RealModScene
JPizzle

XMPlayer V0.0.4 : a new version of the libxenon media player

XMPlayer V0.0.4 : a new version of the libxenon media player
We are proud to announce the arrival of a new XMPlayer version now in version 0.0.4 with many bugfixes This video player is based on Mplayer (an Open Source Media Player), and after a long wait this new version bring Corona video support among a few other fixes…

Why using libxenon to make this? because even if SDK is more user friendly, with libxenon you can exploit the xbox 360 power with more efficiency (without all MS system’s cpu usage), as you have seen that with GliGli’s N64 emulator. Another cool point about developing on libxenon for a Media Player is the possibility to use NTFS Hard drive and so play files >4Gb which is impossible using the SDK (computer streaming don’t count). But remember, you can launch this application using dashlaunch with the ‘excecute’ feature.

You can follow the project on GitHub.

Here is the changelog:

Version 0.0.4:
- Fixed: Sometimes when mounting more than 1 USB device, it can crash, now it loads what it can
- Fixed: Overload buffer and memory leak leading to random crashes
- Fixed: Elf files not loading after a video has been played
- Fixed: Audio- and subdelay shows -0 ms
- Fixed: First time you enter osd menu when paused, it removes it again
- Fixed: Volume not changing in audio settings when paused
- Fixed: Mplayer crashes if .rar archive is not supported
- Fixed: Mplayer crashes if .rar archive is valid, but doesn’t not contain video
- Changed: Disabled balance in osd menu, it doesn’t work
- Changed: Libass disabled as default, beware libass makes xmplayer unstable
- Changed: Subfont from Arial to Dejavu Sans
- Changed: Removed Music and Photos menu for now, not supported
- Changed: « Restart » now restarts XMPlayer
- Added: Support for .rmvb files
- Added: New subtitle shader with selectable color and selectable outline color. Increased stability because libass is not needed
- Added: New Harddrive and DVD icons
- Added: XMplayer stops showing loading screen and shows underlying error message, if it indeed crashed
- Added: Restart to NXE in Global Setting in « Shutdown » option

What do you mean? What is your resolution? Resolution of XMPlayer's UI 1280x720, so if you are using 4:3 etc. it can seem a bit distorted but that is only the UI.

What do you mean? What is your resolution? Resolution of XMPlayer's UI 1280x720, so if you are using 4:3 etc. it can seem a bit distorted but that is only the UI.

Ok if it normal than ok

Thank you for the update

Hell yeah, THANK You. Finally I can stop having to pay attention to the codec used when I dl my tv shows. Never tried v3, v2 was broken for me. wouldn't load.

I didn't read the text, but it did crash the box, after I watched Dexter from usb, and attempted to browse the hd. It was loading from usb too.

Luvvin it big style; trawled the scrap box found a ex lappy hdd 160gb  formated ntfs banged the movies/tv shows on it plugged into console via EZ transfer and run the app off small 2gb pendrive

Huge thanks !! :thumbsup:

I got an issue with playing mkv/avi files from an external platium hard drive which is ntfs formatted.

When im trying to start/load a file and it begins to freeze. my box doenst react to anything besides a reboot.

I just uploaded a video for better understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHmfO8vcIvY

I hope you can reply to my problem.

edit:

btw

i tried both options "start from beginning" and "resume from 00:00".

i put xmplayer v.0.0.4 and dashlaunch 3.09 in separated folders on the root of my usb pen.

I got an issue with playing mkv/avi files from an external platium hard drive which is ntfs formatted.

When im trying to start/load a file and it begins to freeze. my box doenst react to anything besides a reboot.

I just uploaded a video for better understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHmfO8vcIvY

I hope you can reply to my problem.

edit:

btw

i tried both options "start from beginning" and "resume from 00:00".

i put xmplayer v.0.0.4 and dashlaunch 3.09 in separated folders on the root of my usb pen.

Could you supply some more details about the files you try to play? if you could it'd be great to also have a UART log

according to free60 link i dont have pc serial port on my lap and im totally a noob in soldering and stuff. is there a another way to make a log?

according to free60 link i dont have pc serial port on my lap and im totally a noob in soldering and stuff. is there a another way to make a log?

We should add that as default to the next build, telnet console and maybe logging to USB (or atleast logging to network somehow)

Maybe the original build was bad, hmm.. All I have done is add telnet

It's more likely to be a random error...

First Post!

Anyhow. DL'd and ran xmplayer from dashlaunch (newest). Starts up fine and I can navigate the UI perfectly. No freezing issues...until

I try to play a movie.  :huh:

Tried avi and mp4, from a usb and HDD. Tried running xenon.elf from usb and HDD. Same result in all situations.

As soon as I select a file it comes up "start from 00:00" or "play from beginning". select either option and the video freezes on the xbox (rgh btw), fans still going but no response and I have to turn off the system to reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.