RealModScene

ok, so everyone who looks on here knows i've done alot with skins..

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6988-new-skin-test/

tuts and whatnot.. 

so now i am bringing another idea.. 

I am limited on changing "Aurora" code itself.. BUT if someone could change the QV filter activator from the shoulder buttons.. to say "thumbstick press?" then you'd be able to swap back to the music menu.. but yeah.. here's to hoping someone could figure it out.. and an "unofficial" version of Aurora that will support skins like this.. ;-)

Share your ideas and thoughts below!!!

• Like 2

Interesting Idea. ;)

Yeah the shoulder buttons are not even needed in the filter select either, as left/right on analog works just fine.. but.. there might be a "better" way to do it.. but as from what i can tell, the only way to swap back, and leave aurora as is, while simultaneously not re-coding a way, would be to just simply change from shoulder to a thumbstick press, left or right or both (like how retroarch brings up its menu while in game).. lol..

Love the Zelda menu sounds! Good memories

Good keep going... :clap:

i am actually waiting on someone to make up some gfx for me.. then i'll release the skin.. 

6tdc1h.jpg

works best with "Rising Phoenix" coverflow!!!

Hey I just had a thought... I know that (most likely not) the standard Aurora skin won't have sounds, (and for someone who doesn't know what they're doing, it's difficult to add these things) instead of "original Aurora won't have sounds" why not add "empty sound slots" that way it's easier for everyone to add there own sounds to Aurora without too much work or difficulty?

e.g. Original Aurora skin has sound slots for buttons, menus, scrolling, background music, etc. But no sounds are added by devs, we do that ourselves. Could this be done? As I REALLY wanted a more "Steam feel" to the SteamOS Skin. (Steam button pressing, menu, scrolling, & BGM sounds) Or even possibly just original Aurora, but with NXE sounds.

[EDIT]

Oh btw, Felida (I know old request, lol) I don't think you uploaded the "fixed" SteamOS skin for me yet. I've completely forgotten about it and it's been so long since I've been on 360 (Can't stop playing Fallout 4, lol) I'm not too worried about it. But whenever you have time, I'd very much appreciate it thanks.

mega.nz/#!6gsXUA6b!zybFlA2S8-UgN-E4tlQoGJ0RU5kASoFf4Wb6CtZlE5M

FUNCTION

START BUTTON = System

BACK BUTTON = Settings

SKIN APPEARANCE

Words swapped (not icons) instead icons were swapped too, wanted icons to be original place

• Like 1

Hey I just had a thought... I know that (most likely not) the standard Aurora skin won't have sounds, (and for someone who doesn't know what they're doing, it's difficult to add these things) instead of "original Aurora won't have sounds" why not add "empty sound slots" that way it's easier for everyone to add there own sounds to Aurora without too much work or difficulty?

e.g. Original Aurora skin has sound slots for buttons, menus, scrolling, background music, etc. But no sounds are added by devs, we do that ourselves. Could this be done? As I REALLY wanted a more "Steam feel" to the SteamOS Skin. (Steam button pressing, menu, scrolling, & BGM sounds) Or even possibly just original Aurora, but with NXE sounds.

[EDIT]

Oh btw, Felida (I know old request, lol) I don't think you uploaded the "fixed" SteamOS skin for me yet. I've completely forgotten about it and it's been so long since I've been on 360 (Can't stop playing Fallout 4, lol) I'm not too worried about it. But whenever you have time, I'd very much appreciate it thanks.

mega.nz/#!6gsXUA6b!zybFlA2S8-UgN-E4tlQoGJ0RU5kASoFf4Wb6CtZlE5M

FUNCTION

START BUTTON = System

BACK BUTTON = Settings

SKIN APPEARANCE

Words swapped (not icons) instead icons were swapped too, wanted icons to be original place

Swapping those 2 will be easy as i did figure it out.. now.. as for everything having a sound.. it is extremly possible.. but would take a whole LOT of placing sounds/ect.. basically meaning is about as hard as changing color scheme in a skin(for those that have done it know what i mean.. lol 1000's of individual lil changes all around) versus aurora being coded to have button press/ect sounds.. or maybe not.. as i cant code mate.. but be sure to check out rising music i just release..

