RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
malim

Ports Forwarded, Signed in to Unity, yet no LiNK connection

I see, but my router does have UPnP, I did enable it, uTorrent works, so did Acestream, it's only Aurora that's not connecting via UPnP, my current ISP shapes me so badly that during the day the speeds are a measly ~15KB/s! I wouldn't put it past them to block ports, I randomize my ports on uTorrent so perhaps that's one reason that it works via UPnP. But it doesn't matter now as LiNK's working through port forwarding, so thanks to everyone for all their help :thumbsu:

Utorrent does some stuff.. But the ports aren't actually open m8.. I can't open ports because of double nat issues.. And utorrent says its port is good.. When it isn't.. Do not trust utorrent for ports.. Use a free site like http://www.canyouseeme.org/

If all my system link has passed tests does that mean it's all OK

If all my system link has passed tests does that mean it's all OK

Pretty much yes, that means the server can connect to you...

But when i start a game like black ops then press the guide button then system link nothing happens

But when i start a game like black ops then press the guide button then system link nothing happens

Is it grayed out or? if that's the case, try deleting the Plugins\UserData folder

Hi everyone!

I need some help about this subject too. I've already read maaaaany forum pages but still have this problem.

I can easily join rooms at system link, but i can't see the created hosts or join games.

My ports (3071-3072) are forwarded.

My UPNP is active. My Unit user is connected.

Devlink is desabled. Pingpatch is enabled.

All TUs are in last version.

The games tested were: Borderlands 2, Blur, COD Black Ops 2, Diablo 3 Reaper.

My internet connection type is ASDL and my modem/router is Technicolor MediaAccess TG589vn v3.

Can anyone help me, please? I don't know what to do.

Hi everyone!

I need some help about this subject too. I've already read maaaaany forum pages but still have this problem.

I can easily join rooms at system link, but i can't see the created hosts or join games.

My ports (3071-3072) are forwarded.

My UPNP is active. My Unit user is connected.

Devlink is desabled. Pingpatch is enabled.

All TUs are in last version.

The games tested were: Borderlands 2, Blur, COD Black Ops 2, Diablo 3 Reaper.

My internet connection type is ASDL and my modem/router is Technicolor MediaAccess TG589vn v3.

Can anyone help me, please? I don't know what to do.

Instead of just making sure that TU's are latest version, you may want to check the Unity website to see what TU people are playing the game on. You can't connect if you're on a different TU I believe.

• Like 2

Instead of just making sure that TU's are latest version, you may want to check the Unity website to see what TU people are playing the game on. You can't connect if you're on a different TU I believe.

But i also have tried to play with my friends and we're all in the same TU.  :(

i dont use UPNP because someone can EASILY hack your stuff if they know what they are doing!!

Take it from some one that knows what they are doing, it doesnt actually make it easier. lol. Most people dont realize that the outgoing firewall rules are just as important as the incoming. While UPNP will set up port forwarding on the fly for apps that request it, most hacks use what is called reverse_tcp, which means the computer that is exploited runs code that reaches out to a server on the cloud, then downloads the payload(Meterpreter, etc..... Take your pick, there are tons out there). So essentially you only need to set up port forwarding on your end, as their end will reach out to you with out upnp, This same stuff applies to Link, which is why if you dont set up the ports, you can still play but not host. 

For those that dont know, I dumbed down some of the network stuff here so "regular" people can understand it. lol ;)

Use a free site like http://www.canyouseeme.org/

This only works if you have a service of some kind actually running on said ports. You can leave ports open(not suggested), and run nmap against the firewall, and have it not see them if there is nothing attached to them. ;)

Not trying to tell you that you are wrong, but this is what i do for a living.