set to true, this will block the console from resolving all MS related dns

; setting this to TRUE will also block apps like freestyle from accessing things like cover images

; *** note that if NO INI is present for launch.xex, this is set to TRUE

; if not set this value will be FALSE

livestrong = false

; when set to TRUE the X (guide) and power button on IR remotes will cause the xbox to boot to NXE instead of default item

; note that powering on with the windows/start button automatically goes to NXE's media center now regardless of how this is set

remotenxe = false

; when set to TRUE all USB drives will be polled at hddtimer intervals for the file "alive.txt" in their root

; if the file exists, it will be recreated and 16 random bytes written to it on each poll which should keep drives from spinning down

hddalive = false

; in seconds, the interval between when USB devices will be polled for "alive.txt" file

; if not set and hddalive is set to TRUE this value will be 210

hddtimer = 210

; attempts to disable popups related to signing in, like "live is blocked" and similar

; !! WARNING OTHER THINGS DO USE THIS DIALOG AND DETECTING THAT IT'S A LOGIN DIALOG MAY NOT BE PERFECT !!

; !! to sign into live profiles other than auto signing on boot you MUST accept the 'check live for updates' dialog BEFORE enabling this option !!

signnotice = false

; when you hold guide button to shut down xbox, normally the 'cancel' option is selected

; setting this to TRUE will cause the shutdown option to be auto selected instead

; !! WARNING OTHER THINGS DO USE THIS DIALOG AND DETECTING THAT IT'S SHUTDOWN DIALOG MAY NOT BE PERFECT !!

autoshut = false

; when you hold guide button to shut down xbox, normally a dialog comes up

; setting this to TRUE will cause the console to shutdown instead of show a dialog

; !! WARNING OTHER THINGS DO USE THIS DIALOG AND DETECTING THAT IT'S SHUTDOWN DIALOG MAY NOT BE PERFECT !!

autooff = false

; 14699+ has native http functions, but you are forced to be logged into use them

; this patch removes that restriction, set to false to disable it if you have any problems

xhttp = false

; when tempbcast is set to TRUE the raw temp data from smc will be broadcast over UDP at temptime second

; intervals on port tempport

tempbcast = false

; if not set this value will be 10

temptime = 10

; if not set this value will be 7030

tempport = 7030

; when set to TRUE all titles will have the insecure socket privilege

sockpatch = false

; when set to TRUE dash launch will not erase launchdata before launching a quick launch item

passlaunch = false

; when set to TRUE various functions will be spoofed to make firmware think it's connected to LIVE

; this does not compensate for the fact that it cannot contact LIVE servers

; setting this to TRUE forces liveblock to TRUE

fakelive = false

; when set to TRUE network/cloud storage options should not show up in disk dialogs

nonetstore = true

; when set to TRUE a snapshot of the console temperature data will be displayed in the console shutdown dialog (displayed when guide button is held)

; enabling this option disables autooff

shuttemps = false

; when true, any devkit profiles on the console will not appear as corrupt and can be used

; any changes such as saving games or getting achievements will resign the profile with the current/retail keyvault

; this seems not to affect glitch/jtag dev crossflash, but could affect these profiles on true devkits

devprof = false

; when true, system link data will be encrypted for communication with devkits

devlink = false

; when true dash launch will perform automatic disk swapping

; WARNING!! do not enable if you use FSD or swap.xex for this !!

autoswap = false

; when true, disables kinect health pseudo video at game launch

nohealth = true

; when true, disables dash locale setup screens when settings already exist

nooobe = true

; when true dash launch will automatically enable fakelive functionality only during official dash and indie play sessions

autofake = false

Here is my launch.ini settings in the spoiler

; launch.xex V3.0 config file

; parsed by simpleIni http://code.jellycan.com/simpleini/

; currently supported devices and paths:

; internal hard disk Hdd:\

; usb memory stick Usb:\

; memory unit Mu:\

; USB memory unit UsbMu:\

; big block NAND mu FlashMu:\

; internal slim 4G mu IntMu:\

; internal corona 4g mu MmcMu:\

; CD/DVD Dvd:\ (not recommended to use this one)

