RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xDRAGONxLuky

[NOVA] Make nova payable

As has been said before next november (2016), xbox live for 360 will stop. so xbox live players will have the option to upgrade (which is not an option for loads of people, because its not cheap), or mod the console for few bucks and come to system link. if only 1000 people join (i think the number will be much higher, since there are loads of people on live), my question is how will the system link handle them all? when  there are 300 people playing on system link, it becomes sluggish and it chrashes sometimes. i am not complaining, since it is free and i am really thankfull that i can play. so what will happen if 800 people play at the same time?

my solution to this is that every player chips in for better experience. i think when nova comes out it should be payable.

NOW BEFORE YOU GUYS START THROWING STONES AT ME (as it was the case in my previous thread), PLEASE READ UNTIL THE END.

i saw atleast 300 people online on system link, which means there have to be atleast 500 system link players. and when xbox live goes down a lot more will join. so if you guys charge 5$ for 1 year of NOVA and if 400 people pay, that would be 2000$ in the year of 2016 year, and at the end of 2016 when xbox live goes down if only 1000 people will join, this means 7000$ in the year of 2017. and if black ops 3 for xbox 360 will be a great game the money collected in 2017 in my oppinion could be atleast double... 

with the money collected, developers could buy a waaaaaay better server and better internet connection. and because of all the extra power that the server would have, nova would load really fast and they would also be able to implement many other features (i know they are only few developers, but after nova is released, features can be added when one at the time). and in 2017 if the amounth collected would be a bit higher they would be able to keep some money, because they spent countless hours coding for free. 

there are some players that cant pay and to get new players we have to lure them to system link. so my idea is to make all 6 public rooms free forever, but you have to pay to create or join private rooms. this way new players will be able to test system link and if some players really cant pay, they still can play in public rooms.

with new servers there is also something that we would be able to do to, keep the number of players high. there could be an option (that is enabled by default, but can be desabled), that when, you launch a game and try to connect to system link, the system link would check if there is a title update, dlc or some other patch (like in advanced warfare) and it would say: "there is an update for the game. do you wanna update?" and if you press yes, it would download all those files (idk if this is possible, its just an idea, please dont throw stones at me :D ). because now a lot of people gave up on advanced warfare, because they did not know how to install the patches and also on black ops 2 there are a lot of players on title update 0. 

still not convinced that this is a great idea?

there are a lot of system link players that play A LOT and everyone is complaining when system link is loading long time or when you get disconnected (when 33 players are in a room) and when it doesnt work. you guys play countless hours on system link. and god damn 5$ A YEAR for all that you get from system link is really nothing compared to what you get. and also if some money is left from the fees collected atleast the developers could buy themselves a beer or coffe or do you think they dont deserve it?

all in all for 5$ PER YEAR, you could get a super fast system link, and a lot of new features which means better experience for everyone. 

5$ = 5 beers

5$ = 0,5l vodka

5$ = 2l wine

5$ = 1 YEAR OF SUPER FAST SYSTEM LINK

sorry vodka i think i will choose system link this time  :police:

• Like 4

I don't mind supporting Aurora, but i'm not going to pay for access to LiNK or Nova, but that's just me. I don't know how you get your numbers, seeing 300 people on Link so there must be 500 players. Even if that's true, it doesn't guarantee an influx of system link players, Most people that aren't in the scene already, are going to move on to next gen consoles, not go out and mod their old equipment to continue using it. But that's just my 2¢

I don't mind supporting Aurora, but i'm not going to pay for access to LiNK or Nova, but that's just me. I don't know how you get your numbers, seeing 300 people on Link so there must be 500 players. Even if that's true, it doesn't guarantee an influx of system link players, Most people that aren't in the scene already, are going to move on to next gen consoles, not go out and mod their old equipment to continue using it. But that's just my 2¢

yeah the influx of people isn't going to charge in like this guy thinks m8, ESPECIALLY since xb1 is bringing backwards compatibility into the game.. hahahaha.. let alone there is other alternatives to LiNK and making people pay for it would drop MOST users.. hahaha.. and deter them to use X-link Kai.. which is still available for FREE.. but yeah.. $5 for a year of people hacking left and right?? nah im good.. I have and will continue to donate to Aurora.. as i BARELY play on LiNK unless i'm playing with certain friends.. 

Now for the alternative reason why it won't happen.. because people would feel "entitled" to bitch about things because they paid $5.. and would drive the dev's nuts more than they do now.. haha but i HIGHLY doubt it will cost anything.. 