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7143-rising-music/

i have added sounds like in the video above, for menu transitions/ect..

I could go on and on.. but yeah.. lol

EDIT: i believe this is what you wanted to happen in SteamOS??

https://mega.nz/#!nB4QEBpK!geK5izQJ12iYHb6s-LMUtgRJiT9fUJR_XR5UVqM1iT0

Swapping those 2 will be easy as i did figure it out.. now.. as for everything having a sound.. it is extremly possible.. but would take a whole LOT of placing sounds/ect.. basically meaning is about as hard as changing color scheme in a skin(for those that have done it know what i mean.. lol 1000's of individual lil changes all around) versus aurora being coded to have button press/ect sounds.. or maybe not.. as i cant code mate.. but be sure to check out rising music i just release..

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7143-rising-music/

i have added sounds like in the video above, for menu transitions/ect..

I could go on and on.. but yeah.. lol

EDIT: i believe this is what you wanted to happen in SteamOS??

https://mega.nz/#!nB4QEBpK!geK5izQJ12iYHb6s-LMUtgRJiT9fUJR_XR5UVqM1iT0

Yes that's how I wanted it, thanks a bunch man. I just wish that the standard Aurora skin was this way. To me it makes sense. (Being with games, START is pause. (not settings) and for Aurora, same logic) It just feels better. Thanks again for the fix  ;)

[EDIT]

I have one question, and possibly 2 requests (depending on answer)

Is it possible to add a BGM file to the SteamOS that is on a "self repeat?"

Any chance you could replace the Alternate Splash Screen image with the standard Aurora logo (SteamOS version), but with this background color?

https://mega.nz/#!XtsSFLoB!KIJ769nUq94EWwBE9yJgF6uDuTVyOUNIoRql2yGTkds

I just don't care for the Steam logo, I like the Aurora one more, but I have somewhat of a bright light sensitivity and the white screen hurts my eyes. (At night or dark room)

Yes that's how I wanted it, thanks a bunch man. I just wish that the standard Aurora skin was this way. To me it makes sense. (Being with games, START is pause. (not settings) and for Aurora, same logic) It just feels better. Thanks again for the fix ;)

[EDIT]

I have one question, and possibly 2 requests (depending on answer)

Is it possible to add a BGM file to the SteamOS that is on a "self repeat?"

Any chance you could replace the Alternate Splash Screen image with the standard Aurora logo (SteamOS version), but with this background color?

https://mega.nz/#!XtsSFLoB!KIJ769nUq94EWwBE9yJgF6uDuTVyOUNIoRql2yGTkds

I just don't care for the Steam logo, I like the Aurora one more, but I have somewhat of a bright light sensitivity and the white screen hurts my eyes. (At night or dark room)

Yes it is called a loop.. but which song? Hahaha

Edit: and as for the image/logo.. its super easy.. but yeah.. shoot me a pm..

I'll upload the song real quick, also I already added a link the exact color background for the alternate splash screen

[EDIT]

Here is the music I wanted. It's the Steam Big Picture Mode BGM

https://mega.nz/#!qtsykBzZ!9S_eqgMO0PmcxuAZLEkjRuVH4Hx8HSpq0Zd4OttYkZ4

btw, was wondering if what I suggested can (and would (hope so) lol) be done, I think it would be best to add a button to the skins page on Aurora to turn on/off sounds. That'd be nice.

I'll upload the song real quick, also I already added a link the exact color background for the alternate splash screen

[EDIT]

Here is the music I wanted. It's the Steam Big Picture Mode BGM

https://mega.nz/#!qtsykBzZ!9S_eqgMO0PmcxuAZLEkjRuVH4Hx8HSpq0Zd4OttYkZ4

btw, was wondering if what I suggested can (and would (hope so) lol) be done, I think it would be best to add a button to the skins page on Aurora to turn on/off sounds. That'd be nice.