; buttons can point to any xex, or any CON with default.xex in it on any of the above devices

; note that Right Bumper is ALWAYS default to return NXE

; if you want to assign an additional one, use the path Sfc:\dash.xex ie:

; BUT_A = Sfc:\dash.xex

; all comments and fields in this file are optional, you can remove anything you don't need

; sorry for any double negatives :p

; njoy, cOz

; example entry

; Default = Usb:\FreeStyle\default.xex

[Paths]

BUT_A =

BUT_B =

BUT_X =

BUT_Y =

Start =

Back =

LBump =

RThumb =

LThumb =

; Default is what loads when you hold no buttons

; leave this blank if you want NXE as default

Default = Usb:\Aurora\Aurora.xex

; at boot time, default can be overridden based on how the console is turned on

; if you start with wired/wireless/IR guide button, this item if existing will be used instead of default

; note that the Guide item is ALWAYS overridden by option: remotenxe = true

Guide =

; if you power on with the button on the front of the console (or the power button on a remote if remotenxe is not set to true)

; this item will be used instead of default

Power =

; if set, going to system settings from HUD will run this app, override with Right Bumper

Configapp =

; if set, this will be run as a title before any other option occurs, does not get circumvented by held buttons or default

; guide/power opts are processed after this; intended for a short video player to allow replacing bootanim

Fakeanim =

; by default this only dumps to UART, setting a file here will cause unhandled exception info to be dumped

; as text to a file. Same path restraints as the quick launch buttons.

; if exchandler is set to false, this option does nothing.

; note that this uses the first drive of the class found, so if you use usb: and have more than one usb device

; it may wind up on any of the usb devices depending on which was enumerated first. The path for the file is only

; checked on boot, so the device must be present at power on and at crash time for this to be effective

; ie: dumpfile = Usb:\crashlog.txt

Dumpfile =

; example plugin entry

; plugin1 = Usb:\plugin\aplugin.xex

[Plugins]

plugin1 =

plugin2 = Usb:\xbdm.xex

plugin3 = Usb:\XRPC.xex

plugin4 = Hdd:\

plugin5 = Hdd:\

; these options are never used directly by dash launch but serve to give the configuration program

; a place to keep these values; note that things like ftp and udp servers are only running while installer is running

[Externals]

; if true, the configuration application will start a FTP server (user/pass: xbox)

ftpserv = true

; if ftpserv is true, this is the port that will be used by the FTP server

; if not present default is 21

ftpport = 21

; if true, the configuration application will start the xebuild update server

updserv = false

; if true, the configuration application will start in launch mode instead of options mode

calaunch = false

; if true, temps in installer and in guide (shuttemps option) will be shown in fahrenheit instead of celsius

fahrenheit = true

[settings]

; if true, brining up miniblade in NXE and then pressing Y will cause launch.xex to relaunch for you

; note you must release Y button then press desired QuickLaunchButtons after or use default item

nxemini = true

; if true ping limit will be removed for system link play (thanks FBDev!)

pingpatch = true

; if true (most) xbla will no longer need yaris patching (thanks mojobojo!)

contpatch = false

; Normally when a fatal error occurs the xbox will just freeze, setting this to false will cause a reboot or powerdown

; setting to TRUE will also disable the unhandled exception filter which tries to intercept recoverable unhandled exceptions with exit to dash

fatalfreeze = false

; when fatalfreeze is set to false, setting this to true will cause the box to reboot, setting it to false will instead have the box shut down

; note that this option does NOTHING when fatalfreeze is set to true

fatalreboot = true

; setting this to true will cause the box to reboot (soft reboot) the way it was intended to

; on jtag ONLY set this to true if using blackaddr's reboot fix for SMC, else on reboot you will get E71 and corrupted dash/video/etc settings

safereboot = true

; when set to true, it is possible to hold RB when launching a game to have the region that the game gets from xam spoofed

regionspoof = false

; when regionspoof is true, you set your region here in hex preceding the value with 0x, for example devkit would be region = 0x7fff

