RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

JPizzzle will you marry me? LOL :baby:It works like a charm! Even a retard monkey can do this!Thanks a million!

He's already married i believe =)A Retarted monkey might still fail to do this... just because he/she/it can xD

He's already married i believe =)A Retarted monkey might still fail to do this... just because he/she/it can xD

I am already married.. to a retarded monkey :p

JPizzle will you marry me! :blushing:

This is the easiest tut EVER!!!!

You ROCK!

From now on i will ALWAYS UPDATE!

Thanks JPizzle!

GREAT GREAT WORK! :thumbup:

JPizzle RULEZ!!!

Mega THX for this tutorial. dash 16547 easily updated and working!!!

I never seen so easy and safe update on XBOX360 before

Here's a nice guide to backup your current NAND before shit hits the fan:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/227-simple-360-nand-flasher-v12-by-swizzy-corona-4gb-nand-dump-and-write-support-added/

I downloaded it and transfered into Hdd1 (root) via ftp -> then launched FSD3.

Simple nand flasher was in homebrew folder.. after running dump nand (backup nand) files where in the /Hdd1/Simple 360 NAND Flasher/ folder.

I'm going to apply this update to Xbox Slim 250Gb (valhalla?) Rgh 2.0

Current setup: Dashlauch 3.05 / Dashverion 3.0b / Kernel Version 2.0.16202.0

(ps. Thief does not lauch with these) ^

** Merged post **

I'll get back to you when confronting errors and how to fix them :S

Edited by Swizzy
Merged posts

Here's a nice guide to backup your current NAND before shit hits the fan:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/227-simple-360-nand-flasher-v12-by-swizzy-corona-4gb-nand-dump-and-write-support-added/

I downloaded it and transfered into Hdd1 (root) via ftp -> then launched FSD3.

Simple nand flasher was in homebrew folder.. after running dump nand (backup nand) files where in the /Hdd1/Simple 360 NAND Flasher/ folder.

I'm going to apply this update to Xbox Slim 250Gb (valhalla?) Rgh 2.0

Current setup: Dashlauch 3.05 / Dashverion 3.0b / Kernel Version 2.0.16202.0

(ps. Thief does not lauch with these) ^

** Merged post **

I'll get back to you when confronting errors and how to fix them :S

Valhalla was just a working name, there are currently a total of 8 different models of slim, 3 major, the rest minor... for xeBuild there's only 3 types: corona, corona4g and trinity

Valhalla was just a working name, there are currently a total of 8 different models of slim, 3 major, the rest minor... for xeBuild there's only 3 types: corona, corona4g and trinity

True that! My mistake.. this was my first update ever and it went well! \o/

Update went just fine after a little hustle with copying files to right common location in xebuild1.1 folder..

I did the update with xebuild 1.1 And got the 16547 files from xebuild2902 gui pack, i just wanted to do it via command line :)

i didnt have avatar files in the common or 16547 folder so i just downloaded them from:

http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb (these are 16547 avatar update files)

I placed that $systemupdate folder to both location 16547 and common, not sure where they need to be after NAND update..

There was no need for upper/lower case sensitivity on $systemupdate folder as i read earlier from this topic..

Then just open command window and run:

xebuild client -e 16547\ -noenter

(remember to have dashlaunch 3.11 running in xbox with updserv -option enabled).

Pretty much you can do it with this guide:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/

Hope this helps someone else..

There's allways this strange feeling when flashing something for the first time sober :D

** Merged post **

Allso i read that you should have file-extensions enabled in windows 7 when running the update via command line Or xebuild doesnt find those .bin files ?

Edited by Swizzy
Merged posts

True that! My mistake.. this was my first update ever and it went well! \o/

Update went just fine after a little hustle with copying files to right common location in xebuild1.1 folder..

I did the update with xebuild 1.1 And got the 16547 files from xebuild2902 gui pack, i just wanted to do it via command line :)

i didnt have avatar files in the common or 16547 folder so i just downloaded them from:

http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb (these are 16547 avatar update files)

I placed that $systemupdate folder to both location 16547 and common, not sure where they need to be after NAND update..

There was no need for upper/lower case sensitivity on $systemupdate folder as i read earlier from this topic..

Then just open command window and run:

xebuild client -e 16547\ -noenter

(remember to have dashlaunch 3.11 running in xbox with updserv -option enabled).

Pretty much you can do it with this guide:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/

Hope this helps someone else..

