RealModScene
felida

Tut: adding sound to skins..

Great idea, but it focused on the sound effects he is very quick to explain

yeah.. i did write kind of fast.. easiest way.. use XZPtool to unpack skin.. replace .wav, repack.. and transfer to xbox mate.. 

• Like 1

yeah.. i did write kind of fast.. easiest way.. use XZPtool to unpack skin.. replace .wav, repack.. and transfer to xbox mate.. 

Good luck good way 

Either im stupid or you have missed something i mean you guide me to a program called xzp tool but i cannot do anything with it........how can i delete a file from xzp file?.....how can i replace a file?........how can i add sound? you probaly missed something...

He didnt miss anything..

For replacing a file or deleting a file

1.open xzptool2.. Open .xzp file from the tool(it shows all the files at the screen just double click the .xzp file)

2. When you see all the files/folders of the .xzp file such as aurora_loading,aurora_main etc.. 'Right click' then 'select all' then 'extract to' and then give your location where you want to extract..

3. Then go to your extracted.xzp file and then replace/add/delete any files you want.

4. Then build the .xzp file again by using the same tool.

5. Use the build button at the top.. And fill the spaces.. You will figure it out..

- for some reason the extract button at the top doesnot work for me.. So this is the way i do it.. Told to me by QuattroGamer

• Like 2

Either im stupid or you have missed something i mean you guide me to a program called xzp tool but i cannot do anything with it........how can i delete a file from xzp file?.....how can i replace a file?........how can i add sound? you probaly missed something...

I didnt miss anything.. xzptool is one of a few options to do this.. i dont use xzptool, but there are guides on how to use it too 😉
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, kyletempest said:

Can´t save main xur it says corrupted after many times trying save, what could be?

I would need more info.. are you exporting?? If you just save in xuitools it will make a .xui

• Like 1

• On 12/14/2019 at 4:31 PM, felida said:

I would need more info.. are you exporting?? If you just save in xuitools it will make a .xui

Trying just save and get it corrupted. I try many times, and i want to put sounds in skin or video using the file. I Finally found XUItool.

@felida,

I know this thread is old but your tutorial video for this appears to be marked as private and is not accessible.  I've unpacked the skin I want to add sound to using XZP Tool 2.0 but am running into issues opening the Aurora_Main.xur & Aurora_Skin.xur files in XUI Tool.  I've tried installing different versions of the XDK with no success.  When I try to open the .XURs mentioned I don't get any error in the XUI Authoring Tool, but the scene doesn't load to the grid.  

My assumption is I need to open the "Aurora_Main.xur" file in XUI Tool,  add Xaudio sound control to the scene and then configure that to point to the folder within my skin for the sound (i.e. Sounds\song.wav).  Finally, I'd save "Aurora_Main.xur" as a new .xui file and then export it as .xur and repackage the skin using XZP Tool 2.0.