; if not present but regionspoof is set to true, this is set to 0x7FFF

region = 0x7fff

; when set to false, ejecting a dvd video or game returns you to your default item, set to true to auto exit to NXE

dvdexitdash = false

; when set to false, using the exit item in an XBLA game returns you to your default item, set to true to exit to NXE arcade menu

xblaexitdash = false

; when set to true, using miniblades system setting options will not exit to NXE

nosysexit = false

; when set to true, miniblades will not appear... ever (requested as child saftey measure)

; note that using this option overrides everything in dash launch that relies on miniblade exits to function

nohud = false

; when set to false, xbox will be capable of finding system updaters

noupdater = true

; when set to true, dash launch will put all debug strings out to uart

debugout = true

; when set to false, dash launch will not attempt to handle last chance unhandled exceptions

; if set to false, exceptions will also not be dumped to the dumpfile

exchandler = true

; if set to true, this will block the console from resolving LIVE related dns

liveblock = true

; if liveblock is set to true, this will block the console from resolving all MS related dns

; setting this to TRUE will also block apps like freestyle from accessing things like cover images

; *** note that if NO INI is present for launch.xex, this is set to TRUE

livestrong = false

; when set to TRUE the X (guide) and power button on IR remotes will cause the xbox to boot to NXE instead of default item

; note that powering on with the windows/start button automatically goes to NXE's media center now regardless of how this is set

remotenxe = false

; when set to TRUE all USB drives will be polled at hddtimer intervals for the file "alive.txt" in their root

; if the file exists, it will be recreated and 16 random bytes written to it on each poll which should keep drives from spinning down

hddalive = false

; in seconds, the interval between when USB devices will be polled for "alive.txt" file

; if not set and hddalive is set to TRUE this value will be 210

hddtimer = 210

; attempts to disable popups related to signing in, like "live is blocked" and similar

; !! WARNING OTHER THINGS DO USE THIS DIALOG AND DETECTING THAT IT'S A LOGIN DIALOG MAY NOT BE PERFECT !!

; !! to sign into live profiles other than auto signing on boot you MUST accept the 'check live for updates' dialog BEFORE enabling this option !!

signnotice = false

; when you hold guide button to shut down xbox, normally the 'cancel' option is selected

; setting this to TRUE will cause the shutdown option to be auto selected instead

autoshut = false

; when you hold guide button to shut down xbox, normally a dialog comes up

; setting this to TRUE will cause the console to shutdown instead of show a dialog

autooff = false

; 14699+ has native http functions, but you are forced to be logged into use them

; this patch removes that restriction, set to false to disable it if you have any problems

xhttp = false

; when tempbcast is set to TRUE the raw temp data from smc will be broadcast over UDP at temptime second

; intervals on port tempport

tempbcast = false

; if not set this value will be 10

temptime = 10

; if not set this value will be 7030

tempport = 7030

; when set to TRUE all titles will have the insecure socket privilege

sockpatch = false

; when set to TRUE dash launch will not erase launchdata before launching a quick launch item

passlaunch = false

; when set to TRUE various functions will be spoofed to make firmware think it's connected to LIVE

; this does not compensate for the fact that it cannot contact LIVE servers

; setting this to TRUE forces liveblock to TRUE

fakelive = false

; when set to TRUE network/cloud storage options should not show up in disk dialogs

nonetstore = true

; when set to TRUE a snapshot of the console temperature data will be displayed in the console shutdown dialog (displayed when guide button is held)

; enabling this option disables autooff

shuttemps = false

; when true, any devkit profiles on the console will not appear as corrupt and can be used

; any changes such as saving games or getting achievements will resign the profile with the current/retail keyvault

; this seems not to affect glitch/jtag dev crossflash, but could affect these profiles on true devkits

devprof = false

; when true, system link data will be encrypted for communication with devkits

devlink = false

; when true dash launch will perform automatic disk swapping

; WARNING!! do not enable if you use FSD or swap.xex for this !!

autoswap = false

; when true, disables kinect health pseudo video at game launch

nohealth = true

; when true, disables dash locale setup screens when settings already exist

nooobe = true

; when true dash launch will automatically enable fakelive functionality only during official dash and indie play sessions

autofake = false

Change xhttp to true, if that doesn't work, disable the plugins... they can also cause issues...

