RealModScene
lev

GODly and GODless Games

I will help maintain a list of games that do not work when put in Game on Demand format (GODless) and a list of games that require GOD format (GODly). Please let me know if you know others and I will add them to this list.

GODLESS

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

GODLY

Fable 2 GOTY

Dragon's Dogma

Deadly Premonition

• Like 2

I will help maintain a list of games that do not work when put in Game on Demand format (GODless) and a list of games that require GOD format (GODly). Please let me know if you know others and I will add them to this list.

GODLESS

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

GODLY

Fable 2 GOTY

Dragon's Dogma

Deadly Premonition

All games will work in GoD format.. it is the settings used when creating the GoD version that mess up games.. always use "None" for the padding removal option, and your games will always work.. now.. there are a handful of games that won't work as "extracted" (non-god) as some of the file names exceed the 42 character limit.. i know one of the HAWX games has it.. just dont know the others off hand

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting, do ISO2GOD & the new Aurora .6 rip script have that option (set padding removal to none)?  This answer seems slightly different from what Swizzy stated

Interesting, do ISO2GOD & the new Aurora .6 rip script have that option (set padding removal to none)? This answer seems slightly different from what Swizzy stated

Aurora's rip is the same as you installing the game in NXE then converting to GOD, except it doesn't install as NXE, it saves a GOD header...

There are a few games that i've heard of in the past don't work as GOD, however... i haven't actually played those games, and it could just be a general user error that caused those specific games to not work as GOD...

I don't use the GOD format myself, and can't remember the specific titles it was

Sent from my SM-G903F

Interesting, do ISO2GOD & the new Aurora .6 rip script have that option (set padding removal to none)?  This answer seems slightly different from what Swizzy stated

iso2god YES, 

either you can set the default settings, or you can manually change it when adding the iso.

here is a picture of the setting:

2ir7o7a.png

as for Aurora, if it goes as Swizzy said, and doesn't actually extract the game, then yes.. it'll work just as installing a game in a stock xb360 would, you just don't require a disc with Aurora's format.  

NOTE:

An "installed game" on RGH that hasn't been patched with NXE2GOD, still requires a disc afaik, don't have a disc or my 360 on hand to verify, so this is up for debate/correction. I know the ap2.5 has been removed, and you can run a game in extracted format on a standard data DVD.. so yeah.. 

Aurora's rip is the same as you installing the game in NXE then converting to GOD, except it doesn't install as NXE, it saves a GOD header...

There are a few games that i've heard of in the past don't work as GOD, however... i haven't actually played those games, and it could just be a general user error that caused those specific games to not work as GOD...

I don't use the GOD format myself, and can't remember the specific titles it was

Sent from my SM-G903F

i know deadpool with padding removed wont work.. and the times i've offered up the advice, on other forums, this has solved the user's issue with using a GoD converted game, as they had the padding removal option in iso2god set to partial or full.

and also, even certain Wii games have issues with the padding removed(also reffered to as scrubbed or cropped iso), so this isn't just a "360 issue" lol

• Like 2

I always use rebuild mode on iso2god. I have done over a thousand games and never personally found a game that would not work. I only heard of it here on the forums and then researched the issue here and found some related threads. So it sounds like every game works if done correctly.

I always use rebuild mode on iso2god. I have done over a thousand games and never personally found a game that would not work. I only heard of it here on the forums and then researched the issue here and found some related threads. So it sounds like every game works if done correctly.

The only purpose of using the padding option is to save you space.. in which case.. just use extracted version lol..

But MOST games dont have a problem with padding removed.. there are some that just wont do it..

Games work in nxe format without the disk it was a update in rebuild that patched quite some time ago, most people probally don't know this.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk

On 27/11/2016 at 6:54 PM, felida said:

there are a handful of games that won't work as "extracted" (non-god) as some of the file names exceed the 42 character limit..

You can add Remember Me as a game that doesn't work extracted, due to filenames longer than 42 chars.

Another game that seems to not work extracted but does as GoD is Batman Arkham Origins. I don't know why this is, as there aren't any filenames greater than 42 chars.

According to http://www.xpgamesaves.com/threads/tutorial-loading-batman-arkham-origins-with-fsd.88962/ this can be fixed by deleting default.xex and renaming sp.xex to default.xex, at least for FSD, which I am using. I haven't tried this myself, or tried in Aurora, but it works in GoD in FSD.

21 hours ago, pelago said:

Another game that seems to not work extracted but does as GoD is Batman Arkham Origins. I don't know why this is, as there aren't any filenames greater than 42 chars.

According to http://www.xpgamesaves.com/threads/tutorial-loading-batman-arkham-origins-with-fsd.88962/ this can be fixed by deleting default.xex and renaming sp.xex to default.xex, at least for FSD, which I am using. I haven't tried this myself, or tried in Aurora, but it works in GoD in FSD.

Probably because the default.xex is limited on the media dir(meaning game can only be launched from disc/god). there is a patch in xextool that removes this requirement.. which could be the issue.

9 hours ago, felida said:

Probably because the default.xex is limited on the media dir(meaning game can only be launched from disc/god). there is a patch in xextool that removes this requirement.. which could be the issue.

Thanks. I looked with xextool at default.xex and sp.xex and they both had media restricted to game disc only, so I don't think that's it. Presumably the game launcher or something overrides this anyway.

For info, the game also doesn't work extracted on Aurora, same as in FSD, but it does work in both if sp.xex is renamed to default.xex.

It would be nice to have a technical description of why it didn't work extracted out-of-the-box.

I am with swizzy on this, I dont use GOD format, unless I absolutely have to, as they take up more room on my hdd 90% of the time. To name a few games that required the GOD format..... GTAV content installer disc(Can be worked around by copying the content folder to HDD, then the installer isnt needed), Wolfenstein: TNO content installer disc(No content folder, Xbox content generated by installer), and NFS: Rivals. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2016 at 7:54 PM, felida said:

All games will work in GoD format.. it is the settings used when creating the GoD version that mess up games.. always use "None" for the padding removal option, and your games will always work.. now.. there are a handful of games that won't work as "extracted" (non-god) as some of the file names exceed the 42 character limit.. i know one of the HAWX games has it.. just dont know the others off hand

to be honest not all The Crew Does not work and also Need For Speed Shift did not work i have all games in god most of them are xbox live god others i made with a iso i got some do not work

On 8/6/2017 at 4:16 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

I am with swizzy on this, I dont use GOD format, unless I absolutely have to, as they take up more room on my hdd 90% of the time. To name a few games that required the GOD format..... GTAV content installer disc(Can be worked around by copying the content folder to HDD, then the installer isnt needed), Wolfenstein: TNO content installer disc(No content folder, Xbox content generated by installer), and NFS: Rivals. 

not true some games Like Final Fantasy XII and Blue dragon are smaller then instal 4 disc i have the xbox 360 Live god and that is smaller then god seperated it is 1 god and include all 4 disc in them