RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xDRAGONxLuky

[NOVA] Make nova payable

you think you can take me on in bo2? :D 6 dragon members against u and ur 5 friends? cant wait for that :)

you obviously missed where i said i dont play on link like that?? lmao.. just offered to HOST it?? lmao..

now what you are trying to start is some "clan-warz" crap which i'm not in for..

you obviously missed where i said i dont play on link like that?? lmao.. just offered to HOST it?? lmao..

now what you are trying to start is some "clan-warz" crap which i'm not in for..

damn and i ws excited for a minute. oh well.. :D

and clan wars are a lot of fun.

damn and i ws excited for a minute. oh well.. :D

i'll gladly host a game or 2, and show you the "LACK OF LAG" to which you are complaining about lolz..

didn't say that i wouldn't.. but "clan-warz" is childish.. but we can play some.. :turned:

and clan wars are a lot of fun.

you can play with your friends vs me.. in a free-for-all.. so i know your clan isn't cheating.. hahahaha

got like 15 trainers running and shit hahaha

• Like 1

and i've told you.. what would be the purpose of a new server, when people won't play on it?? lol.. money wasted.. I have donated already.. have you?

not to mention i gave you a "legal" reason as to why it isn't a good idea to charge for it.. but alas.. YOU MISSED THAT TOO!!

you OBVIOUSLY missed that line of reply huh?

Here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5552-nova-make-nova-payable/#entry46418

i did not donate yet. but i would pay 5$ to play system link. and for legal reasons there may be a way around. we just have to think about it.

so if we get around legal reasons, the only bad thing is that u think most of the players wont pay.

but again. my question is what if the system link wont be able to handle all the people? we just shut it down? devs time wasted

you can play with your friends vs me.. in a free-for-all.. so i know your clan isn't cheating.. hahahaha

got like 15 trainers running and shit hahaha

you read all my coments so you know that i bitched a lot about cheating. we dont need to cheat :p

if u wanna join we will play for sure in 8h so 20.00 CET

i did not donate yet. but i would pay 5$ to play system link. and for legal reasons there may be a way around. we just have to think about it.

so if we get around legal reasons, the only bad thing is that u think most of the players wont pay.

but again. my question is what if the system link wont be able to handle all the people? we just shut it down? devs time wasted

no, there would be limits to who can join a room.. that simple.. the "REVAMP" is to stop from 33 people joining in.. not a new server.. lmao.. (well it could be a new server to start, but i don't think that's what the devs were stating)

the NOVA plugin is being written to fixed certain issues that exist in freestyle plugin and to add new features.. but seriously.. 1 game on "live" isn't even a MB.. there are threads out on the interwebs about it by people tethering their phones and worried about data rates.. texts are 1kb..

the issues are the XB themselves m8.. which causes shit to crash..

or back to what i've stated about someone trying to DDoS unity, because they were banned lol

you read all my coments so you know that i bitched a lot about cheating. we dont need to cheat :p

if u wanna join we will play for sure in 8h so 20.00 CET

that would be 3pm EST time if google is correct???.. i could join in for a game or 2 as i have college class @ 530pm EST, and regardless if you've bitched about it or not, doesn't mean you wouldn't cheat hahahaha

no, there would be limits to who can join a room.. that simple.. the "REVAMP" is to stop from 33 people joining in.. not a new server.. lmao.. (well it could be a new server to start, but i don't think that's what the devs were stating)

the NOVA plugin is being written to fixed certain issues that exist in freestyle plugin.. but seriously.. 1 game on "live" isn't even a MB.. there are threads out on the interwebs about it by people tethering their phones and worried about data rates.. texts are 1kb..

the issues are the XB themselves m8.. which causes shit to crash..

i agree. the 33 players in a room can be fixed since its a code problem. but people constantly refreshing because they are changing rooms watching which players are in the room and kicking (u have to refresh everytime u kick someone), this in my oppinion can not be fixed by code. it can maybe be optimized but this induces load to server which causes system link to become ver unresponsive. and if even more people join it will only get worse

No dev's time would be wasted. When JQE said he almost shut it down twice this year already, he said he does it cause it's fun. Try to remember, these are games, they are meant to be fun. If it get's so serious that the people supporting it don't have fun anymore, then you can worry about it shutting down. Ensure their fun, donate and do whatever you can to support this thing you have such a passion for.

