RealModScene
Octal450

J-Runner with Extras (17559) - Built in Timings, Bugfixes, and New Features!

@Cerial_iQ

Corona is not working as usual. I will look for a solution for the next update.

In the mean time, you can write to Corona by FIRST connecting the programmer and console, THEN start J-Runner with Extras, with MTX Mode off, do Write Nand. This avoids the IO error.

We keep looking for solution.

Kind Regards,
Josh

36 minutes ago, hunters-fox said:

Good. when I open jrunner and load updflash, there is no checkbox on rgh3. That's what I'm worried about. Maybe I will have to choose something else, but I do not know what else. =\
I don't have a flasher if something goes wrong =(

i made the steps i wrote to you . there was no problem (look at power mode and power vcs control data)  :

@Octal450 :  the info about how to reset parental control its very usefull ;D 

Captura de pantalla (1).png

• Like 1

@Eruil

New update already, can you believe that?

V3.1.0c:
- Added: Ability to save Fuses.txt to Working Folder or Desktop
- Added: Support for Trinity BB (XDK)
- Added: Improved GUI
- Fixed: Various application back-end issues
- Fixed: Switching Console ID display mode causing an exception if no nand loaded
- Fixed: UI bug with bigffs
- Fixed: Bugs with CPU Key Database search function
- Fixed: IP Scanner left in invalid state after finding console
- Fixed: Various bugs and usability issues

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Octal450 said:

@Eruil

New update already, can you believe that?

V3.1.0c:
- Added: Ability to save Fuses.txt to Working Folder or Desktop
- Added: Support for Trinity BB (XDK)
- Added: Improved GUI
- Fixed: Various application back-end issues
- Fixed: Switching Console ID display mode causing an exception if no nand loaded
- Fixed: UI bug with bigffs
- Fixed: Bugs with CPU Key Database search function
- Fixed: IP Scanner left in invalid state after finding console

Kind Regards,
Josh

yup. ive already downloaded it . updserv its still v2 . i replaced it with updserv v3 xex file :D 

Captura de pantalla (4).png

3 minutes ago, Octal450 said:

@Eruil

You're right, oops. 

I will serve v3 next update.

Kind Regards,
Josh

if you want simple nand flasher 1.5 beta i got it too. :D 

Thank you so much for your help)) you guys are super! everything went well. now the tests. I'll unsubscribe in a week.

The first tests are all good, there are no more freezes. only one game hung up twice in the same place. maybe the problem is in the game or the usb hard drive. I'll change the hard drive to check.

the usb hard drive is working fine. but if I put the internal one, then in games "wipe the disk" and throws it into the native dash.
replacing the hard drive does nothing. what could have been?

Hello @Octal450

After some days I finally tried to write from corona using nandpro2e, but without success. This is the result...

MatrixC1.jpg.09b40ffc4493e1389a020e666ec1374f.jpg

But when replacing the version of nandpro with NandPro2b_Armv3, the write is done correctly...

MatrixC2.jpg.8f8b8fe45f83b9abb20ab1b90ef98cc0.jpg

For now I will continue using that version.

I'm also sorry to report that the latest version contains a bug trying to recognize 1MB (first 50 blocks) dumps of big block jasper. This is the bug...

1mb_fail.jpg.b274adb50d7a47abadeff5dd461abc74.jpg

With earlier versions of J-Runner this problem does not exist.

1mb.jpg.e3b1b5537728d38f8948e8d5f3a0f9b7.jpg

I know that dumps of this size are not common, but there are still users who read their nands by LPT. And to speed up the process, they read 1MB and then from xell they extract the rest of their nand.

I hope you can check these problems.

Thanks Josh

On 2/2/2022 at 12:06 AM, hunters-fox said:

Thank you so much for your help)) you guys are super! everything went well. now the tests. I'll unsubscribe in a week.

The first tests are all good, there are no more freezes. only one game hung up twice in the same place. maybe the problem is in the game or the usb hard drive. I'll change the hard drive to check.

the usb hard drive is working fine. but if I put the internal one, then in games "wipe the disk" and throws it into the native dash.
replacing the hard drive does nothing. what could have been?

hello everyone 😃
tell me what the "power VCS control" parameter is responsible for?
power mode 8080 helped, but only for external usb hdd. the internal hdd does not want to work. reboots, freezes. replacing the hdd does not help.

another question - what is ANNA Face Value responsible for? I got the information that it should be 01 or 03. I have the value 04

Please make your own thread, this thread is not for support of your console. Only J-Runner w Extras.

Kind Regards,

Josh

good. a question about your program. tell me where to read the tutorial on /nand/smc config editorc with a description of what the items mean and how they can be edited (possible parameters\possible after-effects). and then there is a program and I can't find any information (((((
thanks in advance 😃

2 hours ago, hunters-fox said:

good. a question about your program. tell me where to read the tutorial on /nand/smc config editorc with a description of what the items mean and how they can be edited (possible parameters\possible after-effects). and then there is a program and I can't find any information (((((
thanks in advance 😃

theres no tutorial about the side effects of being mising around with smc_editor and i doubt that anyone had written one before . you need to create one and try it by yourself . i helped once but as josh says "this is not a  support thread "  (if you have any  issues that are not related with BUGS in Jrunner ) . you have 2 options : look for it in google or write it / test it yourself  ;D .

greetings 

Latest version is now available:

V3.1.1:
- Added: Support for PicoFlasher by balika
- Added: Updserv v3
- Added: Ability to create RGH3 XDKbuild images
- Changed: NandPro version for Corona

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Thanks 2

Hello @Octal450

Thanks for the latest update. I hope that users who use MTX SPI NAND Flasher will no longer have problems. I'll stay here and try to help if there is any problem.

