RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

Yeah, the covers FSD can grab are all from xbox.com, and it's only the front cover that can be downloaded

I am using xeBuild_GUI_2.097 to patch flashdmp.bin and I am getting this error? I have tried to use the original Non modded flashdmp.bin when I got my Xbox Jtagged and I get the same error. Can I continue to flash the file?

2w2hi6e.jpg

I do have a Corona v2 [4gb] Motherboard..

Can I ignore the ERROR or should I be looking at this guide

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-update-to-new-dash-2-0-17349-with-corona-v2-rgh.1321396/

I am using xeBuild_GUI_2.097 to patch flashdmp.bin and I am getting this error? I have tried to use the original Non modded flashdmp.bin when I got my Xbox Jtagged and I get the same error. Can I continue to flash the file?

2w2hi6e.jpg

I do have a Corona v2 [4gb] Motherboard..

Can I ignore the ERROR or should I be looking at this guide

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-update-to-new-dash-2-0-17349-with-corona-v2-rgh.1321396/

Read the specified instructions in my signature ;)

Read the specified instructions in my signature ;)

CPU Key is correct and I am unable to edit or add information in the Motherboard Information tab in xeBuild_GUI_2.097

Dashboard is update NOW. My hear skipped a beat, with that Corona & xeBuild issue. But its all sorted out now.

CPU Key is correct and I am unable to edit or add information in the Motherboard Information tab in xeBuild_GUI_2.097

That's because that tab only have information, it's not for you to edit... also, it's a groupbox... read my tutorial linked from my signature below and you'll know what to do...

HELP!!  I am in the same situation that parta00 was in - described in his post here : http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/page-7#entry17966

I had the outdate HV patches issue.  I ran the "xebuild.exe client -p" command which seemed to fix the patch issue.  I then restarted updsvr_standalone_v1 and tried the XPGUpdater, which got further than before.  the program seemed to hang then crash.  After rebooting my XBOX, nothing happens and I just get a black screen.  I am, however, able to launch XELL with the eject button, but it gets stuck in a loop looking for files.  I'm really hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.  I am a newb and have no idea where to start.   I was trying to update my XBOX so that my son could play his new Madden 2016 that he got for Christmas and feel horrible that I've bricked it.

I really appreciate any guidance that can be provided.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

HELP!!  I am in the same situation that parta00 was in - described in his post here : http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/page-7#entry17966

I had the outdate HV patches issue.  I ran the "xebuild.exe client -p" command which seemed to fix the patch issue.  I then restarted updsvr_standalone_v1 and tried the XPGUpdater, which got further than before.  the program seemed to hang then crash.  After rebooting my XBOX, nothing happens and I just get a black screen.  I am, however, able to launch XELL with the eject button, but it gets stuck in a loop looking for files.  I'm really hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.  I am a newb and have no idea where to start.   I was trying to update my XBOX so that my son could play his new Madden 2016 that he got for Christmas and feel horrible that I've bricked it.

I really appreciate any guidance that can be provided.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2376-how-to-fix-non-booting-console-after-dashlaunch-update/ <--- Read this, even tho it says "Dashlaunch Update", it's the same problem you're facing...

Swizzy, thanks so much for your guidance!  With the help from your link, I was able to download my NAND and create a new updflash.bin.  Unfortunately, when I put my USB stick in my XBOX and power up with the eject button, XELL gets stuck in a loop "looking for files on local media and TFTP..."  I don't think it is finding or looking for my updflash.bin?  Any ideas?  Thanks again!!

Swizzy, thanks so much for your guidance!  With the help from your link, I was able to download my NAND and create a new updflash.bin.  Unfortunately, when I put my USB stick in my XBOX and power up with the eject button, XELL gets stuck in a loop "looking for files on local media and TFTP..."  I don't think it is finding or looking for my updflash.bin?  Any ideas?  Thanks again!!

What size was your dump? and your USB... is it FAT32?

I'm sorry - my flashdmp.bin is 540MB.  It is my updflash.bin that is 66MB.  Does this sound right?

Yup, that means you have 512MB Jasper, which means you either named the file wrong, you're running a very old XeLL or your USB isn't supported/don't have FAT32

Perhaps download "rawflash" and rename the updflash.bin file to "nandflash.bin" that should hopefully solve the problem unless it's a USB issue in which case you should try a different brand of USB stick

OK - so I placed the xenon.elf and my renamed nandflash.bin on my USB and XELL still gets stuck looking for files.

Here are a couple of screen shots from XELL:

** links removed **

I do not recall it getting stuck in a loop before I did the HV patch thing, but could be mistaken...

Good news! I have a USB extender that I was using - took this out and tried a different thumb drive. Using rawflash did write the image and I am back up and running!!!

Swizzy, thank you so much for the help!!

• Like 1

OK - so I placed the xenon.elf and my renamed nandflash.bin on my USB and XELL still gets stuck looking for files. 

Here are a couple of screen shots from XELL:

https://www.anony.ws/image/J8wl

** link removed **

I do not recall it getting stuck in a loop before I did the HV patch thing, but could be mistaken...

It ending with a loop that searches for files etc. is perfectly normal... the patch update only effects the kernel, not XeLL...

I would say the USB you're using isn't working with XeLL for whatever reason, do you have any others? you should see something like "found uda0:\"

Formatting HDD partition in the log when updating avatar and kinect data?

Say what?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Here it says.

Yeah, there's a partition for the Avatar data which is formatted prior to putting the new files on it, that happens always with both xebuild and when doing a normal install (from USB)

Yeah, there's a partition for the Avatar data which is formatted prior to putting the new files on it, that happens always with both xebuild and when doing a normal install (from USB)

An hidden partition then, understood. Worried for my not hidden normal internal HDD partition where i have all my things except games...

An hidden partition then, understood. Worried for my not hidden normal internal HDD partition where i have all my things except games...

Nothing to worry about :) it's perfectly safe to do ^^

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hey. I have a corona 4G freeboot glitch 2 when I open the name it says unable to determine dump size I checked a thread at homebrew which you said was fine . The problem is with the dashboard version it says costume when I type a dashboard version it says required dash files not found.

You dont have to tap your Dashboard version number in the Custom Kernel Version Window. You have to select your desired Kernel Version, in the Kernel Version Tap (2.0.17502.0 is Default in XeBuild 2.098), on the left side in XeBuild GUI.

savefhx26.png

But mine just shows costume it doesn't show any dashboard versions.I have xebuild GUI v2.094

Download the latest version from these forums and it'll be there...

Sent from my SM-G903F

its ok i fixed it  . but when i dump the nand and do the update with xebuild and copy the udpflash into the usb and i write udpflash to nand it says that the udpflash is smaller than the flash and the xbox shuts down .