• Like 2

that would be 3pm EST time if google is correct???.. i could join in for a game or 2 as i have college class @ 530pm EST, and regardless if you've bitched about it or not, doesn't mean you wouldn't cheat hahahaha

thats true... but then again i would not know if you are cheating or not :D

(its 12:30 here now)

i agree. the 33 players in a room can be fixed since its a code problem. but people constantly refreshing because they are changing rooms watching which players are in the room and kicking (u have to refresh everytime u kick someone), this in my oppinion can not be fixed by code. it can maybe be optimized but this induces load to server which causes system link to become ver unresponsive. and if even more people join it will only get worse

it would be your XB there m8.. not unity itself.. as the XB is OLD as shit lol.. the processor and stuff is WAY out dated.. and only 512MB of ram.. cell phones these days have 4x that now.. and constantly going higher

thats true... but then again i would not know if you are cheating or not :D

i'm not horrible at bops lol.. but i dont cheat.. plus you could always tell by watching kill cams ;-) 

but that's why i stated free-for-all, as MOST people cheating don't know how to make the cheats apply to ONLY themselves.. 

and you'd notice 7 people shooting at 1, and that 1 not dying lol

it would be your XB there m8.. not unity itself.. as the XB is OLD as shit lol.. the processor and stuff is WAY out dated.. and only 512MB of ram.. cell phones these days have 4x that now.. and constantly going higher

yes their server lags because of my xbox..

i agree the xbox is a bit outdated but still u can enjoy great games with friends.

i wonder what server is used for system link. it may be that the server is outdated since the devs hat to pay for it from their pocket so that we can play.

No dev's time would be wasted. When JQE said he almost shut it down twice this year already, he said he does it cause it's fun. Try to remember, these are games, they are meant to be fun. If it get's so serious that the people supporting it don't have fun anymore, then you can worry about it shutting down. Ensure their fun, donate and do whatever you can to support this thing you have such a passion for.

yeah especially when M$ is issuing cease and desist letters, Link would be down for good.. haha.. no fun in court cases..

i'm not horrible at bops lol.. but i dont cheat.. plus you could always tell by watching kill cams ;-) 

but that's why i stated free-for-all, as MOST people cheating don't know how to make the cheats apply to ONLY themselves.. 

and you'd notice 7 people shooting at 1, and that 1 not dying lol

we usually play snd but np we can go ffa. this will be interesting.

yes their server lags because of my xbox..

i agree the xbox is a bit outdated but still u can enjoy great games with friends.

i wonder what server is used for system link. it may be that the server is outdated since the devs hat to pay for it from their pocket so that we can play.

no, the info being loaded slow is because of your XB man.. you could reload the game(press guide->restart game) and there is no lag.. lol 

not unity servers.. only reason unity would be slow is because of someone trying to hack the server/updates to the servers..

edit: press guide -> home, reload game

yeah especially when M$ is issuing cease and desist letters, Link would be down for good.. haha.. no fun in court cases..

yes i am sure that microsoft would rage out if they would find out that realmodscene got 2000$ from the user that cant buy xbox one anyway :D :D :D

1h of the advocate would cost them 10x more than what they would be able to get from realmoscene :D

no, the info being loaded slow is because of your XB man.. you could reload the game(press guide->restart game) and there is no lag.. lol

not unity servers.. only reason unity would be slow is because of someone trying to hack the server/updates to the servers..

edit: press guide -> home, reload game

what? so when there are 300 people online and i boot up my console and the system link is sluggish i should restart the game? when the system link is slow it is slow for everyone. so its not my xbox since it is slow for people that are playing 5h and for me when i just booted.

and how come it is only slow when loads of people are playing?

i was not refering to the ingame lag. i was refering to the loading of system link. and the devs themselves said that when live goes down for 360 that they expect a lot more people to join. what will happen then? yea let the devs buy new server with their own money. that really is a solution..

and i play every day and i hear people complain when it lags (when system link is loading really long). but u know more about what people say, because u play 1x per week :D

and how did i come to 500 players? if there are 300 players at one time so ur saying that this is 100% of all link players? common there must be atleast 100 more that dont play at that time.

so the reason for this is to get better server. and the reason against it is 5$ is to much?

Let me give you a lesson on bandwidth.

Quick and simple really....

Your fastest connection speed will always be the slowest client on a peer to peer based game.

In other words, that cheap ass who only subscribes to 5mbit ADSL is the one to bitch at for your game lag, that or that one guy from some foreign country who lives 4000 miles away who decided to play a game with you because of the hopcount from your router to his and everyone else who is in the game INCLUDING the MPLS route that your ISP uses to connect to other ISP's in order to forward the packets that make it possible to play a game with someone over the internet.