There's allways this strange feeling when flashing something for the first time sober :D

** Merged post **

Allso i read that you should have file-extensions enabled in windows 7 when running the update via command line Or xebuild doesnt find those .bin files ?

they should be in the 16547 folder (or whatever version the avatar files are for) i don't recommend using the ones from Microsoft's own website as they can be changed at any time with no warning (even without changing the numbers)

Windows don't give a f*ck about case, so yeah... that makes sense that it doesn't matter...

"file-extensions enabled"? what do you mean by that? xebuild can see the files no matter if you can or not... (i mean see the extension) if that's what you're talking about, it doesn't matter...

That's what im talking about.. [x] hide extensions for known file types -> disabled.

Just a thought, cause people had/ have alot of problems when flashing nand and getting the error message "boot files not found.."

I did read this tutorial +posts before doing any updates ;)

That's what im talking about.. [x] hide extensions for known file types -> disabled.

Just a thought, cause people had/ have alot of problems when flashing nand and getting the error message "boot files not found.."

I did read this tutorial +posts before doing any updates ;)

That's because most ppl don't realize that xebuild itself doesn't have all the bootloaders included... xeBuild GUI does however...

That option which you mentioned only have an effect on Explorer.exe... nothing else ;)

Guest golfgti5

Hello

do i have to connect my banned xbox360 with my network/router?

Is this tutorial including 16547?

Nice greetings from The Netherland

Hello

do i have to connect my banned xbox360 with my network/router?

Is this tutorial including 16547?

Nice greetings from The Netherland

Yes, but no internet is required... yes... if you get the latest version 16547 is also included...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks!!!

i never try it, is it easy?

Read the tutorial and tell me what you think :)

For me, it's easy... but then again, i know how to do it... i've done it for a very long time... well it might not be so easy for everyone else...

Hello all.

I want to update my console with the tut from the first post as i did last time and upgraded to 16537

So which file i add to update to 16547 and where to get it?

In 2 words where do i get the 16547.zip and simply add it also like the tut instructs??

Hello all.

I want to update my console with the tut from the first post as i did last time and upgraded to 16537

So which file i add to update to 16547 and where to get it?

In 2 words where do i get the 16547.zip and simply add it also like the tut instructs??

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2928-xebuild-111/ <--- here you'll find the latest xeBuild which contains the patches you need...

Or, you can grab the latest GUI and use that as-is; http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2936-xebuild-gui-2092-16547-kernel-support-added/

So i just add 16547 supdate from xebuild gui files and the common ones from first post and i'm ok right??

Well, the easiest way is to just grab the GUI, and instead of launching it enter the folder named "files" with your command prompt (cmd) and run it from there, all the files that are required are included there... the one exception would be that dashlaunch isn't where it needs to be in order to be included, that's because the GUI copies it when asked to...

dashlaunch is already and doesnt need change....

Whats the command to upadate though?

Also will it do it automatic or it will just make the update file and i have to insatll it to console through usb stick etc..??

dashlaunch is already and doesnt need change....

Whats the command to upadate though?

Also will it do it automatic or it will just make the update file and i have to insatll it to console through usb stick etc..??

Read the first post?

Thanks for all the tips here and great job on the tutorials, however i am kind of new to this and ran into an issue after updating to the newest dash 16547.

I have a RGH jasper with FSD, after updating to the new dash I boot straight into xbox gui and can't seem to find a way to boot or load FSD. Before updating it loaded straight to FSD when booting up. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, when I loaded the avatar updates and everything seems like it's working but i can't play any games due to FSD not loading nor do I see anyway to browse to my internal hdd that has FSD loaded.

Thanks

Thanks for all the tips here and great job on the tutorials, however i am kind of new to this and ran into an issue after updating to the newest dash 16547.

I have a RGH jasper with FSD, after updating to the new dash I boot straight into xbox gui and can't seem to find a way to boot or load FSD. Before updating it loaded straight to FSD when booting up. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, when I loaded the avatar updates and everything seems like it's working but i can't play any games due to FSD not loading nor do I see anyway to browse to my internal hdd that has FSD loaded.

Thanks

You probably didn't include dashlaunch while installing the new update, download the latest version of Dashlaunch and run the installer...

Thanks for the quick reply, I have downloaded the new dashlaunch but have no clue how to get the xbox to see it as I cant get to fsd filemanager? 

I believe I have resolved the issue, I loaded xexmenu 1.1 on to a formatted usb drive then installed it to the xbox, then copied new dashlaunch to usb and installed dashlaunch via xexmenu and saved. Changed paths to load FSD as default, rebooted xbox and FSD loads with all my settings and games!!

Woot, thanks pointing me in the right direction, as always great help here!!