RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

hey guys, ran into a little problem i cant figure it out. just a noob here...

i updated my kernel 15574 to 16767. this worked (my boot is fsd) so that booted up. When i wanted to update the avatar and went to the general xbox dash to settings, i got the E71 error. I could correct this to reinstalling the old nand from 15574. What did i do wrong? and what can i do to update to the latest kernel and have everything working?

thanks for hopfully some usefull awnsers/comments.

16767 is NOT officially supported by the XeBuild team. You are using a build that someone else hacked together and most likely without properly testing it.  Updatae to 16747 with the official release and you will be fine.

Hey guys. I have a problem... When I write down the xebuild update -f 16537, it says FATAL UPDATE ERROR: failed to find xbox beacon. What could I've been doing wrong..?

Maybe iI put all the files in some wrong direction on my XBOX..? 

I put it in Hdd1:\

$TitleUpdate

is it ok..?

Because I can run the DashLaunch, but after enabling UpdServ, nothing happens :( Please help the new guy... Thank you in advance!

Dosnt Work For Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damm!

its cant found my console,,,

Your console is in the same network? you don't have a firewall blocking xebuild? you have updserv running on your console? Have you tried setting the IP manually? (check a few posts down from first one for more info)

Hey guys. I have a problem... When I write down the xebuild update -f 16537, it says FATAL UPDATE ERROR: failed to find xbox beacon. What could I've been doing wrong..?

Maybe iI put all the files in some wrong direction on my XBOX..? 

I put it in Hdd1:\

$TitleUpdate

is it ok..?

Because I can run the DashLaunch, but after enabling UpdServ, nothing happens :( Please help the new guy... Thank you in advance!

Your console is in the same network? you don't have a firewall blocking xebuild? Have you tried setting the IP manually? (check a few posts down from first one for more info)

It doesn't matter where you run the Dashlaunch installer from, as long as you leave it running...

hi, after update, all my previous internal hard disk on xbox 360 games and all settings will be gone? or still remain?sorry for the question.

hi, after update, all my previous internal hard disk on xbox 360 games and all settings will be gone? or still remain?sorry for the question.

Everything should under normal circumstances be the same as before, as long as you dump your nand and use that as source rather then just building a new nand from scratch, otherwise it'll forget about your settings... Following the instructions in this thread (first post) will cause xeBuild to dump your nand before it rebuilds, so it should absolutely keep your settings

Everything should under normal circumstances be the same as before, as long as you dump your nand and use that as source rather then just building a new nand from scratch, otherwise it'll forget about your settings... Following the instructions in this thread (first post) will cause xeBuild to dump your nand before it rebuilds, so it should absolutely keep your settings

oh thx.

Hi

What does this tutorial update? The kernel and avatars etc?

Does it officially support update 16767 yet?

:blushing:

It only updates your kernel, 16767 isn't officially supported yet... you'll see it in the news section when it does...

Dude, I love you! I did try many tutorials, youtube tutos, nand flash, etc...

Now I got it with you tutorial and program, very thanks!

I'll donate to your team, cause YOU NEED incentive to keep go ahead !

• Like 2

How would I go about updating my console to 16747 using this method? What changes must be made? Thanks in advance.

Download latest xeBuild and the su file for 16747, replace the numbers, voila!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lm just refreshing up as the last time l did my nand ld downloaded a very useful file (which took me all day to find :/ but pretty much did everything automatically) but anywho l get the general premise of this tutorial.

basically l downloaded this: http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/81690-tutupdate-your-rgh-jtag-to-dash-16547-in-1-2-minutes-no-flash-drive-or-file-transfers-needed/  (l believe)

it basically had pretty much everything set automatically to go and l just ran a *.bat file which ran the commands. however should l need to update my nand again is there any way it can be done automatically with a trusted program that will actually run? l think l did try jrunner but back when l tried it, it was complaining about my system being 64bit. suffice to say l just want to be careful as lm still not comfortable updating my nand and was hoping there was something that could make it simpler by allowing me to do it without getting overly technical as to be quite honest l have no clue how to sort out the files especially seeing as it would be useful to know how to both install avatars and the dash at the same time.

how to connect my xbox 360 to my computer?

