RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
LitrosNub

[Request/LiNK] Please do something about MW3 and other LiNK games hackers.

Hi!

I know this may not be really high on your list. Or heck. If it is even on your list. 

I know from a few posts that Modded Lobbies and Mods are to be in Private Rooms and marked as such. But I have seen multiple hackers (most of them in MW3, I don't know why but I really enjoy that game) in Public Rooms and are ruining the game. I understand that with this being a modded community anyone can fire up a mod and hack all they want. 

They just ruin my fun. Aimbot? Flying around the map in a Public Room? Why annoy regular RGH'd/JTAG'd users when you can really ruin someone's fun in a Stealth Server (I am not endorsing this in any way).

Can some mods maybe (If they so wish do, I am not demanding) monitor some LiNK games and check for hackers. Especially in MW3 and BLOPS2. Since the Report button got removed. There isn't really much to do than join another game. Which then their might be MORE hackers. 

Hope someone can do something about. If anyone reads this, thanks for reading.

• Like 3

New link online system coming sometime later so nothing will happen with the link that's here now,not sure what link v2 will bring however moderating a free online server depends on time available to do so,they have full time jobs & families to contend with.Your only option is to group non modders & password the room or if you can't beat em join em

• Like 1

New link online system coming sometime later so nothing will happen with the link that's here now,not sure what link v2 will bring however moderating a free online server depends on time available to do so,they have full time jobs & families to contend with.Your only option is to group non modders & password the room or if you can't beat em join em

Thing is that, although were not as big as PSN. PSN for PS3 was free and I hardly saw any hackers on there. I know that Link 2/NOVA is coming but no one knows when that is coming out. 

I understand about the families part. But how am I supposed to do the last part? Grouping non modders will be the biggest pain ever. Is there a party/grouping section to this form (we all come on a specific game at a specific time and play a game)

• Like 1

Thing is that, although were not as big as PSN. PSN for PS3 was free and I hardly saw any hackers on there. I know that Link 2/NOVA is coming but no one knows when that is coming out. 

I understand about the families part. But how am I supposed to do the last part? Grouping non modders will be the biggest pain ever. Is there a party/grouping section to this form (we all come on a specific game at a specific time and play a game)

You can't really compare PSN with LiNK tho, PSN was maintained by a HUGE company, thousands of employee's... we're a handful of ppl maintaining LiNK...

What you're saying about no Party/Grouping seciton on this forum is incorrect; http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/42-matchmaking/

You can't really compare PSN with LiNK tho, PSN was maintained by a HUGE company, thousands of employee's... we're a handful of ppl maintaining LiNK...

What you're saying about no Party/Grouping seciton on this forum is incorrect; http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/42-matchmaking/

Wow thanks! But that section seems dead empty. But I'll try to make something up.

from what i heard mods only work if you host your own room 

ohh hell no. there a ton of non host out there that work when joining anyone's game. lol if it works on xbl. it will more then likey work on LiNK. i cant seem to get GSC menus working tho but XBDM RPC XRPC JRPC JRPCv2 tools, old skool mod menus work np. you better do some more reading. i do a lot of testing to see what is out there and what i can do to combat them. good luck thinking like that.

we are using a room with password now and its a lot better. but still cheat protection would be amazing. at least for those few cod games that 95% of link players play. public rooms are unplayable because there is atleast 1 or 2 cheaters per room (1-2 who cheat soooo obvious and probably x people that can hide it really good).

but cheating is not the biggest problem on link. its the shit router settings that people have. they dont even bother to google a bit and atleast set bandwidth limiter. and than they complain that it is laging...

(sorry for being off topic but just want to say that system link is really stable latelly :thumbsup: . it is occasionally still throwing people out of rooms at weekends but its waaaaay better that it was so thanks a lot)

• Like 1

we are using a room with password now and its a lot better. but still cheat protection would be amazing. at least for those few cod games that 95% of link players play. public rooms are unplayable because there is atleast 1 or 2 cheaters per room (1-2 who cheat soooo obvious and probably x people that can hide it really good).

but cheating is not the biggest problem on link. its the shit router settings that people have. they dont even bother to google a bit and atleast set bandwidth limiter. and than they complain that it is laging...

(sorry for being off topic but just want to say that system link is really stable latelly :thumbsup: . it is occasionally still throwing people out of rooms at weekends but its waaaaay better that it was so thanks a lot)

where you live at usa or not. i have not been on LiNK in a few mouths. if its running good again. i my jump back on. 

where you live at usa or not. i have not been on LiNK in a few mouths. if its running good again. i my jump back on. 

i am from europe (slovenia) and yes the link works really great again, just at weekend it is disconnecting a bit. oh also rooms are not loading a lot, but when you do come in a room everything works. its really strange that it does disconnect at weekends, because there are not more people online than usual.

