RealModScene
VanZan

Applications or Homebrew?

Could someone please tell me the distinction between "Homebrew" and "Applications" with regard to adding paths? I thought they were both the same....would XBLA stuff qualify as "Applications"? Can't figure it out...thank you!

Its not required if that's what you want to know,aurora like fsd will auto decide if its xbla or a normal 360 game when you select a filter to look thru all xbla,the only selections i made was for homebrew (open source type software including open source games) & emu's,the rest is irrelevant was my attitude however if it's annoying you

Applications:- would be games under the old xbmc dash for the original xbox .(useless bit of info - under linux apps would be something else & games under their own heading web search for "linux applications" without quotes)

homebrew:- would be dashes,xex menu,dashlaunch,media players

Applications:- would be games under the old xbmc dash for the original xbox .(useless bit of info - under linux apps would be something else & games under their own heading web search for "linux applications" without quotes)

This is wrong. Let me clarify.

Applications: First off all of the applications for the 360 are homebrew. eg. Dashlaunch installer, xm360, nxe2god, etc. Applications are programs that are not games.

Homebrew: Any piece of code that was not developed by a company, excepting applications, and emulators(which are also homebrew, but have their own options). eg. done by people that have a passion for programming, and will probably never leave their moms basement. lol.(It was a joke laugh!) :)

Emulators: Any program that emulates different hardware.

Games, XBLA, and Original Xbox: If you cant figure these ones out you need more help then I can give you.

• Like 2

This is wrong. Let me clarify.

Applications: First off all of the applications for the 360 are homebrew. eg. Dashlaunch installer, xm360, nxe2god, etc. Applications are programs that are not games.

Homebrew: Any piece of code that was not developed by a company, excepting applications, and emulators(which are also homebrew, but have their own options). eg. done by people that have a passion for programming, and will probably never leave their moms basement. lol.(It was a joke laugh!) :)

Emulators: Any program that emulates different hardware.

Games, XBLA, and Original Xbox: If you cant figure these ones out you need more help then I can give you.

This is a good response.

The original intent from the developer's perspective.

Applications - Unsigned/Unofficial programs that behave like a utility or tool (ie,  NandFlasher 360, Freestyle Dash)

Emulators - Unsigned/unofficial programs that emulate other systems (ie, RetroArch )

Homebrew - Unsigned/unofficial programs that are games (ie, Super Mario Wars )

Mmm for my opinion "homebrew" is only the libxenon stuff. I love xex program and i love aurora and ds, but ,again without the free source for my personal opinion isnt "homebrew"

Mmm for my opinion "homebrew" is only the libxenon stuff. I love xex program and i love aurora and ds, but ,again without the free source for my personal opinion isnt "homebrew"

While libxenon stuff is also homebrew, homebrew is any code that is written independent of any company. So while stuff written with the XDK is technically illegal, it is still homebrew. I think you are thinking about open source, which can also be homebrew, but doesnt have to be. 

Applications are homebrew

Homebrew can also be Tools which was the origin of the whole thing before Aurora.

Dunno if Appending Applications was a "good" idea, for me i dont think we need more confusing :)

Applications are homebrew

Homebrew can also be Tools which was the origin of the whole thing before Aurora.

Dunno if Appending Applications was a "good" idea, for me i dont think we need more confusing :)

Applications is meant for tools while Homebrew is meant for homebrew games

I understood that, but that was never clear. And we barely have homebrew games but homebrew tools since fsd :p

Its what it is, it's still "homebrew" applications, we never needed "additional" Applications, if you want to be clear then just write homebrew "Games"

i can see it would destroy it and no one would touch that checkbox, but fu** logic