RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

HI guys sorry but Im a nooby XD hey i had a fatal crush error.....unable to find console!

i did just like the said, ihave my console by LAN and all it sims to look ok untill i have to do the last step

if someone can help please! THANKS :)

$SystemUpdate goes into the 16747 folder (or whatever version you downloaded for)

If you are getting errors you need to ask here and give us details about what error you had, just saying "i had an error" or something like that won't help, there are countless possible errors and we are not about to guess which one you encountered...

Hey HI there!!! Im having a fatal crush error it says "enable to find your console! i did everything like the post said but when i have type the command "xebuild update -f16537" start to running and suddenly say FATAL CRUSH ERROR...Enable to find your console, but i have my console by LAN and everything maybe and for sure Im doing something wrong!! I you guys can help me with that please XD

Make sure you are running the "updserv" on your console, and make sure xeBuild is allowed to use your network (perhaps temporarily disabling your firewall might solve it?)

Also, you might try to do it manually (read the thread/readme for more information on how to tell xeBuild what IP your console has)

Guest Vlad  Shantsevoy

swizzy please give a link , where you're explaining how to update NAND  via xeBuild GUI

swizzy please give a link , where you're explaining how to update NAND  via xeBuild GUI

You could use the auto updater as posted in the very first page of this thread.   :thumbup: 

or....if you want to do it the old way. download swizzy's nand reader and read your nand (if you haven't already got it, which you should have as a matter of course.!) and then use xebuild GUI you can then load your nand in there and grab your CPU key and create your self a new updated nand. and flash that back to your machine. 

Download xeBuild (version has dash 16747) then from there you can build your image, it's really straight forward, it will build an image for you that you can then put on a formatted FAT32 usb key. (you would put this file on the root of the USB key and then power your machine on with the eject and it should then update xell)

when you open the program, load your source file (your nand) then a little further down you load your CPU key... you should then see all green "ticks" along the bottom of xebuild... if you don't see all green ticks then don't proceed and report back.

Generate your image, this will make a file called "updflash.bin" copy this to a fresh formatted usb FAT32 key, stick it in your xbox and power it on with "eject" let it update....."

You would then download the system update 16747 not from m$ as there's a newer dash out but 16747 is the latest one that xebuild supports and that's the one you've just created an image with. 

Hi so my xbox is conected to internet via my laptop with network sharing, and everything works fine i can download tus and stuff, but when i want to use Xell build to update it, it just doesnt find the console... Any help?

Hi so my xbox is conected to internet via my laptop with network sharing, and everything works fine i can download tus and stuff, but when i want to use Xell build to update it, it just doesnt find the console... Any help?

Use your router instead for XeLL, the problem is probably related to DHCP not working 100% with your setup... windows sharing ussually have a IP that looks like this: 192.168.137.151 if your IP listed in XeLL is 192.168.1.100 or whatever it is (i don't remember the hardcoded one exactly right now) it won't work...

Okay, ill do it, can I ask you something that is not XeBuil related on PM?

Why not post it on the forums? or is there something private/personal you wish to talk about?

No, I just dont find a thread related to it :D

If you can't find a related thread, create one in the appropriate section of the forum...

Ok, now it finds the console but it gives the error of ******* ERROR: could not open '16756\_glitch2.ini'

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to parse 16756\_glitch2.ini

Ok, now it finds the console but it gives the error of ******* ERROR: could not open '16756\_glitch2.ini'

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to parse 16756\_glitch2.ini

Don't build 16756, do 16747... and make sure to have all the files for it...

16756 isn't officially supported...

A bit confused.

Should I update dashlaunch before dashboard update?

Where can I download latest files for dashboard 16747 update? Currently have 16537.

Only if it's out-dated or if you need features not available on older versions...

Only if it's out-dated or if you need features not available on older versions...

I have Dashlaunch 3.10 will it work when I update dashboard to 16747? Or should I update Dashlaunch before Dashboard?

Oh, If I may ask, to point to 16747 update files, like common and avatar & kinect. If not... sorry for bothering with this. Haven't updated anything in a while.

I have Dashlaunch 3.10 will it work when I update dashboard to 16747? Or should I update Dashlaunch before Dashboard?

Oh, If I may ask, to point to 16747 update files, like common and avatar & kinect. If not... sorry for bothering with this. Haven't updated anything in a while.

No, during the kernel update you will also replace Dashlaunch...

Swizzy I have an RGH Jasper with a replacement DVD drive.  After using XEBUILD I noticed that it will not recognize the DVD.  I am thinking that the DVD key is off and I will verify it.  Is there a way to specify a certain DVD key when using XEBUILD to flash my new image.  Thanks in advance.

Edit - OK so I had a minute to compare the DVD keys.  They match original with XeBuild report. I guess I will have to think about this some more.

Swizzy I have an RGH Jasper with a replacement DVD drive.  After using XEBUILD I noticed that it will not recognize the DVD.  I am thinking that the DVD key is off and I will verify it.  Is there a way to specify a certain DVD key when using XEBUILD to flash my new image.  Thanks in advance.

Edit - OK so I had a minute to compare the DVD keys.  They match original with XeBuild report. I guess I will have to think about this some more.

It's probably FCRT.bin beeing incorrect, so... try adding that patch...

How do I connect my Xbox to PC? Any link to a tutorial please. 

Thanks in advance!

You use FTP, there's no link i can give you that explains how to do it with a Xbox specifically... you need to use a FTP client like Filezilla, start a homebrew with a FTP server built in (XEXMenu, Dashlaunch [The installer], F3, Aurora etc. have it)

are there any restrictions to apply this tutorial to my console? because i dont know anything about my console besides that it has RGH

are there any restrictions to apply this tutorial to my console? because i dont know anything about my console besides that it has RGH

If you read it carefully you should be fine, it's probably a good idea to dump your nand before starting tho, so i'd recommend doing it the manual way: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/

hey guys, ran into a little problem i cant figure it out. just a noob here...

i updated my kernel 15574 to 16767. this worked (my boot is fsd) so that booted up. When i wanted to update the avatar and went to the general xbox dash to settings, i got the E71 error. I could correct this to reinstalling the old nand from 15574. What did i do wrong? and what can i do to update to the latest kernel and have everything working?

thanks for hopfully some usefull awnsers/comments.