RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Be4stElectrjc

[Aurora] Copy DVD

It is possible to have a feature like the one on freestyle. Yesterday i have done this manually. File Manager of Aurora, copy files from DVD Folder and paste to a new folder on my external hdd. It would be fantastic to have it.

• Like 1

Well, it won't be an "Extract ISO" feature, it'd be a copy disc feature... i'll rename your thread to match it... also, you missed the tagging ([Aurora])

Right now, this feature will not be available any time soon, but eventually maybe it'll be added... for now, the manual method works perfectly fine...

• Like 3

Well, it won't be an "Extract ISO" feature, it'd be a copy disc feature... i'll rename your thread to match it... also, you missed the tagging ([Aurora])

Right now, this feature will not be available any time soon, but eventually maybe it'll be added... for now, the manual method works perfectly fine...

Sorry for the tag because this it is my first "serious" thread, the others were questions. With aurora you can see the files in file manager, so basically as you say is a copy and paste function of files, but in freestyle when i wanted to play an original disc fast and do not ruin the disc, i used to exract it with that function on the external drive.

I almost forgot, content manager doesn't ask to skip or overwrite files when i upload them on aurora, maybe is the samba server. I hope to see it in a next future.

Good luck for your work on Aurora.  :)

That'd be a nice feature to have instead of doing it manually. :)

well this aint the XB1 where it automatically installs to the HDD either.. lol j.k but seriously manual isn't all that bad.. stops from someone else doing it and messing stuff up who uses the XB :turned:

I almost forgot, content manager doesn't ask to skip or overwrite files when i upload them on aurora, maybe is the samba server. I hope to see it in a next future.

Good luck for your work on Aurora. :)

that is a content manager thing, not aurora.. but it automatically overwrites everything.. so there isn't an issue there

and it is up to xamphear to update that app.. but seeing as he hasn't in such a long time, he might be out of the game..

that is a content manager thing, not aurora.. but it automatically overwrites everything.. so there isn't an issue there

and it is up to xamphear to update that app.. but seeing as he hasn't in such a long time, he might be out of the game..

I can't speak for him, but he's much more active on his thread at 36Oi$o. But even then he hasn't posted since April 10th. spkleader has already posted about the overwrite issue there, so I assume he's aware.

I can't speak for him, but he's much more active on his thread at 36Oi$o. But even then he hasn't posted since April 10th. spkleader has already posted about the overwrite issue there, so I assume he's aware.

yeah i just posted on there.. asking if he will update lol, he is a member here also.. 

and it isn't an issue, as it automatically overwrites.. so i don't see the harm in it.. 

• Like 1

yeah i just posted on there.. asking if he will update lol, he is a member here also.. 

and it isn't an issue, as it automatically overwrites.. so i don't see the harm in it.. 

Yeah, I mean if you're uploading something, you kind of want to overwrite anyway... so.

Xamphear has been a member here since 2012, just never posted  :blink:

I use Transmit (Mac) to do any FTP stuff. It let's me set favorites and all sorts of stuff you'd expect from a paid app. It works better for me because sometimes I want to merge a folder, and sometimes I want to overwrite.

edit: Again, I can't speak for him, but if I was going to update 360CM, i'd probably wait for Samba server in Aurora.

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean if you're uploading something, you kind of want to overwrite anyway... so.

Xamphear has been a member here since 2012, just never posted  :blink:

I use Transmit (Mac) to do any FTP stuff. It let's me set favorites and all sorts of stuff you'd expect from a paid app. It works better for me because sometimes I want to merge a folder, and sometimes I want to overwrite.

there is tons of FTP programs out there that will work(cuteFTP/filezilla/flashfxp), content manager just sends it to correct folder to make it easier.. lol.. instead of flip-flopping thru the hdd itself.. 

• Like 1

well this aint the XB1 where it automatically installs to the HDD either.. lol j.k but seriously manual isn't all that bad.. stops from someone else doing it and messing stuff up who uses the XB  :turned:

I dont mind doing it manually, just saying that it'd be a nice convenience to have for people who don't like to select all the files on a DVD volume before doing a file copy.

Well, since Aurora is still beta, I have faith that Team Phoenix will have most all the features people want (within reason) by the time final release comes around. Until then, there's the manual way. Then again there's always FSD, No one saying you can't run both dashes, I do.

• Like 2

I dont mind doing it manually, just saying that it'd be a nice convenience to have for people who don't like to select all the files on a DVD volume before doing a file copy.

im not saying you were/did.. sarcasm isn't conveyed properly on texts(xb1 comment) but yeah, maybe eventually it will be added.. and like quattro said, there is always FSD you could swap to just for that 1 option

im not saying you were/did.. sarcasm isn't conveyed properly on texts(xb1 comment) but yeah, maybe eventually it will be added.. and like quattro said, there is always FSD you could swap to just for that 1 option

I use it from time to time when I need to work on the aurora working directory. that is until recently when I put a second copy of aurora unconfigured for just that task. Honestly I don't really see a use for FSD anymore and I thank Swizzy for telling me to use it back when I made my very first post here. It works really well, and unconfigured its extremly light. :D I probably didnt see the sarcasm because I havent slept in around 26 hours. Matter of fact I need to hit the rack now that I got my business taken care of today. Dude I scored like 5 phats (4 of them work) and a ton of parted controllers, a guitar hero guitar, and a small hard drive for only 80 bucks! :D

• Like 3

I use it from time to time when I need to work on the aurora working directory. that is until recently when I put a second copy of aurora unconfigured for just that task. Honestly I don't really see a use for FSD anymore and I thank Swizzy for telling me to use it back when I made my very first post here. It works really well, and unconfigured its extremly light. :D I probably didnt see the sarcasm because I havent slept in around 26 hours. Matter of fact I need to hit the rack now that I got my business taken care of today. Dude I scored like 5 phats (4 of them work) and a ton of parted controllers, a guitar hero guitar, and a small hard drive for only 80 bucks! :D

congrats, get some rest  :turned:

It is possible to have a feature like the one on freestyle. Yesterday i have done this manually. File Manager of Aurora, copy files from DVD Folder and paste to a new folder on my external hdd. It would be fantastic to have it.

you do realize that you dont have to manually copy every file off the disk, you can select the disc at the root of the file manager, and copy it, then go to the folder you want to put the game in, and paste it. ;) then if you really want to save space, remove the $systemupdate folder.

If this feature is added to aurora, my request is that it will also give you the option to remove the original xbox games system updates, which wasnt available in FSD which had this feature.

• Like 3

If this feature is added to aurora, my request is that it will also give you the option to remove the original xbox games system updates, which wasnt available in FSD which had this feature.

I like that, good idea. Another would be to remove language packs that don't match system locale. That would make for some lean game folders, for extracts anyway

• Like 1

I like that, good idea. Another would be to remove language packs that don't match system locale. That would make for some lean game folders, for extracts anyway

Problem with that, is that some games will still look for the files, even if they arent being used, just to make sure the game is intact. :(

Problem with that, is that some games will still look for the files, even if they arent being used, just to make sure the game is intact. :(

Yeah, I've seen that before. I always drag the files to a temp folder just in case the game won't play. But I thought I'd mention it incase someone knew something I didnt. :)

Like gavin already mentioned, it's not a very good idea...

1. It's quite often games don't work without all files (or even have names that suggest they're for different locales but are really shared by other locales)

2. Game developers don't follow a single method of doing so, some might have different folders with the locale names, some might have files with different names that simply contain the locale name, some might even have full languages... all of this makes it insanely complicated...

Simply put, your suggestion will probably never see the light of day due to the complications it will most likely bring with it...

• Like 2