RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.5b

Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since our last update- and while we had some down time for the holidays- we've been hard at work on the newest set of features for Aurora and wanted to get everyone a sneak peek. The following information and pictures are not final, so with that in mind, check it out:

Additions
ConnectXConnect X will be back in- so you can continue to view and run your libraries from your network drives, just like you did in Freestyle3.

2j2uurs.jpg

Content SearchIn the Browse Menu (X), we've added the ability to search for games in your library. When you enter the browse menu, you'll be able to press (Y) and popup a keyboard that will prompt you to enter search terms or search patterns. Upon confirm your search, the game list will filter itself.

Quick ViewThis is a big addition that we are finally finalizing in Aurora and feel it is going to bridge the gap between the power of filters and the outcry for folders.

Let me explain how they work. A quick view is a combination of filters using operators such as AND, OR, NOT and ( ). They are fully configurable and user definable, complete with their own icon, name. In addition to filters, they are also tied to sort type, sort order, and of course favorites / show hidden games.

For example, one of the preset Quick View's we'll be including is the 'Xbox 360' quick view. As you know- when you select the Xbox 360 folder, you'll also get Kinect games in that list. The 'Xbox 360' quick view creates a custom combination of filters equivalent to 'Xbox 360 AND NOT Kinect' where Xbox 360 and Kinect are normal filters.

29c2zxs.jpg

2w5oxag.jpg

167nqdt.jpg

Once you have configured and defined all of the quick views you want to have. When you press LB and RB on your controller, while on the main menu- you will be able to bring up the Quick View Selector where you can quickly swap between your different views.

34sse53.jpg

We feel this is an extremely powerful feature with endless options- 100% user configurable and definable and will make accessing your library unique to you.

Stay tuned for the upcoming release.  As usual; thanks for helping us test and improve Aurora and we look forward to bringing more functionality in the future.

Donations:
If you like what we're doing and the work we are putting into this project and would like to show your support feel free to use this handy
btn_donate_LG.gif button...

Thanks!

Thank you! Very long awaited news, I hope that the release will be soon. I would like to try. :thumbup:

• Like 9

looking good. i am just asking. how far we from seeing webUI. do you guys plan on adding support for 360 content manager. thanks all you guys. 

looking good. i am just asking. how far we from seeing webUI. do you guys plan on adding support for 360 content manager. thanks all you guys. 

If it gives you any indication, I can say that we have not started webUI and that its currently low priority.   That said- it'll come when its ready, I suppose.

As far as adding support for 360 content manager- its actually 360 content manager that needs to add support for Aurora.  So to that, I say never.

If it gives you any indication, I can say that we have not started webUI and that its currently low priority.   That said- it'll come when its ready, I suppose.

As far as adding support for 360 content manager- its actually 360 content manager that needs to add support for Aurora.  So to that, I say never.

ok sounds good. as far as 360 content manager i did not think of that lol. thanks for all your hard work. you have a good day

Actually, it'll be when the SMB Server is finished

• Like 1

Do you think searching with kinect voice is possible?

Everything is possible if you work hard  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Highly unlikely to be coming anytime soon, not sure if it's even a thing that's available in the API to have voice recognition... even so, it probably won't be giving us characters such as @ or ^ and so on (for pattern searches) and it might give you spelling mistakes...

Well it is just easier to spell instead of typing. If it is possible it would be a great thing to use.

I would only implement it as quick launching like "Aurora, start %game%" or "Xbox, reboot"

That would deserve the name of "quickness". You still browse large lists even with filters and that is a speed up but not quickness. Instant launch would only be possible with voice recognition.

Anyway its just a wish. I guess kinect is to much hated.

Well it is just easier to spell instead of typing. If it is possible it would be a great thing to use.

I would only implement it as quick launching like "Aurora, start %game%" or "Xbox, reboot"

That would deserve the name of "quickness". You still browse large lists even with filters and that is a speed up but not quickness. Instant launch would only be possible with voice recognition.

Anyway its just a wish. I guess kinect is to much hated.

It isn't hated, not by me anyways... but... i don't think there's alot of voice commands available on the 360 :)

Amazing! As a novice programmer I think the Quick View must have a lot of hard work.

Congratulations, not only for the hard work but also for all patience in yours replys!

• Like 1

I don't think we'll be incorporating kinect camera into Aurora, it uses a lot of overhead- 

Meh, maybe one day in the future when we have nothing left to add-  Kinect doesn't work well enough and requires too much overhead / management for me to find it worth while to incorporate.

Awesome news, I like the quick change filters, Just out of curiosity, did the ftp issues get fixed with the files not appending, so uploads/downloads fail? only ask as it wasnt mentioned, and another post said it would be fixed with the next version. Thank you for the hard work.

can u please add a games trailer if u can i just suggest and good for the new update

Awesome news, I like the quick change filters, Just out of curiosity, did the ftp issues get fixed with the files not appending, so uploads/downloads fail? only ask as it wasnt mentioned, and another post said it would be fixed with the next version. Thank you for the hard work.

Yes, they've been fixed... what we mention here is mostly new stuff :)

can u please add a games trailer if u can i just suggest and good for the new update

Thats already there... just not for all games...

• Like 2

Great work, looking forward to release. Hope this lets me filter 360 games better. I have some that only show on all games, but not when i filter Xbox 360. For instance, I have COD MW, MW2 and MW3 in GOD, but when i filter Xbox 360, only MW and MW2 show up.

• Like 1

Great work, looking forward to release. Hope this lets me filter 360 games better. I have some that only show on all games, but not when i filter Xbox 360. For instance, I have COD MW, MW2 and MW3 in GOD, but when i filter Xbox 360, only MW and MW2 show up.

Send me your databases and i'll investigate what's going on...