RealModScene
HowlingWolfe93

[Aurora] New Ideas For Aurora/LiNK

Actually dustin, Lucky have a point, if you want to play with a crap connection, feel free to do so with those that wish to play with you, don't force everyone else to have a bad experience just because you want one...

Public rooms will always be available without those restrictions such as blocking wifi connections, so, you can always find a game either way...

Public rooms will still NOT allow cheaters, when a moderator finds cheaters, those will be banned from the service for a period of time, if we find repeat offenders, those will be dealt with by being banned forever, obviously tho, this would only apply to public rooms, as private rooms you are allowed to be cheating in as long as you mark the room as such

Okay, moving on. We need to try to come up with more ideas.

...What about adding the ability to set a custom path for File Browser on the Xbox Guide?

I understand your frustration, in fact, your pissed because you (I'm not saying you do) have the best connection possible, and not a hole lot of people have a good enough connection to even really play because of lag. I feel you. I really do. I also put up with it, but it's not terrible. You'll just have deal with it. It's not Xbox LIVE, but it's the next best thing. You could always get the Xbox One. I have it. I love it actually.

Hey, if my idea happens (that is a BIG if) then all you would have to do is find people that have their setting as English, only play with the ones that speak/understand it. Create your own private room with a password, and invite your friends. Then, you won't have to worry about a bad connection. :)

FYI, there's no such thing as a "open private room" LOL! There is Public Rooms, Open User Rooms, and Private User Rooms. (Where you create a password.)

My connection is not that good. I cant even host if there are more than 12 people. I have 10/1 connection which atleat in europe is average at best. But i have done all i could to make the best out of what i have. I flashed tomato on my router, i drilled a whole in the ceiling so that i can have wired connection, i set up priorities and limited some other devices. I spent a lot of time on google so that i figured out how to set up everything so that i will not drag down others. And than people like you who are bored at vacation and want to play, no matter if all others will lag or people who dont even bother to go on google and look up how to correctly setup their router join the game and mess up the connection. And than jou say i am selfish :D

And another thing is you want to search for players that speak english so that you can talk with them? The first thing that stops working when 2 or more people with bad connection joins is voice. So whats the point in finding people that speak english if you will not be able to talk to them during gameplay?

And about your idea.. Why would i care what language someone speaks? If he has a decent connection he is more than welcome to join.

My connection is not that good. I cant even host if there are more than 12 people. I have 10/1 connection which atleat in europe is average at best. But i have done all i could to make the best out of what i have. I flashed tomato on my router, i drilled a whole in the ceiling so that i can have wired connection, i set up priorities and limited some other devices. I spent a lot of time on google so that i figured out how to set up everything so that i will not drag down others. And than people like you who are bored at vacation and want to play, no matter if all others will lag or people who dont even bother to go on google and look up how to correctly setup their router join the game and mess up the connection. And than jou say i am selfish :D

And another thing is you want to search for players that speak english so that you can talk with them? The first thing that stops working when 2 or more people with bad connection joins is voice. So whats the point in finding people that speak english if you will not be able to talk to them during gameplay?

And about your idea.. Why would i care what language someone speaks? If he has a decent connection he is more than welcome to join.

1.) Voice has nothing to do with connection as that in-game action. I'm on Halo: Reach with my friends in a public room in a full lobby and connection is damn near perfect. Same goes for any other game.

2.). Everybody has the right to play on LiNK no matter what you say.

3.) If your not interested in my idea, you're free to leave...

Actually dustin, Lucky have a point, if you want to play with a crap connection, feel free to do so with those that wish to play with you, don't force everyone else to have a bad experience just because you want one...Public rooms will always be available without those restrictions such as blocking wifi connections, so, you can always find a game either way...Public rooms will still NOT allow cheaters, when a moderator finds cheaters, those will be banned from the service for a period of time, if we find repeat offenders, those will be dealt with by being banned forever, obviously tho, this would only apply to public rooms, as private rooms you are allowed to be cheating in as long as you mark the room as such

I agree. You always have public rooms to play when your on vacation.

Things that are frustrating on link are:

- when its disconnecting

- cheater

- people with bad connection

Really funny how most of the problems acure because players are just selfish bastards that only think about themselves. I know about several people that play on wifi because they dont want to spent 3min to set up wired connection. And also i know people that cheat and just dont care.

We would not need a block button at all if people would not think only about their ass but would consider what is best for the community and how we all can have better experience together. Since this is not the case we have to block or make it so that we force them to use wired connection.

• Like 1

1.) Voice has nothing to do with connection as that in-game action. I'm on Halo: Reach with my friends in a public room in a full lobby and connection is damn near perfect. Same goes for any other game.

2.). Everybody has the right to play on LiNK no matter what you say.

3.) If your not interested in my idea, you're free to leave...

1) in bo2 when connection is just a bit bad the voice lags really bad (most of players play bo2)

2) agree. There are public rooms for that. But if i make i private room i shoul have the option to block anyone i like from entering

3) just replied to your comments, because they were selfish and people like you who think they can drag anyone else down just because they want to play make me angry and destroy otherwise great system link

And about the troll. You can check my other threads and then tell me if i am a troll. All i want is that people take a bit of their time and do all they can so that we as a community will have the best experience. I love link and i play a lot. Found quite few friends here for which i am really gratefull. Thanks to all the devs that spent countless hours developing for free so that we can have fun.

There is no way to tell if someone is using a wired or wireless connection. It's IMPOSSIBLE. Microsoft can't do it either.

Swizzy already said that. And its a dame shame. Sorry for going of topic on your thread. I will stop now.