Edit: 

Even more funny how he says people are "bitching" as it is this guy alone.. maybe people are trolling him because he bitches so much?? lol

• Like 3

This topic reeks of entitled, but if anyone thinks it's a good idea, now's the time to chime in and be heard.

yeah, not to mention, that it wouldn't be "SUPER FAST" either.. as he was already told, that it is the HOST'S connection that causes lag/speed issues.. lmao and paying for it WOULD NOT INCREASE SPEED.. lol

what's with these people using caps? it isn't for yelling.. maybe to signify something stupid is said? lol

yeah, not to mention, that it wouldn't be "SUPER FAST" either.. as he was already told, that it is the HOST'S connection that causes lag/speed issues.. lmao and paying for it WOULD NOT INCREASE SPEED.. lol

what's with these people using caps? it isn't for yelling.. maybe to signify something stupid is said? lol

IDK, i'm not the etiquette police, lmao

IDK, i'm not the etiquette police, lmao

lmao 2nd thread tonight using CAPS for no reason.. hence what i said.. lmfao :evil:

NOW BEFORE YOU GUYS START THROWING STONES AT ME (as it was the case in my previous thread)

No one threw stones at you.. You just chose to NOT listen to the technical reasons as to why your idea would never be applied(which i said to you several times)..

UNTIL a dev said the same thing i did.. 

i was not refering to the ingame lag. i was refering to the loading of system link. and the devs themselves said that when live goes down for 360 that they expect a lot more people to join. what will happen then? yea let the devs buy new server with their own money. that really is a solution..

and i play every day and i hear people complain when it lags (when system link is loading really long). but u know more about what people say, because u play 1x per week :D

and how did i come to 500 players? if there are 300 players at one time so ur saying that this is 100% of all link players? common there must be atleast 100 more that dont play at that time.

so the reason for this is to get better server. and the reason against it is 5$ is to much?

• Like 1

i was not refering to the ingame lag. i was refering to the loading of system link. and the devs themselves said that when live goes down for 360 that they expect a lot more people to join. what will happen then? yea let the devs buy new server with their own money. that really is a solution..

and i play every day and i hear people complain when it lags (when system link is loading really long). but u know more about what people say, because u play 1x per week :D

and how did i come to 500 players? if there are 300 players at one time so ur saying that this is 100% of all link players? common there must be atleast 100 more that dont play at that time.

so the reason for this is to get better server. and the reason against it is 5$ is to much?

not at all, as i have donated to Team Phoenix.. and will continue to do so.. lol.. now let's talk about copyright infringement.. which is what M$ will claim because someone is making money off of their technology.. and you'd NEVER get another release/update.. and would NEVER get to play on link again.. 

Now as for the "Lag/33 people" comment.. i am going to re-iterate what JQE said to you... Create a PRIVATE room, and share the password with people you want to play with :thumbup:  

as Unity has no control over the lag once your game starts.. lol the lag is from the host.. and private room stops from 33 people joining in  :turned:

You post it, I quote it. I just asked how you came up with those numbers. You just answered... A guesstimate.

I think you should try hosting matches with less people man, Start a password match and control shit yourself instead of complaining it's overburdened. I played tonight and it was fun, why, cause there weren't too many people.

• Like 1

yeah the influx of people isn't going to charge in like this guy thinks m8, ESPECIALLY since xb1 is bringing backwards compatibility into the game.. hahahaha.. let alone there is other alternatives to LiNK and making people pay for it would drop MOST users.. hahaha.. and deter them to use X-link Kai.. which is still available for FREE.. but yeah.. $5 for a year of people hacking left and right?? nah im good.. I have and will continue to donate to Aurora.. as i BARELY play on LiNK unless i'm playing with certain friends..

Now for the alternative reason why it won't happen.. because people would feel "entitled" to bitch about things because they paid $5.. and would drive the dev's nuts more than they do now.. haha but i HIGHLY doubt it will cost anything..

Edit:

Even more funny how he says people are "bitching" as it is this guy alone.. maybe people are trolling him because he bitches so much?? lol

so when more people join when live goes down the system link will be overloaded and it will load really long time and people wont leave link?

and great that xb1 has backwards compability. but there are a lot of people that can not pay so much money. it seems that some wouldent even pay 5$ to play as u stated.

not at all, as i have donated to Team Phoenix.. and will continue to do so.. lol.. now let's talk about copyright infringement.. which is what M$ will claim because someone is making money off of their technology.. and you'd NEVER get another release/update.. and would NEVER get to play on link again..