Change xhttp to true, if that doesn't work, disable the plugins... they can also cause issues...

Wow its works Thanks.  Yeah changing the Xhttp to true works.

Guys everytime I boot my 360 to Aurora, it asks me to update aurora to latest version. Everything goes smooth, updates fine but then after a full system reboot it asks for an update again. Everytime!

Guys everytime I boot my 360 to Aurora, it asks me to update aurora to latest version. Everything goes smooth, updates fine but then after a full system reboot it asks for an update again. Everytime!

What version does it say in the about screen?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i think it would be awesome if you could enhance the trainer launch a little more.

like, any .xex in gamepath/Trainers/ , which is titled xxxxx.loader.xex will get displayed in the menu.

without .loader of course :D

Then it would also be possible to load trainers which come with 2 or more .xex

edit: or if the detection, .loader.xex like i mentioned could be chosen in the aurora settings

i think it would be awesome if you could enhance the trainer launch a little more.

like, any .xex in gamepath/Trainers/ , which is titled xxxxx.loader.xex will get displayed in the menu.

without .loader of course :D

Then it would also be possible to load trainers which come with 2 or more .xex

edit: or if the detection, .loader.xex like i mentioned could be chosen in the aurora settings

The aurora compatible trainers don't need 2 or more xex's as Aurora is the loader... all they need is to tell the framework what to edit/change that's it... any old trainers won't be compatible, they have to be built specifically for Aurora...

The aurora compatible trainers don't need 2 or more xex's as Aurora is the loader... all they need is to tell the framework what to edit/change that's it... any old trainers won't be compatible, they have to be built specifically for Aurora...

but i think is is a big problem, why should they update or rewrite the whole trainer just for aurora?

especially those for the old games i enjoy but maybe noone else :D

but i think is is a big problem, why should they update or rewrite the whole trainer just for aurora?

especially those for the old games i enjoy but maybe noone else :D

It's not that big of a problem- just load them how you normally would have- if you want them to show up in the aurora list you need aurora compatible trainers.

I am a total noob doing anything other than downloading and installing games. My RGH boots directly into FSD. I want to keep it that way for now, but I want to try this out. How do I install this so I can test it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I do not have an internet connection that my xbox360 can access. Will that prevent me from trying this?

I am a total noob doing anything other than downloading and installing games. My RGH boots directly into FSD. I want to keep it that way for now, but I want to try this out. How do I install this so I can test it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I do not have an internet connection that my xbox360 can access. Will that prevent me from trying this?

You hav to set another path in dashlaunch

For example

Default path:hdd/fsd/plugin/default.xex

X button:hdd/aurora/plugin/aurora.xex

Y button:

A button:

Z button:

Then save it

While you turn on your Console just hold x button ,it's for aurora

Without x button fsd

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Do what you want I can't thank you enough anymore....  :thumbup: I have read this forum topic, but have not seen any request for hitting the home button and return to aurora option that would be awesome and really make it feel like fsd is officially replaced... :thumbsup: It seems to stay in aurora when i don't want it to then it will go to freestyle when i don't want it to.. I just can't win.....

Oh and one more thing I hope next update you add the hit up or down on the d-pad to filter 360, xbla , homebrew, and emulators.. That would call it a finished product to me. Thanks again Pheonix team for all your hard work.. :wallbash:

hey guys i cant seem to download the cover art for my games on aurora, it works fine on fsd but i cant seem to get it working on aurora, is there anything extra i need to do to get it working?

You hav to set another path in dashlaunch

For example

Default path:hdd/fsd/plugin/default.xex

X button:hdd/aurora/plugin/aurora.xex

Y button:

A button:

Z button:

Then save it

While you turn on your Console just hold x button ,it's for aurora

Without x button fsd

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Or just start Aurora using FSD :)

hey guys i cant seem to download the cover art for my games on aurora, it works fine on fsd but i cant seem to get it working on aurora, is there anything extra i need to do to get it working?

Enable xhttp in dashlaunch (launch.ini) it's been said a thousand times already... :/

• Like 1

What version does it say in the about screen?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It said the exact same version which is in this rar file. Anyways, the issue is resolved by manually downloading this rar file and overwriting all the files.