RealModScene
Jimmy Dignard

Bad string on Aurora 0.6b

Hi, 

every first time I boot on aurora 0.6b, I get a message error ''bad string''. I check in the log file on the data folder of aurora and I have these error line :

{ "time" : "11:14:14.638", "thread" : "0xF9000000", "type" : "error", "filter" : "DllBase", "message" : "Failed to load game:\\Plugins\\NetDbgDll.xex" }
{ "time" : "11:14:14.640", "thread" : "0xF9000000", "type" : "warning", "filter" : "NetDbgDll", "message" : "Failed to load NetDbgDll" }

{ "time" : "{ "time" : "11:14:21.80611:14:21.824", "thread" : "", "thread" : "0xF90000500xF9000040", "type" : "", "type" : "normalerror", "filter" : "", "filter" : "ContentCallbackDllBase", "message" : "", "message" : "Content Manager added 108 items from the content cacheFailed to load game:\\Plugins\\CFEditDll.xex" }
" }

{ "time" : "11:14:21.855", "thread" : "0xF900004C", "type" : "error", "filter" : "DllBase", "message" : "Failed to load game:\\Plugins\\SmbDll.xex" }
{ "time" : "11:14:21.856", "thread" : "0xF9000044", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "SkinManager", "message" : "Adding Cache:  2 Levels, Path: memory:\/\/40200030,467C71#Game_Options_Synopsis.xur" }

{ "time" : "11:14:21.857", "thread" : "0xF900004C", "type" : "error", "filter" : "SMBServer", "message" : "Failed to load SmbDll" }

Anyone know how to fix these error ?

I use a translation..but I test with the original (english)..the error still occur. 

The bad string error only appear the first Time I open my 360..until I  completly shut it down and restart it.

Look.. im gonna jump out on a limb.. there is probably a minor error in 0.6 that is fixed in 0.7.. now.. from looking at these logs.. nothing is affected by it.. 

Now as someone said before i think.. its a translation problem..

Gonna go out on a limb here, since most of you guys have the locale set to your native locations.. versus the english default.. this is what the "bad-string" error is.. of course, this is extremely minor speculation as i haven't tested switching my locale (as im stuck with work and ff15 on xb1 alot).. but i am unable to reproduce this "bad string" error alot of people are having.. when i did try to recreate it.. 

Someone can try changing their local to english and see if the error happens again.. and prove/disprove my theory.. 

I've had a look and found that my local was already set to english. I also think Jimmy (from a few posts up) had done the same thing as i had, and still had errors. Swizzy said he'd look into my log files, but that was quite a while ago, and i've never heard back. Thats why i've added to this post to see if anyone else might have an idea of whats going on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Denver358 said:

I've had a look and found that my local was already set to english. I also think Jimmy (from a few posts up) had done the same thing as i had, and still had errors. Swizzy said he'd look into my log files, but that was quite a while ago, and i've never heard back. Thats why i've added to this post to see if anyone else might have an idea of whats going on.

I have looked into your logs.. and honestly nothing about bad string is in there.. or anyones logs.. so.. maybe its just a minor issue.. i honestly havent had it come up once.. from checking diff usb's (as this was 1 persons issue, came up with usb connected) to other stuff.. maybe its a slight programming error.. i do know the group is working on 0.7.. and fixing errors.. such as the rss feed bug.. but yeah.. just deal with the error as a minor glitch i guess.. as nothing is affected by this problem.. swizz and others say its a translation issue.. but yeah, it very well could be a bug with something that hasnt been implemented fully yet? Like code for a feature that isnt activated yet.. but i dont know lol.. 

Sounds good to me felida, it doesnt seem to effect anything, just pops up every now and again when turning on the console and the dash screen has just loaded. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was currupt or something was going wrong with the console or aurora. I guess i'll wait for the new aurora to come out and update and see what happens.

Thanks so much for your time and efforts, i can imagine minor stuff like this maybe annoying for you guys to answer, but i'd just like to be reassured that everything will be ok, so im happy for the time being, if you think its just a minor bug. cheers felida and swizzy for your inputs over the last few weeks, most apprieciated.

