RealModScene
2Ceedz

[REQ] Coverflow customization

Thank You to gavin_darkglider, Swizzy, and everyone else for helping with this post..I have completed this, thanks to you all!! 

Just minor tweaking needed now, pics added to post.

Im not requesting something from Phoenix, so I hope I'm posting in the correct place.  I was hoping/wondering if someone would be kind enough to make a custome Coverflow layout for my Aurora.  My box is offline for a bit, so I cannot do it myself.  I am asking this because I like to use pics as my backgrounds more so then designs.  Most of the default Coverflow options cover up the 'important' part of my pic... LoL.

I was hoping and wondering if someone could 'mesh' a few of these together to form 1 layout i'm hoping will look better for my pic.   Im kinda torn between the looks of 'Spine' and 'Gallery' Coverflows, but thinking 'Spine' would be easiest.

If you could please make a layout that has these 'properties':

• Looking like the  'spine' or 'gallery by phoenix' coverflow - which ever is easiest
  • Covers Moved to bottom of page
  • Covers the size of the 'Aurora by phoenix' coverflow

Thanks in Advance....I'd really appreciate this.  Attaching my pic JIC you want an idea of what i mean, want to try to see the faces (at least), LoL. (Seems i must .zip it JIC you want to d/l it to test or something, but the above layout should work fine.)

post-11679-0-92487100-1431245156_thumb.jpg

post-11679-0-42794500-1431245169_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2Ceedz

Perhaps make some kind of sketch of what you're looking for more specifically?

Wow, your quick!!! LoL, ok edited OP with thumbnail of my thoughts.

I think this makes it easier for them...LoL.  Of course want it all even and stuff (because i cant draw).

Thanks again!!

Edited by 2Ceedz

I think this makes it easier for them...LoL.  Of course want it all even and stuff (because i cant draw).

Thanks again!!

what i think you are REALLY asking for is a custom SKIN, as coverflow is just the way the titles show.. and has nothing to do with backgrounds..

and ALSO.. FUCKING AWESOME movie.. lol

Thanks again!!

I might make this for you tomorrow when i'm awake again, if nobody else has done it for you by then :) (keep in mind, i'm only doing the coverflow, not a full skin)

what i think you are REALLY asking for is a custom SKIN, as coverflow is just the way the titles show.. and has nothing to do with backgrounds..

and ALSO.. FUCKING AWESOME movie.. lol

Sorry didnt see this post......

Yeah, sooo love that movie...all time favorite!!!  I was making a Boondock Saints FSD skin when FSD died...LoL. And with that pic the effects in Aurora make the smoke look cool.  

Hmm, isnt coverflow how the games are positioned on the screen?  I'm already using that background (and working on custom skin), but i thought the coverflow editor edited the sizes and positions of the layout.   The games are on the faces, just trying to resize and move a bit so i can see more of the pic.  If im wrong, i apologize, and you can ignore this!

I just posted the background JIC if someone makes this for me and they wanted to test how it'd look with the bg im getting it made for. ;-)

I might make this for you tomorrow when i'm awake again, if nobody else has done it for you by then :) (keep in mind, i'm only doing the coverflow, not a full skin)

Yes sir, please if you can, i just cant do it as im offline.  I'd really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this if no one else has by then.  Not wanting or expecting a skin, as im playing with that myself...LoL.  Thanks!

Edited by 2Ceedz

Sorry didnt see this post......

Yeah, sooo love that movie...all time favorite!!!  I was making a Boondock Saints FSD skin when FSD died...LoL. And with that pic the effects in Aurora make the smoke look cool.  

Hmm, isnt coverflow how the games are positioned on the screen?  I'm already using that background (and working on custom skin), but i thought the coverflow editor edited the sizes and positions of the layout.   The games are on the faces, just trying to resize and move a bit so i can see more of the pic.  If im wrong, i apologize, and you can ignore this!

I just posted the background JIC if someone makes this for me and they wanted to test how it'd look with the bg im getting it made for. ;-)

Yes sir, please if you can, i just cant do it as im offline.  I'd really appreciate you taking your time to help me with this if no one else has by then.  Not wanting or expecting a skin, as im playing with that myself...LoL.  Thanks!

you might try flipping through the already there views.. as there are plenty that take out the main strip.. but yes.. i mistakenly thought you were pushing for a skin(unintentionally) .. sry  :unsure: i got sidetracked by the image.. 