• Like 1

i am from europe (slovenia) and yes the link works really great again, just at weekend it is disconnecting a bit. oh also rooms are not loading a lot, but when you do come in a room everything works. its really strange that it does disconnect at weekends, because there are not more people online than usual.

good shit. mid usa here. cable internet 60 mbps down 6 mbps upload. i will for sure be getting back on LiNK. lol i have been doing 8 way modded lobby on system link offline with friends sent LiNK got messed up for a few mouths now. looking to go back on LiNK no cheats kinda sick of modded zombies lol. let me know if you need a good hostter for LiNK. thank you. you have a good day

• Like 1

We're looking into a vote kick system for Link V2 where if the majority of people vote to kick a user, then that user will be kicked.  

If the room is 51% cheaters and everyone is voting to keep cheaters, then the room will be for cheaters until such a time that the tables turn.

We'll outline it in more detail as we figure out the best way to incorporate this system.  

Feel free to post your ideas on the best way to regulate cheaters in public rooms that doesn't involve trying to detect trainers and cheats.   (Cheaters will just make new tools to get around that)

We're looking into a vote kick system for Link V2 where if the majority of people vote to kick a user, then that user will be kicked.  

If the room is 51% cheaters and everyone is voting to keep cheaters, then the room will be for cheaters until such a time that the tables turn.

We'll outline it in more detail as we figure out the best way to incorporate this system.  

Feel free to post your ideas on the best way to regulate cheaters in public rooms that doesn't involve trying to detect trainers and cheats.   (Cheaters will just make new tools to get around that)

i like it. i have a ideal to go with the voting system. can it be a 30 mins ban not just kick them, when the cheater can just rejoin the room again. i use ESTE content trainers to kick cheater but the fuckers just keep coming back and most the time i was kicking non cheaters as well. 

I think the room owner should also be able to kick instantly certain people, either way, both options can be misused.

To make best, you just have to try different things, and see the results, whats best.

• Like 1

I think the room owner should also be able to kick instantly certain people, either way, both options can be misused.

To make best, you just have to try different things, and see the results, whats best.

i agree. room owner 30 mins ban or kick should be on that list too

That is for Private rooms tho, public rooms don't have a owner... (they're public!)

how will this work since a room has max 32 players but for example bo2 has 18max people in a party. lets say that 17 vote for someone being a cheater, this will be less than the required 51% to kick him. as far as i know nova is not able to determine how many and which people are in which party, it can only see which people are in which room.

also i do not like how most people are so soft on cheater, i mean 30min kick is a laugh. it should be 3+ days in my oppinion. everyone knows that cheating is not allowed and if you brake the rules you should be punished.

and a nother thing is that those who cheat really obviously are a problem only in public rooms. in my oppinion those who cheat really good and you are not sure if they are cheating are a bigger problem. because u dont want to label someone as a cheater if you are not 100% sure and this brings a lot of disstrust among the best players. and also loads of time ur being blamed as cheater or known as a cheater and kicked out of rooms if you play really good.

voting system that will require a lot of people will not be used in my oppinion, but voting system that requires less people will be missused a lot so i do not see a point in implementing it. also if the cheater will be banned for only 30min its hardly worth it. also if i am correct if you do get banned you can just sign inn with a different profile and your good to go.

but again as i stated before cheating is not the biggest problem. i think that the router settings or even a bad router are causing most trouble on system link. because multiple devices are connected to the home network and are updating randomly and also other familly members downloading or watching youtube and hogging the connection. for example for some people you need 2-3x more bullets to kill him. so even if such a person is not using cheats he actually has 2-3x more health which is a huuuuuuge advantage. other weird thing that happens when u play against people with bad router settings is they can kill you atleast 2x faster. you shoot at them and then you watch the killcam and it shoows you didnt even shoot and they kill you. the worst part is that the cnnection bars on cod show only some aspects of the connection quality and someone with 2 bars can sometimes be easyer to kill than someone on 3 bars. or not.

i waaaaaay rather play against someone with no recoil, than against someone with weird connection....

i do know that there is nothing we can do to fix this issue, but atleast give us the option to block wifi users in private rooms. idk if aurora can see if you are on wifi or not, but if it can please make an option when creating a room you can check a box that says block wifi user from entering. most of people on wifi are on wifi because they enjoj having an advantage.

The voting system is currently planned to be based on the number of votes.... not the number of players in the room.  We don't have a way of knowing who is hosting what games in each public room, so we're playing with the idea of the following:

If you initiate a vote kick on a player then other players have the opportunity to cast a vote to either kick or keep.   If say 6 people out of the 32 vote to kick and 4 people vote to keep, then it will be 6 out of 10 to kick.  We're setting the percentage to 66% to become a successful kick.  in the 6 out of 10 instance the cheater would not be kicked.   

We're looking at making the vote kick be a 1hr kick from the room and the person who initiate the kick won't be able to do another one for an equal amount of time.  

Again this applies only to public rooms,- private or user rooms will not have a vote kick option.  Also- I know some of you think it wont do much to help the issue, but think about it-  would you like it as it is now where you can't do anything?  Or, would you like a vote kick option?

