RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

[Aurora] Integrated Emulators

That is unfortunate, why cant all the programmers just get along. lol. But seriously, they havnt released a new version in almost a year for the xbox 360, and the community, or you, saywaking(I feel he/she should be included, even though he/she didnt do any of the research to find you the source, or the original developers), and I, all seem slightly interested in reviving the xbox 360 emulator scene, and getting the emulators up with the latest dashboards. :) As I said, you keep working on it, and I will keep testing it. The only other core I care about would be the mupen64 core, but it would be cool to see all of them on the xbox running natively in the dashboard. by dashboard I mean aurora. and if you can get these cores to work with aurora without salimander, I see no reason not to do the rom cover flow, as if you choose to run a core without pulling up the rom menu, it wont load anything.

and if you can get these cores to work with aurora without salimander, I see no reason not to do the rom cover flow, as if you choose to run a core without pulling up the rom menu, it wont load anything.

There won't be a rom coverflow comming for Aurora... sorry... the best we can give you is the roms list :/

• Like 1

did not have much time, but looks like nothing changed yet

22 warnings and 1 error/fail

i also have 12 of 14 cores

i will hopefully test some ROMs tomorrow, but it looks like some are working, some not?

did not have much time, but looks like nothing changed yet

22 warnings and 1 error/fail

i also have 12 of 14 cores

i will hopefully test some ROMs tomorrow, but it looks like some are working, some not?

I noticed i had missed 1 of the 15 emulators that was included, i thought it was only 14 >_< anyways, i'm working on some lua scripts to go along with the emulators...

So far i've verified these emulators to be working:

snes9x-next

vba-next

Genesis-Plus-GX

these don't work (crash when you try to start a game):

beetle-ngp-libretro

these partially works:

beetle-pce-fast-libretro <--- Didn't work with the ISO/CUE i tried to load (crash), but with a "PCE" it worked fine

In order for these emulators to work you need to include the media folder which comes from compiling, and you need the cfg from the 1.0.2 release package (otherwise you can't use your controller)

** edit: **

https://github.com/Swizzy/RetroArchAurora <--- if you clone (download) or pull (update) the repository now, it'll compile all 15 cores to xex's, and it'll copy the LUA scripts i've finished so far, 1 of these scripts WILL fail for you guys right now as it uses functions we'll be adding to 0.5b in order to make the scripts better

• Like 2

Tested some more;

working:

beetle-vb-iibretro

beetle-wswan-libretro

fba-libretro

gambatte-libretro

libretro-prboom <--- once i put the files correctly :)

nxengine-libretro

somewhat working:

fceumm-libretro <--- can't press 'n' hold buttons (it registers as press -> press -> press over and over)

nestopia <--- same as fceumm-libretro (they're for the same system)

not working:

tyrquake

I am glad the roms I supplied you are helping get all these issues sorted. And thank you for also creating lua scripts to work with them. I might not get credit for this idea, but thank you for making it a reality. Still dont have a copy of the xdk, due to my stuff getting stollen, any chance you could post a link for the updated stuff, or is it going to be available on unity?

I am glad the roms I supplied you are helping get all these issues sorted. And thank you for also creating lua scripts to work with them. I might not get credit for this idea, but thank you for making it a reality. Still dont have a copy of the xdk, due to my stuff getting stollen, any chance you could post a link for the updated stuff, or is it going to be available on unity?

I'll post a link to the emulators once i've fixed the crashing and other issues, spent the majority of the night together with MaesterRowen looking into TyrQuake, and we found the issue, just gotta get the fix compiling xD (i've slept maybe 1-2 hours tonight)

• Like 1

I'm happy to announce that i've found and fixed the UI Output problem, so now you can use the RetroArch UI aswell as Aurora :) making great progress here! (i found this while looking for other things)

• Like 2

cant get anything running on the mame core, but the other cores I tried seem to be working fine. I copied my retroarch.cfg into all the different folders so they are all the same. (Gamma, screen settings etc)

Man this is exciting!

• Like 2

Any chance of a port of the mupen64 core? or is that something we are going to have to wait on the libretro devs?

I don't think i'll be doing that... sorry... i might help with some of the smaller cores tho...

• Like 1

Never hurts to try. lol. Maybe I can get squarepusher to do it, I have my doubts, but who knows.

With him being pretty much alone with Xbox 360, and his console not booting most of the time... it's not likely that he will... he barely even helped me out lately... i've done most of the hard work of finding and fixing actual crashing and what not... (i wasn't alone, more like me and MaesterRowen doing that together) i was also the one that fixed that visual thing... without his help... i noticed i had put the items backwards tho and mentioned that to him... his response was that my "fix" was bad... how is it bad when you can actually see what it's supposed to say rather then random garbage just in the wrong order?!

• Like 1

From my experience, every coder has difference in the way they write their code. That being said, even if the code is sloppy, as long as it works, that seems like a decent fix to me. lol.

There are two other cores which are priorized as they are in progress. Mupen may come afterwards and ppsspp later. When i got time i will try to help.

Which cores are you refering to?

Probably the broken ones ;)

I thought you and maester rowen worked out most of the bugs in the broken ones. Still cant wait to see this updated version working. I wonder if the libretro devs will add these patches upstream, or if it is going to need to be done over and over with every release. Lets hope not, or we will never see updates. lol. I can see you fixing it once, but having to fix every version, that would be a pain.

Libretro/RetroArch devs are active. Even the main dev for the xdk part is actively working on RetroArch. You must know its a multiplatform application. But the xdk section is ... A couple times revived. Just hope for it, maybe someday ... ;)

I thought you and maester rowen worked out most of the bugs in the broken ones. Still cant wait to see this updated version working. I wonder if the libretro devs will add these patches upstream, or if it is going to need to be done over and over with every release. Lets hope not, or we will never see updates. lol. I can see you fixing it once, but having to fix every version, that would be a pain.

They've already included/merged the changes (fixes) i've implemented... most of them anyways... i'm making the UI work the way it was supposed to as well thanks to MaesterRowen (my saviour)

It now looks like this when you select games:

post-1436-0-59693000-1420656633_thumb.pn

And like this when you want to change settings:

post-1436-0-32454000-1420656632_thumb.pn

• Like 1

They've already included/merged the changes (fixes) i've implemented... most of them anyways... i'm making the UI work the way it was supposed to as well thanks to MaesterRowen (my saviour)

It now looks like this when you select games:

And like this when you want to change settings:

This is looking great already
  • Like 1

I have to agree, When I originally started this thread, I didnt think it was going to get much attention. So thank you to Swizzy, Maester Rowen, and the retroarch devs for making this a possibility, and taking the time to make the idea a reality. It appears that it was more work then I originally thought it would be, then again, I had no idea what the state of the original source was, or that each individual core would need to be fixed also, and then the original gui program also. But I can say for 2 or 3 poeple working on this in their spare time, while also maintaining aurora's new build is impressive at the same time. :) keep up the good work, and as I sad if you need any more roms for testing, I will supply them, or if you need some one to test this, just send me a link to the precompiled xex's and instructions. :)

• Like 1