RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

It means that you cannot run a retail nand on your console because someone tamperd with it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I don't know about retail nand.But does it mean I can't remove my Jtag?

I don't know about retail nand.But does it mean I can't remove my Jtag?

Exactly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I can't thank you enough for doing this.  This was beyond easy.  In fact, it was so easy I thought I did something wrong because it hardly took any time to complete.  The next thing I am going to do after I complete this post is look for a Donate area to thank you.  I am always affraid to try anything with the system because my kids will kill me if I mess it up.  They were just given the new Lego The Hobbit game and were not able to play it because of the version we were on.  After the update, the game played as expected and live as I know it is good in the house.  Awesome job with this.

Help please... Trying to upgrade from 14699 to 16537. I followed this guide but after running the "xebuild update -f 16537" command I get the error "*****ERROR: console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!"

I tried to update the console patches by running the "xebuild.exe client -p" command which is supposed to fix the above issue but I now get this error message:

"connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 0)

Updating patches in auto mode: 14699\bin\patches_g2Trinity.bin

***** ERROR: could not load 14699\bin\patches_g2Trinity.bin, aborting

disconnecting from server...OK

---------------------------------------------------------------

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

press <enter> to quit..."

Anyone know how I can get this to work? Please advise... :)

Help please... Trying to upgrade from 14699 to 16537. I followed this guide but after running the "xebuild update -f 16537" command I get the error "*****ERROR: console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!"

I tried to update the console patches by running the "xebuild.exe client -p" command which is supposed to fix the above issue but I now get this error message:

"connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 0)

Updating patches in auto mode: 14699\bin\patches_g2Trinity.bin

***** ERROR: could not load 14699\bin\patches_g2Trinity.bin, aborting

disconnecting from server...OK

press <enter> to quit..."

Anyone know how I can get this to work? Please advise... :)

Run the latest dashlaunch installer and update the patches that way and it should work nicely for ya ;)

I'm usin DashLaunch 3.10 but I do not see an option to update the HV patches. Can you please clarify how this is accomplished? Thanks.

I'm usin DashLaunch 3.10 but I do not see an option to update the HV patches. Can you please clarify how this is accomplished? Thanks.

When you run the installer it should ask you to update dashlaunch, and while you're doing that it should also check the patches... if they're outdated it should ask you if you want to update them aswell...

When you run the installer it should ask you to update dashlaunch, and while you're doing that it should also check the patches... if they're outdated it should ask you if you want to update them aswell...

Hi Swizzy, I did the update and selected yes to the update after it recognized my DashLaunch was outdated. I still get the same error messages trying to upgrade to 16537.  

From the DashLaunch 3.12 release notes "14717 is the first glitch2 version supported (embedded patches)" 

Since my XBOX is 14699 and I have the Trinity Glitch 2 mod setup on my XBOX slim, how am I to update the HV patches? This is why the error message  "***** ERROR: could not load 14699\bin\patches_g2Trinity.bin, aborting" appears when I use the "xebuild.exe client -p" command...

The supplied common files.zip does not have patches_g2Trinity.bin in the 14699 folder. I do not believe I can just copy it from the 14717 folder based on the _glitch2.ini files contents... 

Is there anything else I'm missing?

What you could do is copy the Trinity patches (or rename it) to the name it's looking for, because... for trinity the RGH 1 and RGH 2 patches are identical

I forgot about what you read in the readme, or rather... didn't think about it...

What you could do is copy the Trinity patches (or rename it) to the name it's looking for, because... for trinity the RGH 1 and RGH 2 patches are identical

I forgot about what you read in the readme, or rather... didn't think about it...

I looked at the Trinity patches for RGH1 and RGH2 and there were a few bytes difference so I did not copy them over. I have it working now, but I used the manual method with NAND Flasher 360 and xeBuild_GUI_2.092... Strange thing is that Nand Flasher 360 recognized my Trinity mod as a RGH1 instead... DashLaunch shows it as RGH2. I don't know which is the truth...

In any case, it is working now and I'm happy. Thank you so much for your quick responses. It really does help people like me who are kind of unsure of what they are doing (I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous to myself)... lol... :)

I looked at the Trinity patches for RGH1 and RGH2 and there were a few bytes difference so I did not copy them over. I have it working now, but I used the manual method with NAND Flasher 360 and xeBuild_GUI_2.092... Strange thing is that Nand Flasher 360 recognized my Trinity mod as a RGH1 instead... DashLaunch shows it as RGH2. I don't know which is the truth...

In any case, it is working now and I'm happy. Thank you so much for your quick responses. It really does help people like me who are kind of unsure of what they are doing (I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous to myself)... lol... :)

Trinity is a complicated thing, they're both RGH1 and RGH2 at the same time, RGH2 == Split CB consoles (and trinity has this since day1, but it was also hacked already at RGH1, making it fit both the profiles)

Guest Vlad  Shantsevoy

sorry i don't understand , where i should extract $System Update ? And what if console gives me an error ?

sorry i don't understand , where i should extract $System Update ? And what if console gives me an error ?

$SystemUpdate goes into the 16747 folder (or whatever version you downloaded for)

If you are getting errors you need to ask here and give us details about what error you had, just saying "i had an error" or something like that won't help, there are countless possible errors and we are not about to guess which one you encountered...

Guest Vlad  Shantsevoy

$SystemUpdate goes into the 16747 folder (or whatever version you downloaded for)

If you are getting errors you need to ask here and give us details about what error you had, just saying "i had an error" or something like that won't help, there are countless possible errors and we are not about to guess which one you encountered...