Lastly, lets leave the lag connection out of this conversation- this will be about solutions on how to deal with cheaters without trying to detect trainers.    If you dont like the lag, then i recommend creating a room with trusted people.

Keep the ideas flowing!

The voting system is currently planned to be based on the number of votes.... not the number of players in the room.  We don't have a way of knowing who is hosting what games in each public room, so we're playing with the idea of the following:

If you initiate a vote kick on a player then other players have the opportunity to cast a vote to either kick or keep.   If say 6 people out of the 32 vote to kick and 4 people vote to keep, then it will be 6 out of 10 to kick.  We're setting the percentage to 66% to become a successful kick.  in the 6 out of 10 instance the cheater would not be kicked.   

We're looking at making the vote kick be a 1hr kick from the room and the person who initiate the kick won't be able to do another one for an equal amount of time.  

Again this applies only to public rooms,- private or user rooms will not have a vote kick option.  Also- I know some of you think it wont do much to help the issue, but think about it-  would you like it as it is now where you can't do anything?  Or, would you like a vote kick option?

Lastly, lets leave the lag connection out of this conversation- this will be about solutions on how to deal with cheaters without trying to detect trainers.    If you dont like the lag, then i recommend creating a room with trusted people.

Keep the ideas flowing!

oh i see this makes sense.

but when i make a request to kick someone will it be displayed as a pop up to others or will it be displayed as a notification?

because if it is displayed as a pop up in the middle of the game i can see it being missused a lot to annoy people. but if it will be displayed as a notification i dont think that people will bother to go under rooms/people/keep, which means if i make a request to kick, people will have lets say 3 or 5 min to respond and 2 of my friends press kick as well because we dont want to play with a guy and others dont bother to press keep because they dont care if that guy gets kicked that this system will not work.

there has to be a minimum participants rule, where atleast 5 or 6 people have to vote to kick AND also 66% of votes need to be for kicking that person.

i really love how you guys are trying so hard to make system link a better place, so i want to atleast help with ideas. :thumbup:

• Like 1

It will be a notification,  I might play with the holding guide button a longer time, (the one that brings up the shutdown menu) and have that show the kick response there if you're in a kick period to make it easier to get to.   

We agree with a minimum participants rule.   We were initially thinking 3 people, 1 would initiate the vote kick, the person being kicked is most likely going to vote to keep himself, so it would take 1 other person to complete the kick.   That's where our 66% number came from as you have  2 kick, 1 keep for 2 out of 3 votes.   

That said, raising the minimum higher would definitely make it harder for 2 or 3 people to just kick someone cause they don't like the person.

It will be a notification,  I might play with the holding guide button a longer time, (the one that brings up the shutdown menu) and have that show the kick response there if you're in a kick period to make it easier to get to.   

We agree with a minimum participants rule.   We were initially thinking 3 people, 1 would initiate the vote kick, the person being kicked is most likely going to vote to keep himself, so it would take 1 other person to complete the kick.   That's where our 66% number came from as you have  2 kick, 1 keep for 2 out of 3 votes.   

That said, raising the minimum higher would definitely make it harder for 2 or 3 people to just kick someone cause they don't like the person.

holding guide button is an excelent idea! :thumbup:

why is the person that is voted to get kicked get a vote?

in my oppinion the one that is voted to get kicked, shouldent get to vote and for someone to be kicked atleast 4 people have to vote to kick him AND the ratio has to be atleast 66%.

i play atleast 25h per week and i do think that 2 people to vote to kick someone will be missused sooooooo much. i think even 4 is low.

but i see another problem. lets say there is a room that counts 32 people. but in that room there are 4 partys, each with 8 players. than someone votes to kick someone just because he doesnt like him or he is better or ........ and than everyone in the room gets the notification for voting. and than some random players from other party vote to kick just because they think it is funny. and i do know this will happen a lot.

its not that i care about this since i play in public rooms less than 2h a week, i just want to help make nova a better place.

and it all comes down to the fact that there is almost 0 punishment for cheaters. if the ban would be 3days, and if they get you one more time than you would get 7 days i think that people would cheat way less in public rooms.

No matter what system we implement it's possible for it to be abused, the only thing that'd be "safe" is to have moderators, even that wouldn't be feasible, we're trying to make something that'll allow you guys to manage things on your own a little bit more... There'll always be a way to abuse whatever system we put in there, but we're trying to make it so that you can't be a single person messing with everyone...

instead of making a kick system, maybe we could make "trusted person" where there would be a list of all link players that have played in last 7 days (so that it would not show people that dont play anymore) and you can vote for someone that you trust or give him minus points. and if a person reaches lets say 30 trust votes, he gets the abillity to kick in public rooms. i know atleast 10-20 people that have never missues leadership and kick only dirt bags. or we could do trusted person and vote to kick. than we could clean out all the obvious cheaters.

Or, we just have the Vote To Kick system and maybe implement a way to invite others to a private/user room instead?