Lol, all good. ;-)  Yeah, have scrolled through them all...is how i got the idea for mine, 'just' 'merging' three together...LoL Also, I am editing the OP as i 'optimized' the bg (i think) LoL...Just in case someone wants to test with the 'proper' bg.(firefight-Aurora.zip) ;-)

That is an easy coverflow to create, I would start with the spine coverflow, and adjust the position, and scale values. If I remember correctly, it number boxes follow this basic setup. X, Y, Z

X=X axis (Left/right position)

y= Y axis (Up/down position)

z= z axis (Depth, or how close to camera, or how far away)

So move the position of every thing on the y axis down. :) so set y for every thing to -1 to start, save, and copy to xbox. see where position is. Copy and repeat until satisfied. :)

Size options should let you change scale, if I remember correctly, I only played with it for 5 minutes. :( so if you want the scale smaller, change the x and y scales, but keep the Z(depth) the same.

Three or 4 tries, I am sure you will get what you want, without ever connecting to the plugin. :)

• Like 2

That is an easy coverflow to create, I would start with the spine coverflow, and adjust the position, and scale values. If I remember correctly, it number boxes follow this basic setup. X, Y, Z

X=X axis (Left/right position)

y= Y axis (Up/down position)

z= z axis (Depth, or how close to camera, or how far away)

So move the position of every thing on the y axis down. :) so set y for every thing to -1 to start, save, and copy to xbox. see where position is. Copy and repeat until satisfied. :)

Size options should let you change scale, if I remember correctly, I only played with it for 5 minutes. :( so if you want the scale smaller, change the x and y scales, but keep the Z(depth) the same.

Three or 4 tries, I am sure you will get what you want, without ever connecting to the plugin. :)

Thanks, don't I need to be online to edit the coverflow? (I know with the latest app it says 'connect to xbox ip').  That was/is my problem, my box is offline.  I was hoping it wouldnt be too hard as the others were already made that I  was using for reference. :-)

BUT I did realize itd probably be easiest just to use the 'gallery by phoenix' resized to the 'aurora by phoenix' and moved to the bottom of the screen.  Think that would be easiest, then all you have to do is move and shrink ;-), but im a n00b. ;-)...  Either one would be awesome, beggers cant be choosers...LoL.

Going to edit the OP to reflect this...

Spine would be easier for what you are trying to do, just adjust the values, save copy to xbox, change coverflow. sooner or later you will get everything the scale/size you want, and where you want. :) just dont change the other values, or it will change cover layouts and stuff.

Out of curiosity, why cant you connect your xbox to your computer? all you need is a router, and 2 ethernet cables, you dont even need that, if you have a crossover cable, and some ethernet cards(Most newer ones) will detect if you use a regular ethernet cable, and switch the wires around for you. there is no reason I can think of, that you couldnt play with this your self.

Ok Spine then, i'm easy and was my 1st intention...LoL ....i'll edit OP again....

Spine would be easier for what you are trying to do, just adjust the values, save copy to xbox, change coverflow. sooner or later you will get everything the scale/size you want, and where you want. :) just dont change the other values, or it will change cover layouts and stuff.

Out of curiosity, why cant you connect your xbox to your computer? all you need is a router, and 2 ethernet cables, you dont even need that, if you have a crossover cable, and some ethernet cards(Most newer ones) will detect if you use a regular ethernet cable, and switch the wires around for you. there is no reason I can think of, that you couldnt play with this your self.

Technically i can...but my router is in the other room, and dont have 2 cables ran (I dont do wifi, i want my speed...LoL).  So im being lazy...need to find my other 50ft cable and run it....used to have 2 lines for FSD and link, but that was a LONG time ago.  I've always been super paranoid about hooking up my jtag to the internet.....even though i have it locked down via dashlaunch and NXE and have never wanted to or intend to trying to get on LIVE.  Plus i just spent 2hrs getting covers and info's manually in Aurora...would be like me to go online the day after all that work...LoL.

Yeah, and didnt think about taking pc offline and direct connecting...its been awhile.

