RealModScene
BaconGaming52

Run PC games on 360?

Then how does ConnectX work?

Oh and is there a pc emulator?

Connectx works just like any smb share connection.. ps2 was able to stream games off network.. because the program is coded within the systems architecture..

Now as for your question, the 360 is relatively weak in power compared to smartphones these days.. you want a powerful pc? Buy one.. they really arent expensive these days

• Like 2

I think that you can use DOS games (like Settlers 2) with the DOSBOX port for Xbox 360. But you have to tweak the config settings manually for each game.

• Like 2

Connectx works just like any smb share connection.. ps2 was able to stream games off network.. because the program is coded within the systems architecture..

Now as for your question, the 360 is relatively weak in power compared to smartphones these days.. you want a powerful pc? Buy one.. they really arent expensive these days

I thought if you play GTA V on a smartphone, your phone will burn within your hands

I thought if you play GTA V on a smartphone, your phone will burn within your hands

Well, todays phones have a faster processor and more ram then the 360...

On paper, a phone is superior to the 360, in reality it depends on the OS used and many other things... you could technically play GTA V on a phone today, but there isn't a port for it to the best of my knowledge...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Well, todays phones have a faster processor and more ram then the 360...

On paper, a phone is superior to the 360, in reality it depends on the OS used and many other things... you could technically play GTA V on a phone today, but there isn't a port for it to the best of my knowledge...

Sent from my SM-G903F

But still, it won't melt?

And if it doesn't, will it be very hot when you play it?

I think that you can use DOS games (like Settlers 2) with the DOSBOX port for Xbox 360. But you have to tweak the config settings manually for each game.

The trick to get around multiple configs is Norton Commander. You can set up menus for launching apps in it, then just launch dosbox, and choose the game you want from the list. ;)

Alright, so my PC (actually a laptop) is very weak. Is there a way to play a game on my laptop but using the Xbox 360's processor?

No you cant. But someone might be able to make a version of mac os for the 360 its rocking a ppc CPU so we might see that in the future and also wont it be possible to run games in linux like if you used the king kong exploit?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

No you cant. But someone might be able to make a version of mac os for the 360 its rocking a ppc CPU so we might see that in the future and also wont it be possible to run games in linux like if you used the king kong exploit?

The KK exploit basically ran Xell, so it has no bearing on a console that is already a JTAG/RGH console. As for a version of Mac OS it may be possible, but no one I know of cares to try it. You may be able to port a Mac emulator to the xbox fairly easily, using libxenon, as it will not have to do too much emulation on the CPU side. The GPU is a different story. Long story short, if the game runs in windows 95, then you could install windows 95 in dosbox and play it that way. Other than that the answer would be no, you can not play PC games on the xbox without a lot of work, that I am sure you are not wanting to do, or are not capable of doing.

Same could be said about Linux, which we already have... Mac OS stopped supporting the PPC machines a loooooong time ago (10.6 was last version to support it iirc) even so, it's BSD based, which is a linux port... with that said, Linux is far more popular to use/port then MAC OS... not to mention the fact that you have to emulate the SMC for a MAC to run on a Windows PC, this would also have to be done on the 360 to support that, and that isn't needed for Linux...

The KK exploit basically ran Xell, so it has no bearing on a console that is already a JTAG/RGH console. As for a version of Mac OS it may be possible, but no one I know of cares to try it. You may be able to port a Mac emulator to the xbox fairly easily, using libxenon, as it will not have to do too much emulation on the CPU side. The GPU is a different story. Long story short, if the game runs in windows 95, then you could install windows 95 in dosbox and play it that way. Other than that the answer would be no, you can not play PC games on the xbox without a lot of work, that I am sure you are not wanting to do, or are not capable of doing.

Hold up if the kk exploit ran xell cant you grab your cpu key or boot up some hacked dashboard?

Sent from my LGLS992

The King Kong exploit was only running on early Xbox 360s with 2.0.4532.0 & 2.0.4548.0 Dashboard and is absolutely outdated. 

• Like 1

Hold up if the kk exploit ran xell cant you grab your cpu key or boot up some hacked dashboard?

Sent from my LGLS992

Sure, if you can find a console with an old enough dashboard for it to work. Even then, you would have to jtag the console in the end, or rewrite the freeboot patches for that exploit. Not worth the time or effort.

Sure, if you can find a console with an old enough dashboard for it to work. Even then, you would have to jtag the console in the end, or rewrite the freeboot patches for that exploit. Not worth the time or effort.

True but it would be awsome for the first "No soldering rgh/jtag" hack

Sent from my LGLS992

You would still have to modify the drive to play the hacked version of the game, or hot swap the disk. It isnt worth the effort, considering there arent many consoles that could do it anyway.

• Like 1

True but it would be awsome for the first "No soldering rgh/jtag" hack

Sent from my LGLS992

Another way is to calculate the privatekey used to sign the system updates & bootloader... that'd be crazy cool to have... but... also very very difficult... (it takes YEARS to calculate the key)

Another way is to calculate the privatekey used to sign the system updates & bootloader... that'd be crazy cool to have... but... also very very difficult... (it takes YEARS to calculate the key)

Ya a long time ago i was like why cant someone make a fake update server and use system update to flash the freeboot nand xD

Sent from my LGLS992