Now as for the "Lag/33 people" comment.. i am going to re-iterate what JQE said to you... Create a PRIVATE room, and share the password with people you want to play with :thumbup:

as RMS/Unity have no control over once your game starts.. lol the lag is from the host.. and private room stops from 33 people joining in :turned:

common man i know that it has nothing to do with ingame lag. all i am saying is that system link is struggling to load rooms when 300 people are online. what will happen if even more join?

and again ur the pro for playing 1x per week. idk how it happenes but it does. when u play, everyone gets disconnected and when u load nova it sais 33 players are in the room, then 1 gets kicked and it works normal again.

i am refering to the loading of the rooms and not the gameplay.

You post it, I quote it. I just asked how you came up with those numbers. You just answered... A guesstimate.

I think you should try hosting matches with less people man, Start a password match and control shit yourself instead of complaining it's overburdened. I played tonight and it was fun, why, cause there weren't too may people.

..... like i said this thread is not about ingame lag. system link itself has troubles handling so many people and even more will join.

and yeah that was an estimation. and in my oppinion it was a fair one.

• Like 1

so when more people join when live goes down the system link will be overloaded and it will load really long time and people wont leave link?

and great that xb1 has backwards compability. but there are a lot of people that can not pay so much money. it seems that some wouldent even pay 5$ to play as u stated.

No one will come here JUST because live goes down.. lmao.. you seem to misunderstand that.. the PEAK of the 360 modding has really past a bit ago.. TX has stopped ALL production afaik, and the ~1000(give or take a few) players NOW.. only play certain games.. 

YOUR PROBLEM with lag/connection issues(33 ppl in a room) is ALL SOLVED by creating a private room with a password.. paying for "LiNK" doesn't change anything.. look at how many people just download TU's and such hosted on unity?? and dont play on link??

and very well the downtime of RMS/Unity is because of 1 out of 2 things, updates by staff, OR someone trying to hack in.. nothing to do with the players ON link actually.. unless ALL players hit the "refresh" button lol.. which is highly doubtful..

but seriously.. play on Xlink Kai.. oh wait you wont, because that takes some knowledge of setting it up instead of having it handed to you right??" :baby:

The only people that seem to bitch about lag is YOU and the people you play with.. out of the 500 people you stated, only 1 is complaining about it right? how about DONT PLAY with them? and see how much lag you have??

as i played with Quattro on Bops2.. NO lag, NO issues.. 

..... like i said this thread is not about ingame lag. system link itself has troubles handling so many people and even more will join.

I hope you don't think you're being attacked here, cause your not. it's just that you're just beating a dead horse. If it's so much of a problem then the people that can't stand it anymore can always fire up Xlink Kai. But remember, Nova is more than likely going to be optimized just like Aurora has been, and assuming it won't be able to handle the traffic is kind of silly. You don't know it's capabilities yet.

• Like 3

it's ok, your estimation is allowed, because there are more than just the 300 people playing on Bops2.. people downloading TU's and such.. cover art.. shit like that hence why i gave the estimation of ~1000 earlier.. 

No one will come here JUST because live goes down.. lmao.. you seem to misunderstand that.. the PEAK of the 360 modding has really past a bit ago.. TX has stopped ALL production afaik, and the ~1000(give or take a few) players NOW.. only play certain games..

YOUR PROBLEM with lag/connection issues(33 ppl in a room) is ALL SOLVED by creating a private room with a password.. paying for "LiNK" doesn't change anything.. look at how many people just download TU's and such hosted on unity?? and dont play on link??

and very well the downtime of RMS/Unity is because of 1 out of 2 things, updates by staff, OR someone trying to hack in.. nothing to do with the players ON link actually.. unless ALL players hit the "refresh" button lol.. which is highly doubtful..

but seriously.. play on Xlink Kai.. oh wait you wont, because that takes some knowledge of setting it up instead of having it handed to you right??" :baby:

this is a quote from moderator gavin_darkglider: Link will be around long after xbox live on the 360, just look at Xlink Kai, and the original Xbox, and that is when it will really take off. you think there are a lot of people playing BO2 on their rgh, wait until there is no more live.

but again felida ur the pro.

I hope you don't think you're being attacked here, cause your not. it's just that you're just beating a dead horse. If it's so much of a problem then the people that can't stand it anymore can always fire up Xlink Kai. But remember, Nova is more than likely going to be optimized just like Aurora has been, and assuming it won't be able to handle the traffic is kind of silly. You don't know it's capabilities yet.

that is true. i dont know the capabilities of nova. if it will be able to handle all the people than i am happy. its all i wanted.

this was just a suggestion.

regarding the room with the password. i tryed to create a fb group so that we could share a password but it did not work out since most of the players just go to system link and play.