I was sent a Raspberry Pi Pico today, which means I now have a Picoflasher, but I'll still keep the MTX SPI NAND to help out where needed.

pico.jpg.c8f59d70d19beec3870d8f9a3c212502.jpg

Thank you Josh for your excellent work.

Hello.
ECC writing is now possible with MTX SPI NAND Flasher V1.0.
thank you.

Usage environment:
Windows10 64bit
J-Runner with Extras 3.1.1
MTX Flasher mode enabled

Tested console: Trinity 4gb and Corona v1

The Matrix Flasher driver was already installed and didn't need to be installed.
I had to install DLPORTIO.dll when using nandpro.

One point I was interested in.
After writing the ECC, the Load Source remains glitch.ecc and I need to manually change it to nanddump1.bin.

New release time! Last release brought major changes to devices, so naturally there were a few bugs to squash - mostly with the already implemented devices. Thanks for everyone who reported issues!

V3.1.2:
- Added: Support for PicoFlasher eMMC by balika
- Fixed: Donor Nand Creator invalid state issue
- Fixed: Progress bar bug
- Fixed: Some devices didn't reload nand into source after ECC write
- Fixed: JR-Programmer ISD programming bugs
- Fixed: Scheduling issues causing crashes on some systems
- Changed: Standardized device console messages
- Changed: Standardized device behavior in read/write

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Thanks 1

Hello @Octal450

Josh, With the new picoflash support it reads all the 512 mb of the jaspers big block nand.

it is like a full dump.

After you get the full dump you will get wrong header.

What should i do to read the first 64 mb of the nand ?

9 hours ago, mafia4 said:

Hello @Octal450

Josh, With the new picoflash support it reads all the 512 mb of the jaspers big block nand.

it is like a full dump.

After you get the full dump you will get wrong header.

What should i do to read the first 64 mb of the nand ?

Hello,

although I am not Octal450, I will try to help.

I have been using picoflasher for a few days, and I can say that you have to be careful when reading nands, because if the correct installation is not verified in the console, we will get corrupted readings. Verifying the installation is not really difficult, just follow these steps.

picoNew3.JPG.89448eb8acf66f7887c9d4ebb75c1826.JPG

Before trying to read the nand, press the button that is in box 1

a bad installation will show messages like the ones in box 2:

"Unrecognized Flash Config": Indicates that some connected nand is detected, but the system is not identified. Try to check the wiring.

"Console Not Found": Indicates that it does not detect anything connected to the picoflasher. Try connecting the power supply to the console first and then the picoflasher to the computer. or the picoflasher to the computer and then the power supply. and if this does not work check the wiring.

"Corona 4GB (EMMC not connected)": similar to "Unrecognized Flash Config" but in Corona 4GB

As seen in box 2, the wrong detection of the console will generate corrupt readings.

But if pressing the button in box 1 correctly detects the console, the type of console detected will be displayed. like Box 3, these are:

"Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon"
"Jasper 16MB, Trinity"
"Jasper 256MB"
"Jasper 512MB"
"Corona 16MB"
"Corona 4GB"

When the verification is correct, the readings will also be correct.

Salu2

Cerial i.Q.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cerial_iQ said:

Hello,

although I am not Octal450, I will try to help.

I have been using picoflasher for a few days, and I can say that you have to be careful when reading nands, because if the correct installation is not verified in the console, we will get corrupted readings. Verifying the installation is not really difficult, just follow these steps.

picoNew3.JPG.89448eb8acf66f7887c9d4ebb75c1826.JPG

Before trying to read the nand, press the button that is in box 1

a bad installation will show messages like the ones in box 2:

"Unrecognized Flash Config": Indicates that some connected nand is detected, but the system is not identified. Try to check the wiring.

"Console Not Found": Indicates that it does not detect anything connected to the picoflasher. Try connecting the power supply to the console first and then the picoflasher to the computer. or the picoflasher to the computer and then the power supply. and if this does not work check the wiring.

"Corona 4GB (EMMC not connected)": similar to "Unrecognized Flash Config" but in Corona 4GB

As seen in box 2, the wrong detection of the console will generate corrupt readings.

But if pressing the button in box 1 correctly detects the console, the type of console detected will be displayed. like Box 3, these are:

"Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon"
"Jasper 16MB, Trinity"
"Jasper 256MB"
"Jasper 512MB"
"Corona 16MB"
"Corona 4GB"

When the verification is correct, the readings will also be correct.

Salu2

Cerial i.Q.

Thanks for the help.

But while im doing these steps it keeps dumping the full nand.

I want to use the picoflasher for its fast reading, in this situation its slower than the nand-x.