So, im too lazy to find my other cord and run it.....is also why i've waited so long to switch.  I just got all my covers/infos/ratings added to Aurora yesterday, and now its my daily driver, im quite impressed now i can do that stuff offline.  Personally I dont believe i should HAVE to go online to make my dashboard look like everyone else's, i guess.  LoL

I'll try a direct connection, my card should work (and pretty sure i sys linked thru pc, back in the day).

Edited by 2Ceedz

If the the card auto switches from ethernet to crossover ethernet it will work, you will have to manually set ip addresses on both devices, and the subnets will have to match, but if the card detects it, it should work, only one way to find out, and that is to try it.

If the the card auto switches from ethernet to crossover ethernet it will work, you will have to manually set ip addresses on both devices, and the subnets will have to match, but if the card detects it, it should work, only one way to find out, and that is to try it.

if using PC to wire xbox.. either bridge connections, or like me, enable internet sharing on wifi connection, as that is how i personally do it to upload to my xbox.. as it really wont depend on your router to connect, since it is directly connected thru cat5

for example windows 7 defaults my xbox IP to 192.168.137.xxx, but your PC will tell you what IP is waiting under the lan ipV4 settings.. just setup xbox like that IP is your routers.. and profit

LAN card settings(there is no gateway under here):

IP addy: 192.168.137.1

subnet is always 255.255.255.0

DNS: 192.168.137.1

XBOX settings:

IP: 192.168.137.XXX

subnet is ALWAYS 255.255.255.0

Gateway/DNS BOTH: 192.168.137.1

Ok, it seems i somehow broke the app.  It tried to connect (said my firewall) but it never imported a coverflow...and now the app wont boot. (stopped working and must close.)  BUT i believe i CAN edit it locally.  I saw when I was trying to import from my box, that i can open files....now to fix the app somehow.  Looking for the file that holds its data, hoping its the ip or something making it crash on boot.  Ok, got the app  fixed too....and can edit locally!!! YEAH!!!

BUT i got an unhandled exception when trying to load a coverflow locally ;-(  But it seems to be working... :-s

Edited by 2Ceedz

Ok, it seems i somehow broke the app.  It tried to connect (said my firewall) but it never imported a coverflow...and now the app wont boot. (stopped working and must close.)  BUT i believe i CAN edit it locally.  I saw when I was trying to import from my box, that i can open files....now to fix the app somehow.  Looking for the file that holds its data, hoping its the ip or something making it crash on boot.  Ok, got the app  fixed too....and can edit locally!!! YEAH!!!

BUT i got an unhandled exception when trying to load a coverflow locally ;-(  But it seems to be working... :-s

do what i said, and you'll have no problem editing the xbox stuff/uploading to XB.. and also wont have a problem sys-linking this way either if you open the ports to xbox ip

Ok, thanks.its too much to unhook my pc and like i said it never imported (and then broke the app).........I will follow your directions you gave earlier and play/break it that way..LOL.

..I guess we can delete this thread, now i realize i was too stupid to open a file after booting the app...LoL...SORRY and THANKS!!!!

This isnt required for what I am telling him to do.

i know man, but still.. it is good info if he doesnt feel like running a whole huge 50ft cord..

Yeah bridging works great,i did it to see what would happen i didn't realize at the time it would join them together & do what i wanted,it meant i didn't need another long ether cable going up the hallway in a spare room to the modem/router (to lazy to route it under the house to the lounge)

Yeah bridging works great,i did it to see what would happen i didn't realize at the time it would join them together & do what i wanted,it meant i didn't need another long ether cable going up the hallway in a spare room to the modem/router (to lazy to route it under the house to the lounge)

sharing connection works better IF you have a shitty router.. like me.. haha

Ok, thanks.its too much to unhook my pc and like i said it never imported (and then broke the app).........I will follow your directions you gave earlier and play/break it that way..LOL.

..I guess we can delete this thread, now i realize i was too stupid to open a file after booting the app...LoL...SORRY and THANKS!!!!

So, you're going to build this on your own?

and I would have run it though the ceiling, that usually has more room. :)with the crawl space and stuff. unless there is a second story, in which case, it might be harder. you could always run it along the outside of the house in a pipe(helps prevent people from pulling wired MIM attacks) and through the wall. :)