3 hours ago, Denver358 said:

Sounds good to me felida, it doesnt seem to effect anything, just pops up every now and again when turning on the console and the dash screen has just loaded. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was currupt or something was going wrong with the console or aurora. I guess i'll wait for the new aurora to come out and update and see what happens.

Thanks so much for your time and efforts, i can imagine minor stuff like this maybe annoying for you guys to answer, but i'd just like to be reassured that everything will be ok, so im happy for the time being, if you think its just a minor bug. cheers felida and swizzy for your inputs over the last few weeks, most apprieciated.

well.. im not "affiliated" with team phoenix.. i do not mind helping.. lol.. BUT.. being unable to re-create the issue.. is annoying.. haha.. cant help if i cant find it.. 

but yeah, as far as i know, it is a minor bug.. and as swizzy stipulated before, more than likely a translation issue, which is minor, but yeah also due to switching up formats and whatnot.. could be the issue, such as with the RSS feed bug atm.. lol.... i am pretty sure it will be sorted in 0.7..

• Like 1

I'm running 0.7b and i get this `-=#BAD STRING#=-` when i have exit a game or restart Aurora. First i was thinking of a translation error (i have to blame myself) but it doesen't matter if i'm running English or Swedish, i get the same bad string.

I believe english is build in the Aurora and don't have any localization file and the Swedish is not included in the 0.7 release. I'm the Swedish translator and have it uploaded here but it has nothing to do with the translations if i understand this correct?

Looks like this has to do with HD naming. I renamed my HD's through a Windows PC and got the error multiple times on first startup. Renamed them again through the xbox 360 system settings, storage options, also cleaned the cache and shut down the system. Now several days later the error is still gone.

When you add a name to the HDD in your Xbox 360 it will add a file called "name.txt" and if you open that file you should see the name of your hdd. I do have one USB drive connected and that drive have no "name.txt". I will do some testing some day :)

Please let us know. I am curious if it works for other people also. Or if I can expect the errors to return 🙂

Error returned.

I scanned my external drives with scandisk in Windows, no errors were found. Ejected the drives before unplugin the USB cables.

Started the 360 again no errors.

Plugged one of the drives into the PC, did some things. Next startup with that drive attached my 360 gave the error again.

Did the scandisk and neatly eject again and next startup the error was gone. But I seem to have to do this after every time I put data on the drives with my WIndows PC?

I have -=BAD STRING=- error everytime I turn on my Xbox on Aurora 0.7b so I remove Aurora and put a new one everytime and that makes me sick 😕

Is there any solution please?

IMG20181223211242.jpg

On 1/13/2019 at 3:41 AM, Sopor said:

@RedaMostaganem what language are you running, English? Maybe this is something for Mattie because this can't be a translation error, or?

I use English on Aurora and I still get this but my Xbox is in French and the dashlunch is french too

At starting, the Xbox freezes at the logo for about 30 seconds then comes this with a sound (like when a controller disconnects)

I was having this on Aurora 0.6b and still with 0.7b

Sometimes some files can't be removed from Aurora to put a fresh version after getting this error

10 hours ago, RedaMostaganem said:

I use English on Aurora and I still get this but my Xbox is in French and the dashlunch is french too

At starting, the Xbox freezes at the logo for about 30 seconds then comes this with a sound (like when a controller disconnects)

I was having this on Aurora 0.6b and still with 0.7b

Sometimes some files can't be removed from Aurora to put a fresh version after getting this error

What files??

And you can use xexmenu or something like that

Yeah, as felida explained you can't run Aurora when you are about to delete it. Install xexmenu and  run it from Aurota. Connect with FTP and delete Aurora and install a new fresh copy and reboot. Now the new Aurora should run.

13 hours ago, Sopor said:

Yeah, as felida explained you can't run Aurora when you are about to delete it. Install xexmenu and  run it from Aurota. Connect with FTP and delete Aurora and install a new fresh copy and reboot. Now the new Aurora should run.

There is no need for ftp.. nor any reason to reboot..

Xexmenu has filemanager built in,

Another copy of aurora will work as well.