Connect your console to your network and just connect?

lm just refreshing up as the last time l did my nand ld downloaded a very useful file (which took me all day to find :/ but pretty much did everything automatically) but anywho l get the general premise of this tutorial.

basically l downloaded this: http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/81690-tutupdate-your-rgh-jtag-to-dash-16547-in-1-2-minutes-no-flash-drive-or-file-transfers-needed/  (l believe)

it basically had pretty much everything set automatically to go and l just ran a *.bat file which ran the commands. however should l need to update my nand again is there any way it can be done automatically with a trusted program that will actually run? l think l did try jrunner but back when l tried it, it was complaining about my system being 64bit. suffice to say l just want to be careful as lm still not comfortable updating my nand and was hoping there was something that could make it simpler by allowing me to do it without getting overly technical as to be quite honest l have no clue how to sort out the files especially seeing as it would be useful to know how to both install avatars and the dash at the same time.

The same .bat file will work also for new versions, just open it in notepad and change the numbers from 16547 to whatever new version you wanna use... you'll of course have to download xeBuild 1.13 (or newer) and the system update file(s), the easiest way is to just do xeBuild GUI and use that folder :)

lve downloaded the latest version, is there an up to date simple tutorial on how to use it? and create the relevant files, because the one l linked to doesnt include information on sorting avatars etc.

lve downloaded the latest version, is there an up to date simple tutorial on how to use it? and create the relevant files, because the one l linked to doesnt include information on sorting avatars etc.

Http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com explains the manual steps, well... mostly manual, and it includes how to install the avatar support aswell...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

the one thing that confuses me about the tutorial is that it mentions nothing about using the download dash version files or does that just happen automatically? the same with the 1bkey thing or is that something l dont need to touch?

tbh, considering lve only just got the xbox working again l dont want to mess anything up, and should l mess up l'll definitely loose the xbox :/ after all lm no modder lol.

the one thing that confuses me about the tutorial is that it mentions nothing about using the download dash version files or does that just happen automatically? the same with the 1bkey thing or is that something l dont need to touch?

tbh, considering lve only just got the xbox working again l dont want to mess anything up, and should l mess up l'll definitely loose the xbox :/ after all lm no modder lol.

If you download the latest version, it'll include all the files needed already (for the version it was made for), however... if you want to build a older/newer version then it was made for, you'll use those functions to download the missing data... if i was to include everything for every dashboard it'd be a huge package as each update is ~ 11MB, and there's 19 versions in there right now, the data would be ~ 200MB you wouldn't use normally... kinda pointless aint it? ;)

1BL key is hardcoded (default value of the textbox) to the correct one, you have the option to change it, but it's not really going to work with any other key afaik... maybe future hardware revisions requires a different one, i don't know...

well l guess l'll just play it by ear, tho tbh my last dash update was around march going by the date on the files l have backed up on system, so l may leave it until l find a game that doesnt work until l update my dash, tho l will likely need to do my avatars, weill wait on getting the new controller to do that as currently my current wired one doesnt stay connected due to a break in the cable.

l got bored and decided to try flashing my nand, and l think lve managed it without any trouble including installing the avatars :) usinf XeBuild FSD reports my dash is version 2.0.16767.0 now (previous according to FDS was 2.0.16547.0). lm assuming that when l new dash comes out l just go over to microsoft download the dash file then pop it into the files folder on xeBuild then follow the readme instructions again? or does the person who makes the program just update xebuild every time with the relevant updates meaning it would be easier just to download xeBuild again?

l got bored and decided to try flashing my nand, and l think lve managed it without any trouble including installing the avatars :) usinf XeBuild FSD reports my dash is version 2.0.16767.0 now (previous according to FDS was 2.0.16547.0). lm assuming that when l new dash comes out l just go over to microsoft download the dash file then pop it into the files folder on xeBuild then follow the readme instructions again? or does the person who makes the program just update xebuild every time with the relevant updates meaning it would be easier just to download xeBuild again?

You have to download a new xeBuild version for each update, unless of course you want to go back to retail...

another interesting bit of info, many thanks for clearing that up Swizzy and thanks for making the program as well ^_^ after actually doing it (albeit slowly making sure l didnt mess things up) it was easier than expected).