RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jackhulk

Aurora won't auto switch multi-discs in GOD format

Hello

First and foremost to avoid any confusion, I fully understand that not all multi discs games are the same, ie some have 'Content' that needs installing, where as other have 'story continues' across multi discs. This questions relates to 'story continues' multi disc games.

Take the game 'Blue Dragon' for example. While Aurora will auto switch if disc 1 is installed as GOD and disc 2/3 install separately (hdd1\Games\Blue Dragon\Disc 1), if I install all discs as GOD, Aurora will not auto switch discs when prompted.

I don't believe the issue is with all three discs being GOD as they are all separate files, and they all scanned into Aurora separately with each disc identified correctly, ie subtitle states 'Disc 1', 'Disc 2' & 'Disc 3'. All three discs load successfully, but when testing auto switch by loading disc 2 first, auto switch does not occur when screen prompt 'Insert disc 1' appears.

Question is then is this an anomaly? Does Aurora support multi-disc GOD format auto switch, or will I need to install multi-discs to hdd1\Games? No biggy if that's the case, but will be a difficult conversation with OCD.

If Aurora cannot multi-switch this way, I've recently read that Dashlauch also has a auto switch, but the two should not be run at the same time. How then can I turn Aurora auto switch off?

If nether is able to auto switch, do multi disc games still require disc 1 when progress of the game has moved to disc 2 already? OR can I simply load disc 2 and continue from there?

Thank you

Hi JValeNtine. Yes I can confirm they are all in the correct GOD location, so for this game... 

Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/4D5307DF/00007000/

Inside there are the three GOD containers...

9C8EC7A6307E3D0450EC.data

CCD2A22AF4793DC86D4C.data

EFD48D3684798FE8DBBF.data

9C8EC7A6307E3D0450EC

CCD2A22AF4793DC86D4C

EFD48D3684798FE8DBBF

Aurora can clearly see that each disc exists as can load each separately, but it's just unable to auto switch them.

Hi JValeNtine. Yes I can confirm they are all in the correct GOD location, so for this game... 

Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/4D5307DF/00007000/

Inside there are the three GOD containers...

9C8EC7A6307E3D0450EC.data

CCD2A22AF4793DC86D4C.data

EFD48D3684798FE8DBBF.data

9C8EC7A6307E3D0450EC

CCD2A22AF4793DC86D4C

EFD48D3684798FE8DBBF

Aurora can clearly see that each disc exists as can load each separately, but it's just unable to auto switch them.

the way auto-swap works is like this,

/Blue Dragon/Disc1/

/Blue Dragon/Disc2/

/Blue Dragon/Disc3/

/Blue Dragon/Disc4/

the reason it isn't working, is cause you have em ALL in the same folder.. lolz.. and dashlaunch/aurora/fsd autoswap is the same.. the difference is there was a "swap.xex" for dashlaunch, and that isn't required since FSD/Aurora has this feature built in

And Aurora will read EVERY disc.. because it's a recursive search.. it doesn't automatically move the games the way they are supposed to be.. only with TU's do it work like that..

the way auto-swap works is like this,

/Blue Dragon/Disc1/

/Blue Dragon/Disc2/

/Blue Dragon/Disc3/

/Blue Dragon/Disc4/

the reason it isn't working, is cause you have em ALL in the same folder.. lolz.. and dashlaunch/aurora/fsd autoswap is the same.. the difference is there was a "swap.xex" for dashlaunch, and that isn't required since FSD/Aurora has this feature built in

And Aurora will read EVERY disc.. because it's a recursive search.. it doesn't automatically move the games the way they are supposed to be.. only with TU's do it work like that..

Actually, FSD/Aurora is the same, Dashlaunch is slightly different, and swap.xex is configureable

Actually, FSD/Aurora is the same, Dashlaunch is slightly different, and swap.xex is configureable

98% correct info is still better than 0% correct info haha

• Like 1

as far as i know it doesnt matter if they are in the same folder. and just to be sure, you are running f3plugin right?

Yep running f3plugin. So this should work right Mattie? As said auto-swap works when disc 2 and disc 3 installed separately, but not when all installed as GOD, but it should right? I can confirm when testing all installed as GOD that I first removed separate installing of disc 2 and 3 so no conflicts there.

Yep running f3plugin. So this should work right Mattie? As said auto-swap works when disc 2 and disc 3 installed separately, but not when all installed as GOD, but it should right? I can confirm when testing all installed as GOD that I first removed separate installing of disc 2 and 3 so no conflicts there.

Yes, it should work... can you check if the same things happens with F3?

I've recently installed a new internal hard drive and while I do have FSD installed for 360 Content Manager access and such, I was hoping not to scan games in and therefore avoid having duplicate databases with covers/assets etc taking up space. I can confirm however that after finishing installing all my other multi disc games, I found that only a small number would not auto-swap, for whatever reason.

Anybody tried Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3? I'm also using GOD containers. In both Aurora and Freestyle dash it switches, but then the console freezes. Works fine using dashlaunch's auto swap and launching the games through Microsoft dash. Haven't tried any other games.

Mass Effect 2 in GOD format switching fine for me in Aurora. If needed and you're not so OCD like me where I like to have EVERYTHING within Content folder, you can create 'Game' folder, move disc 2 there and auto swap that way. So then you'll have

Game/Mass Effect 2/Disc 2

... and that should work. You can keep disc 2 in GOD format no problem, but just means that disc 2 won't show in Merto and therefore won't be able to auto swap that way. And of course you'll have to add path to Aurora and rescan.

Anybody tried Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3? I'm also using GOD containers. In both Aurora and Freestyle dash it switches, but then the console freezes. Works fine using dashlaunch's auto swap and launching the games through Microsoft dash. Haven't tried any other games.

Question; do you have the dashlaunch autoswap enabled at the same time as you're using Aurora/FSD? that'd be why it freezes...