RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
malim

Ports Forwarded, Signed in to Unity, yet no LiNK connection

Hello there

I'm having trouble connecting or rather I cannot connect to LiNK, though I know I'm doing it right, I followed these instructions:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3848-tuthow-to-setup-aurora-with-system-link/

My ports are forwarded and I also have UpNp enabled

I also setup a Static IP

did you check to see if the ports pass in Aurora??

if NOT.. you very well might be dealing with a double NAT issue.. which case forwarding ports on 1 router doesn't do jack squat..

http://portforward.com/help/router-detector.htm

did you check to see if the ports pass in Aurora??

if NOT.. you very well might be dealing with a double NAT issue.. which case forwarding ports on 1 router doesn't do jack squat..

http://portforward.com/help/router-detector.htm

I remember the first time, I pressed 'Verify' all passed except the UPnP one, now the last three always fail, what's a double NAT issue?

AND SERIOUSLY.. we should promote PortForward.com here.. as SOOO MANY of peoples problems could be solved, just by going there FIRST!!!

I remember the first time, I pressed 'Verify' all passed except the UPnP one, now the last three always fail, what's a double NAT issue?

follow that link!! and UPNP doesnt have to pass.. lol ESPECIALLY if you setup static IP.. i dont use UPNP because someone can EASILY hack your stuff if they know what they are doing!!

follow that link!! and UPNP doesnt have to pass.. lol ESPECIALLY if you setup static IP.. i dont use UPNP because someone can EASILY hack your stuff if they know what they are doing!!

Ya but, LiNK is still disabled, also when I forward the port I put the xbox's IP right?

Ya but, LiNK is still disabled, also when I forward the port I put the xbox's IP right?

yes.. but go to http://portforward.com/help/router-detector.htm and use that, as it will tell you if you are behind multiple routers.. and i can help you further.. UPnP is for when you dont have forwarding rules.. btw.. as that is what it does, pc/xb/w.e.. will send what ports to open to the router, and yadda yadda.. 

make sure you dont have 2 routers first m8

yes.. but go to http://portforward.com/help/router-detector.htm and use that, as it will tell you if you are behind multiple routers.. and i can help you further.. UPnP is for when you dont have forwarding rules.. btw.. as that is what it does, pc/xb/w.e.. will send what ports to open to the router, and yadda yadda.. 

make sure you dont have 2 routers first m8

Only one router showing up, UPnP is working as I just tested uTorrent with Albertino Port Mapper, I think the problem is when I forward to another IP it doesn't.

@bogdanval that doesn't matter, as long as UPnP is enabled or specific ports are forwaded

Only one router showing up, UPnP is working as I just tested uTorrent with Albertino Port Mapper, I think the problem is when I forward to another IP it doesn't.

@bogdanval that doesn't matter, as long as UPnP is enabled or specific ports are forwaded

ok.. malim.. can we teamview? send me a pm.. lol

@bog.. doesnt matter as long as you change them in Aurora/router.. mine are 8888/8089.. lol

try* using a higher number m8.. as ISP's do tend to block lower numbers also..

and utorrent ports i wouldnt trust at all.. lmfao

The last 3 aren't even related to the ports?

The last 3 aren't even related to the ports?

Hello Swizzy, what do you mean, UPnP; Data port and Broadcast port are last on the Verify list

Hello Swizzy, what do you mean, UPnP; Data port and Broadcast port are last on the Verify list

They're at the top in the default skin afaik...

They're at the top in the default skin afaik...

I'm talking about when you press start and then choose the data port, etc. Then press verify the last 3 always fail, though I can DL covers and connect to Unity

I'm talking about when you press start and then choose the data port, etc. Then press verify the last 3 always fail, though I can DL covers and connect to Unity

Can you take a picture of what exactly you see?

Ok, sorry... my memory failed me, maybe it was FSD that had it the other way around? anyways... i got the same result as you (almost, UPNP pass on mine as mine is active and working) so, it could be a server problem causing it to not work as expected... i rebooted my console after clearing the upnp tho, and it works now... try again?

Also try other ports, see if that makes a difference?

Ok, sorry... my memory failed me, maybe it was FSD that had it the other way around? anyways... i got the same result as you (almost, UPNP pass on mine as mine is active and working) so, it could be a server problem causing it to not work as expected... i rebooted my console after clearing the upnp tho, and it works now... try again?

Also try other ports, see if that makes a difference?

Now all passed except for the UPnP one after I set everything to Automatic under Xbox Dash -> Network Settings. But System Link is still greyed out, can I do something to skip UPnP and connect to Link?

Ok it's all right now, once again thank you so much Swizzy, I entered Gears of War judgment and I see link connected, one final question how do I move an XBLA/Kinect game to XBox 360 games?

Now all passed except for the UPnP one after I set everything to Automatic under Xbox Dash -> Network Settings. But System Link is still greyed out, can I do something to skip UPnP and connect to Link?

Ok it's all right now, once again thank you so much Swizzy, I entered Gears of War judgment and I see link connected, one final question how do I move an XBLA/Kinect game to XBox 360 games?

LiNK works without UPNP also, that test can be ignored if the ports pass, did you start a game before you checked System Link?

You need to edit the database to move games from XBLA/Kinect, but, Kinect is just an additional flag...

• Like 1

LiNK works without UPNP also, that test can be ignored if the ports pass, did you start a game before you checked System Link?

You need to edit the database to move games from XBLA/Kinect, but, Kinect is just an additional flag...

his problem is his ISP.. he got a VPN and works perfect now

The UPnP part still fails but I went into Borderlands 2 and it works now, I think my ISP's doing soemthing, I'm going to leave them and see if it changes.

So I can't move a game to a the Xbox 360 games section like in FSD or has the entire structure changed? It's just that games like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier have almost no Kinect capabilities( just a small part where you can assemble/disassemble a gun) and I'd hoped there was a way you could move it, n

UPnP is a technology the router either has or doesnt, as it is a software package on the router, the ISP doesnt matter here. It isnt important if the ports pass, and the only time I use it is when I am somewhere I cant configure the ports.

The UPnP part still fails but I went into Borderlands 2 and it works now, I think my ISP's doing soemthing, I'm going to leave them and see if it changes.

So I can't move a game to a the Xbox 360 games section like in FSD or has the entire structure changed? It's just that games like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier have almost no Kinect capabilities( just a small part where you can assemble/disassemble a gun) and I'd hoped there was a way you could move it, n

you would have to set the filter up.. when you do content scanning, but no there isn't an option(from what i can tell) to move a game into a different category, like in FSD you would press Y, go to move game, chose Emu/XBOX/Homebrew Ect... that is not an option in Aurora from what i can tell 

UPnP is a technology the router either has or doesnt, as it is a software package on the router, the ISP doesnt matter here. It isnt important if the ports pass, and the only time I use it is when I am somewhere I cant configure the ports.

I see, but my router does have UPnP, I did enable it, uTorrent works, so did Acestream, it's only Aurora that's not connecting via UPnP, my current ISP shapes me so badly that during the day the speeds are a measly ~15KB/s! I wouldn't put it past them to block ports, I randomize my ports on uTorrent so perhaps that's one reason that it works via UPnP. But it doesn't matter now as LiNK's working through port forwarding, so thanks to everyone for all their help :thumbsu: