RealModScene
s8n

Official XBOX 360 Hard Drive use on multiple 360's possible ?

hi members and Swizzy ,  i got a question i hope you understand it ill word it best i can..............

i have more than one 360 that has been R-JTAGGED by me ( with a lot of help from Swizzy ) ,  some are on different Dashboards 2.0.16747.0 and 2.0.17148 for example.  I want to use the Official XBOX 360 Hard Drive for Game Saves and Roms for Retroarch.  I dont want multiple Hard Drives with Game Saves and hi scores everywhere ,  I want to use just the one XBOX 360 Hard Drive and use it on all my 360's

is this possible ? will the different Dashes cause a issue ?

Swizzy for President !

chat soon

162559-cheee.jpg

• Like 1

hi members and Swizzy ,  i got a question i hope you understand it ill word it best i can..............

i have more than one 360 that has been R-JTAGGED by me ( with a lot of help from Swizzy ) ,  some are on different Dashboards 2.0.16747.0 and 2.0.17148 for example.  I want to use the Official XBOX 360 Hard Drive for Game Saves and Roms for Retroarch.  I dont want multiple Hard Drives with Game Saves and hi scores everywhere ,  I want to use just the one XBOX 360 Hard Drive and use it on all my 360's

Swizzy for President !

chat soon

162559-cheee.jpg

Shouldnt really matter with the drive as the version of dashlaunch on the drive and if its compatible with the kernal version I'd think. I swap drives between consoles a lot to test functionality.

• Like 2

I thought all games saves used the consoleID in their hash check. Not sure if that's possible. I think you can share everything else, but you may have to use a different profile for each console.

• Like 2

Swizzy for President !

chat soon

162559-cheee.jpg

the only issue would be with the avatar data.. as if all the dash's were the same, no problem.. 

you'll just need to re-install constantly if you don't update them to same dash's.. other than that.. no there won't be a problem..

i know this from experience btw ;-)

• Like 1

I thought all games saves used the consoleID in their hash check. Not sure if that's possible. I think you can share everything else, but you may have to use a different profile for each console.

Some games may use consoleid for it, but they should all allow you to swap them around between different consoles, after all, they made the "USBMU" thing so you could bring your profile + gamesave to your friends place when you go to play Co-Op together ;)

• Like 1

what about xbox original games corrupting when swapping hdd or is that true.

you mean the emulator files?? if the hdd has it, then it will be ok.. after all, ALL official HDD's have the partition already built in ;-) but they should be fine also..

• Like 1

Some games may use consoleid for it, but they should all allow you to swap them around between different consoles, after all, they made the "USBMU" thing so you could bring your profile + gamesave to your friends place when you go to play Co-Op together ;)

Yeah, felida was just explaining that to me during a zombies game. Learn something new every day. :)

• Like 2

you mean the emulator files?? if the hdd has it, then it will be ok.. after all, ALL official HDD's have the partition already built in ;-) but they should be fine also..

thank you..