About your response to 2.). That is what I've been trying to say. Did you even read the topic, or did you just "skim?" I mentioned on the Player Options, that it wouldn't effect Public Rooms, just rooms that you create.

Example: Both you and I are on CoD. You created your Game Room, and I join. If I have a poor connection or if I was cheating (ya know trainers) you would be able to block me. After you've blocked me, I'm automatically kicked from your room, and I could NEVER join your created room. (Or anyother room you would create in the future.) On any game. HOWEVER, if you and I were in a Public Room, you could still block me, but I wouldn't be kicked as it is a Public Room. You would not receive any messages, or game invitations from me. Because I'm blocked from you.

As I have said before, moving on. I DID NOT MAKE THIS TOPIC FOR ARGUMENTS. I thought this would be a great way to come up with ideas, but apparently nobody's getting off the connection "discousion." Great job Dustin, ya pissed someone off, and now your big idea dies.....perfect.

What about adding the ability to create a custom path for File Browser on the Xbox Guide?

What do you mean with that exactly?

I should've worded that differently. If we could have a custom startup directory when you enter File Browser. I could take a photo of what I mean if it helps.

Example: Xbox Guide>File Browser>Game (As showing devices)

Hdd1

USB1

My custom directory: Xbox Guide>File Browser>Games (Games is the name of my directory where I keep them that is with-in Hdd1.)

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox LIVE Arcade

• Like 1

So it basically defaults to opening a specific path? that could probably be done...

What else could we do? I have no idea what the final option should be for Player Report. I did think about message spamming, but that would be useless if you block someone.

What if it had something to do with someone not having any DLC's and they constantly try to join even though they don't have it, and everyone else does? Not sure if it's good enough though...

What if it had something to do with someone not having any DLC's and they constantly try to join even though they don't have it, and everyone else does? Not sure if it's good enough though...

When that happens, they simply cannot join your game... they can join your room... but we really can't implement something like that...

We would need tutorial section or something like that where we would be able to post tutorials on how to apply dlc, compatibility packs, router settings.......

And also we would have to promote the tutorial section, so that everyone would know where to go when they have system link problems. Maybe it exist but i dont know about it. If it does we need to promote it. For example when you open up rooms list on the bottom where it says tu 15 is available (even tho tu 18 is out for more than 1 year) it should say if you have trouble with dlc,.... Go to .....

• Like 1

We would need tutorial section or something like that where we would be able to post tutorials on how to apply dlc, compatibility packs, router settings.......

And also we would have to promote the tutorial section, so that everyone would know where to go when they have system link problems. Maybe it exist but i dont know about it. If it does we need to promote it. For example when you open up rooms list on the bottom where it says tu 15 is available (even tho tu 18 is out for more than 1 year) it should say if you have trouble with dlc,.... Go to .....

It does exist: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/10-tutorials/

How do people miss things like the tutorial section? :( I dont get it.

everything is working on my xbox for a long time now, so i was not sure if there is tutorial section and since i am on vacation the wifi is really bad and i didnt check before i wrote. but there are loads of people on bo2 that are on tu0 or dont have dlc. i also heard that people had huge problems with compatibility packs in advanced warfare so i guess they do not know of the tutorial section. this is why i suggested that it would be nice if it would be promoted more.

How do people miss things like the tutorial section? :( I dont get it.

tutorials?? isn't that what sits on the silver spoon??  :baby:  hahahaha

everything is working on my xbox for a long time now, so i was not sure if there is tutorial section and since i am on vacation the wifi is really bad and i didnt check before i wrote. but there are loads of people on bo2 that are on tu0 or dont have dlc. i also heard that people had huge problems with compatibility packs in advanced warfare so i guess they do not know of the tutorial section. this is why i suggested that it would be nice if it would be promoted more.

the issue with the compatibility packs and stuff is RMS will NEVER host them.. so babies will cry about it because they want to be spoon fed.. hahah..

there really isn't anything someone can say about the dlc/compatibility packs except XM360 them.. or get from a different source.. 

• Like 2

There isn't anything specific for TU's, DLC or Compatibility Packs in the tutorials section, DLC/Compatibility Packs are likely not on ppls consoles because they don't know where to get hold of it, and linking to any of it from here is a bannable offence, i'm a pretty nice guy and give those that do a warning the first time it occurs, second time you're out... the same goes with asking for where to download it, sometimes i just warn in the thread they're asking that nobody can give them links here anyways, sometimes more that they're not allowed to ask... it really depends on my mood xD

The compatibiltiy packs issue most ppl have is just they don't want to read, they simply go "ok, it's saying i need to login to live to download something, what do i do now? i know! i'll ask again and again and again! i have no f*ing idea what the search function is for"

i'm a pretty nice guy and give those that do a warning the first time it occurs, second time you're out.... it really depends on my mood xD

The compatibiltiy packs issue most ppl have is just they don't want to read, they simply go "ok, it's saying i need to login to live to download something, what do i do now? i know! i'll ask again and again and again! i have no f*ing idea what the search function is for"

yeah Swizzy is a nice guy.. and LMFAO @ not knowing the search function joke..

• Like 1

It's hard enough trying to come up with ideas and explaining how it is and helping people how to do things like that at the same time. It took me a while to figure out how to install DLC's. One of my favorite things about Aurora is that when you go into the content folder, (00000000...) you don't have to "know" what the ID of the game is because it tells you automatically. Which makes it easier to tell where to put such things.

If someone REALLY wanted DLC's couldn't they just go on Google? That's the easiest way to find them, LOL! (I hope I was allowed to say that.)  :shock:

• Like 1

It's not that hard to make good suggestions.

To make it even easier you could write the folder description also to the subfolders. (e.g., TU, DLC/InstallData GameData).

See.