• Like 1

this is a quote from moderator gavin_darkglider:  Link will be around long after xbox live on the 360, just look at Xlink Kai, and the original Xbox, and that is when it will really take off. you think there are a lot of people playing BO2 on their rgh, wait until there is no more live.

but again felida ur the pro.

im not a pro.. lol.. far from.. i just give you the technical answers, that you don't like ;-) i WON'T pander to ANYONE lol.. unless i like you.. hahaha.. but i dont HATE you.. i find you quite amusing.. lol.. and honestly as JQE stated, he almost stopped it TWICE this year.. and gavin is my friend, but he has absolutely NO SAY in what JQE does m8 ;-) he was giving his expert opinion on the matter, is all

now back on topic.. do i feel there should be SOME advantages to donating? sure.. but not JUST to play on LiNK.. 

there is always XLink Kai.. and im pretty sure Gavin was talking about the ability to play syslink via a program.. not "NOVA" as that could very well never come to fruition either  :thumbup:

that is true. i dont know the capabilities of nova. if it will be able to handle all the people than i am happy. its all i wanted.

this was just a suggestion.

And suggestions are always welcome, just be careful not to keep on it too much, cause people will will start rolling their eyes when they see your username.

• Like 1

And suggestions are always welcome, just be careful not to keep on it too much, cause people will will start rolling their eyes when they see your username.

i noticed :D :D :D

when felida sees my name he starts to rage.

im not a pro.. lol.. far from.. i just give you the technical answers, that you don't like ;-) i WON'T pander to ANYONE lol.. unless i like you.. hahaha.. but i dont HATE you.. i find you quite amusing.. lol.. and honestly as JQE stated, he almost stopped it TWICE this year.. and gavin is my friend, but he has absolutely NO SAY in what JQE does m8 ;-) he was giving his expert opinion on the matter, is all

now back on topic.. do i feel there should be SOME advantages to donating? sure.. but not JUST to play on LiNK..

so i said i am concerned how system link will handle so many players (so the loading of rooms) and u say that the ingame lag is not caused by system link. thank you for sharing that but you did not anser my question at all...

Bah, he's a good guy, knows a lot about the scene, and always tries to help. He's just quicker than some to point out what he see's.

Bah, he's a good guy, knows a lot about the scene, and always tries to help. He's just quicker than some to point out what he see's.

i agree. it is true. felida always shares his oppinion and i do appreciate it.

• Like 2

i don't rage, i already said i find you amusing.. and all i have done was give you answers to REALLY why somethings will just not happen..

just because YOU dont like em.. doesn't mean i "rage" at you lol

by all means, you wanna play a game??

do you need help with something??

neither of which have you asked for??

i'm pretty sure if quattro isn't too tired, we can all play a game or 2 of bops2??

but it is more so, that, i can see outside of the box on topics..

and think of the reasons why it can/couldn't happen..

gavin stated that they are revamping the whole setup because of ancitipation of loads of new players. (thread nova the future of link, page 7)

so developers will spend a lot of their time revamping the whole system and what if the  hardware will be a hindrance (so the server wont be strong enough)?

ur anser is let the devs revamp the system and buy new server?

i read all ur replyes and u did not reply to my question at all... what will happen if the server wont be able to handle all the people? better to take action sooner than later.. and for god sake we are talking about 5$

i agree. it is true. felida always shares his oppinion and i do appreciate it.

even tho this seems like sarcasm.. how about you and i play a game on Bops2??

get your friends together, i'll host it.. and i'll password it so there wont be 33 people in it?? lol

gavin stated that they are revamping the whole setup because of ancitipation of loads of new players. (thread nova the future of link, page 7)

so developers will spend a lot of their time revamping the whole system and what if the hardware will be a hindrance (so the server wont be strong enough)?

ur anser is let the devs revamp the system and buy new server?

i read all ur replyes and u did not reply to my question at all... what will happen if the server wont be able to handle all the people? better to take action sooner than later.. and for god sake we are talking about 5$

and i've told you.. what would be the purpose of a new server, when people won't play on it?? lol.. money wasted.. I have donated already.. have you?

not to mention i gave you a "legal" reason as to why it isn't a good idea to charge for it.. but alas.. YOU MISSED THAT TOO!!

you OBVIOUSLY missed that line of reply huh?

Here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5552-nova-make-nova-payable/#entry46418

• Like 1

even tho this seems like sarcasm.. how about you and i play a game on Bops2??

get your friends together, i'll host it.. and i'll password it so there wont be 33 people in it?? lol

you think you can take me on in bo2? :D 6 dragon members against u and ur 5 friends? cant wait for that :)

and again we dont use password since its really hard to share it with people and we dont want to exclude players (only ones that lag or mod, everyone else is welcome to join)