If System LiNK relied on a centralized server (Like Xbox Live) then you would need something called an router with link aggregation and a few commercial lines to make it doable.

In other words, take the advice just given to you, create a private room with people who live closer and have a decent internet connection to you to lower your ping rate....

If you have loading lag for link you might want to check the port forwarding config on your router and possibly enable QoS (Quality of Service) on your router if it has this feature to dedicate x amount of Local network bandwidth to your console. Using a hardline over wireless can help also depending on the distance between your console and your router and how many walls are in the way and whether or not they are just drywall/sheetrock or lathe and plaster meshed with chicken wire.

• Like 4

None that I've seen. Except Judge Judy, I like to watch her rant.

+1 to that.. hahah

maury is better:

In other words, take the advice just given to you, create a private room with people who live closer and have a decent internet connection to you to increase your ping rate....

hence why i'm in a different country and offered to host a game to prove to him about the lag issue ;-)

• Like 1

what? so when there are 300 people online and i boot up my console and the system link is sluggish i should restart the game? when the system link is slow it is slow for everyone. so its not my xbox since it is slow for people that are playing 5h and for me when i just booted.

and how come it is only slow when loads of people are playing?

the only issue i've ever had with slow loading of it was because of simply put.. it isn't people on unity hahaha

XBL even is slow to load/sign in.. and they have SHITLOADS of servers for this.. compared to Link.. it's your XB/Connection.. NOT unity..

• Like 1

hence why i'm in a different country and offered to host a game to prove to him about the lag issue ;-)

I think the only way to improve the connection might be....   Multiple tunneling from the Unity server? I don't know the framework used for System LiNK so this is just an educated guess. The hop count would still be the same but the packets would at least be better encapsulated. You would have to have a dedicated static route to do this though.

the only issue i've ever had with slow loading of it was because of simply put.. it isn't people on unity hahaha

XBL even is slow to load/sign in.. and they have SHITLOADS of servers for this.. compared to Link.. it's your XB/Connection.. NOT unity..

how can it be my xbox and connection when there is a clear connection between the more players online, the slower the system link works?

I think the only way to improve the connection might be.... Multiple tunneling from the Unity server? I don't know the framework used for System LiNK so this is just an educated guess. The hop count would still be the same but the packets would at least be better encapsulated. You would have to have a dedicated static route to do this though.

you can change this or that, but simply put, the XB its self can only process a certain amount.. lol.. hence the bottleneck.. that's what MOST people are missing here.. aside from their own shitty connections..

how can it be my xbox and connection when there is a clear connection between the more players online, the slower the system link works?

and like i said.. the XB can only process a certain amount of shit dude.. EVEN ON XB LIVE it is slow to sign in/load.. sheesh

and they have the $$ and servers for it.. STILL SLOW!!

the xbox has to process what it gets and this is the slowdown you are seeing.. lol

like trying to flood an entire lake thru a pinhole.. shit just comes through as it can allow..

you can change this or that, but simply put, the XB its self can only process a certain amount.. lol.. hence the bottleneck.. that's what MOST people are missing here.. aside from their own shitty connections..

Yes but consider this, hardline XB is 100mbit local connect, the bottle neck is your router because your XB will only go as fast as your ISP connection will allow regardless if you are using 100mbit or 1000mbit (Not sure if XB has gigabit ethernet or not) Wireless is even slower as the fastest is wireless AC and that is 1gbit to 500mbit depending on how many other wireless devices in your home are connected.

Same principle as connection speeds in the peer to peer game itself, but in this case you're competing with the devices on your own local area network.

I say check your port forwarding config, dedicate 100mbit to your XB from your router and use a hardline. This will at least remove one of your three bottlenecks.

• Like 2

and like i said.. the XB can only process a certain amount of shit dude.. EVEN ON XB LIVE it is slow to sign in/load.. sheesh

and they have the $$ and servers for it.. STILL SLOW!!

the xbox has to process what it gets and this is the slowdown you are seeing.. lol

yes because the cheap bastards didnt want to invest more in servers. its the same as the internet providers. they get a lot of customers even tho their hardware cant support them and than they cut everyones connection a bit because they are overloaded. in my oppinion the same is happening on xbl. 1 server can support x people for the system to be responsive. they just say screw you and put more than x people on a server so they can have more cash for themselves.