G:\xebuild update -f 16547

--------------------------------------------------------------------

xeBuild v1.11.647

--- { Update Mode } ---

started , watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at ( there is my ip adress)

connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 <peek version 2>

**** could not read cba_9188.bin <-1> ****

*******ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

----------------------------------------------------------------------

press <enter> to quit...

G:\xebuild update -f 16547

xeBuild v1.11.647

--- { Update Mode } ---

started , watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at ( there is my ip adress)

connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 <peek version 2>

**** could not read cba_9188.bin <-1> ****

*******ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

press <enter> to quit...

You need more data then just the system update, read the guide once more, download ALL files required... OR grab xeBuild GUI and put the $SystemUpdate folder there instead, then you'll have all the files where they need to be...

My computer doesnt manage to find my console newwork what do I do?

does xebuild updayes it with bluetooth on wifi internet?

You need to verify 2 things:

1. Your firewall must NOT block xeBuild, if it's blocking xeBuild from accessing your network, well obviously it won't work...

2. Both the console and your computer have to be in the same local network... if they're not, it won't work...

Hi guys, I did the tutorial, it finished, my xbox turned off and now I have no picture on screen. HELP!?

*edit* I should have mentioned that I turned it on and now I have no picture on screen. Lights are on but no one is home so to speak.

Don't report my post and ask a question...

To answer your question; you go to the original dashboard, set it up for wireless and type in your password for the network once asked for it... just like any other Xbox 360 or other game console...

Hi guys, I did the tutorial, it finished, my xbox turned off and now I have no picture on screen. HELP!?

*edit* I should have mentioned that I turned it on and now I have no picture on screen. Lights are on but no one is home so to speak.

Is your chip lighting on/off? perhaps there was a significant change in the patches causing your console to be unable to glitch like it used to...

Does your console work with the Eject button? (this might help you fix it)

HELP!!!! i did everything in the OP, it said success in cmd prompt... it turned off after it turned back on it opened up with system error E71, contact xbox customer support in a bunch of languages... and the dot in the center of the power button is now red... please help me!!!!

edit:   if i remove the hard drive it powers up without any problem. if i put it back in, again it gives me the e71 error...

EDIT 2: 

OK, so keep in mind this is my first day with all these new things such as nand, xex, xell etc. etc. 

I can't remember where i got all the info, cause since i came upon this not so good situation, i've been ransacking the interweb. but to keep it short:

did a dash update from 3.08 to 3.10 and dashboard update from 16202 to 16537 with xebuild 1.08 using the OP. after it succeeded my xbox rebooted to E71 error and that was it. I could still enter XEX Reloaded and if i removed the HDD i could enter the standard dashboard. How to get your XBOX 360s to boot with your hdd again:

1) remove your HDD (so that you can boot up your xbox)

2) i made a DVD with xex menu (google it and it's easy fo find out how)

3) put dashlaunch 3.10 & freestyle dashboard 3 (in my case rev 755) on an usb drive

4) put DVD with XEX menu in the xbox 

5) press RB to go to the usb drive

6) navigate to dashlauch/installer/default.xex

7) update if required

8) in the current configuration tab, select paths and in the paths section go to default, hit A, navigate to the freestyle dashboard folder that contains the default.xex (in my case usb:/fsd3/default.xex)

9) hit RB, select the usb and hit X ( to save what you did until now on the usb and so that you may later boot your xbox with your HDD inside) and shut down your xbox

10) mount HDD back into your xbox

11)  boot up xbox (it will go into the freestyle dashboard on the USB drive)

12) in freestyle dashboard go to file manager and delete from the HDD the launch.ini file from the root of the hdd; now from the file manager open dashlaunch 3.10 and repeat steps 8 and 9, except that this time in the default path select the default.xex from fsd3 on your HDD. hit rb and this time save to the HDD and a new launch.ini will be generated on your HDD

13) you can now reboot your xbox without the usb drive in it et voila!!! Your XBOX 360 is again able to boot from the HDD, without that nasty E71 error and without the use of the usb drive or replacing your HDD or formating the existing one. 

This way you can save your files and savegames and games and profiles etc.

I've made this possible with post written by datastream on this forum and other posts from forums and a bit of wit, which gave me the idea of trying to boot fsd from usb so that it won't try to boot it from hdd. after that it all just came to me. Hope this helps others that have the unfortunate badluck that I had today. 

Cheers,

Sign4ture Buz.

Don't report my post and ask a question...

To answer your question; you go to the original dashboard, set it up for wireless and type in your password for the network once asked for it... just like any other Xbox 360 or other game console...

Is your chip lighting on/off? perhaps there was a significant change in the patches causing your console to be unable to glitch like it used to...

Does your console work with the Eject button? (this might help you fix it)

even after I disenabled the firewall and connected to the same local network that my computer is on with my xbox it does'nt manage to find it (and if that matters I use wifi to connect to my netwoek through my laptop)

even after I disenabled the firewall and connected to the same local network that my computer is on with my xbox it does'nt manage to find it (and if that matters I use wifi to connect to my netwoek through my laptop)

In most cases it doesn't matter if you use WLAN (wifi) or LAN (cable) but, some router configurations may have different networks for the wifi/lan... the best way is to hook your laptop to the router with a cable aswell...

And of course, you have to verify that your console is actually runing updserv (if it's not, then there'll be nothing to find!)