That wouldnt be possible without coding aurora.. i "could" do it like the slider.. but as i said.. im limited to what possible in the skin.. just like i cant add video due to aurora not being able to handle it, ect.. lol.. tried alot of stuff mate.. tried sprite animations, ect, just "some stuff" isnt possible.. just like i could EASILY make a "blades" dash.. but the quick view activator would need to me swapped before that could happen.. ect.

That wouldnt be possible without coding aurora.. i "could" do it like the slider.. but as i said.. im limited to what possible in the skin.. just like i cant add video due to aurora not being able to handle it, ect.. lol.. tried alot of stuff mate.. tried sprite animations, ect, just "some stuff" isnt possible.. just like i could EASILY make a "blades" dash.. but the quick view activator would need to me swapped before that could happen.. ect.

Well I'm okay without BGM (it's just something extra I wanted, more Steam-y lol) Would you still be able to swap & edit the alternate splash screen as I described earlier?

Well I'm okay without BGM (it's just something extra I wanted, more Steam-y lol) Would you still be able to swap & edit the alternate splash screen as I described earlier?

ok, like i said, and even provided a tutorial: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6990-tut-adding-sound-to-skins/

the "feature" you are asking about: a play button/STOP button.. isn't really "possible" in the skin mate.. sure you can "manipulate" stuff.. like i did to make it play/loop/stop.. but as for a "button" no.. because if you were to set it to load a diff .xur (such as with file browser) then the song would cut right back off when loading back into the main screen.. that is the problem.. aurora isn't coded for sounds.. like any other app would.. but we as the "end-user" can manipulate only so much..

Well I don't have enough time to do something like this man, sorry. I'm working x2 jobs. (Not to confuse, but I never meant it as a physical button from the controller. On-screen button was what I mean, lol. Sorry for not mentioning that.) Besides, I said I could live without the bgm. It's just the splash screen I want changed. (And I suck a photo editing btw. like really bad.)

Well I don't have enough time to do something like this man, sorry. I'm working x2 jobs. (Not to confuse, but I never meant it as a physical button from the controller. On-screen button was what I mean, lol. Sorry for not mentioning that.) Besides, I said I could live without the bgm. It's just the splash screen I want changed. (And I suck a photo editing btw. like really bad.)

I know what you are saying.. when you press start/y/x whatever, it calls another part of the skin, a different *.xur, then when you press B to go back, it will "reload" to aurora_main.xur, lol

Not aurora's fault, is just how it is done.. i will make the changes/bgm for u np.. but i was just explaining how come a "on screen" action (such as a button, y, x, left, ect) cant just cutoff the music, ect.. lol

I know what you are saying.. when you press start/y/x whatever, it calls another part of the skin, a different *.xur, then when you press B to go back, it will "reload" to aurora_main.xur, lol

Not aurora's fault, is just how it is done.. i will make the changes/bgm for u np.. but i was just explaining how come a "on screen" action (such as a button, y, x, left, ect) cant just cutoff the music, ect.. lol

ohhhh ok I'm sorry man. my misunderstand this whole time, lmao. Thank you btw, you're really nice guy. you know that?  ;)

ohhhh ok I'm sorry man. my misunderstand this whole time, lmao. Thank you btw, you're really nice guy. you know that? ;)

Im a chick... just.. hahaha im just messing with ya.. yeah mate.. i believe info should be shared and free.. not like hilary clinton and her email issues.. but stuff like the info i give.. the tuts/skins/help is free.. if everyone kept everything to their selves.. we wouldn't have teachers, ect
  • Like 1

I'm not exactly sure what that means. But regardless, thank for your help. You're too kind  :thumbup:

is a jay and silent bob thing.. hahaha.. but i am done with skins/360 scene.. LATZZ!!!

The way you swapped the splash screen is wrong. The normal Splash was supposed to stay the same. The alternate splash was supposed to be the same as the original, but with the background color being different. Audio seems to be working.

The way you swapped the splash screen is wrong. The normal Splash was supposed to stay the same. The alternate splash was supposed to be the same as the original, but with the background color being different. Audio seems to be working.

ok so you want aurora logo, not the steamy logo correct?