RealModScene
jeffmangum

USBMU content folders suddenly gone after transferring a TU using Horizon.

I transferred a TU using horizon in my external HDD (where my fsd and my games are). When i access USBMU on file manager of FSD, there are two content folders and the only game id there is the TU i transferred. All the other folders are gone. 

Also, how do you access USBMU using a PC anyway? I can only see it on the filemanager of FSD.

Edit: GREAT! Turns out all the data on the USBMU is gone cause when i run GTAV, its not working cause it got deleted on the Content folder! God I hate Alien Isolation this game is the worst game to install.

I think you didn't make fat32 partition ,, first thing is you need to format your external hdd via gui format tool for fat32

Second thing is you need format via Console for usbmu(I don't knw what's this exact name) it's contain 32GB

So u hav got 32GB for usbmu balance space for usb1

Note :you can access USBMU via horizon and fsd file manager

Note2:

Your windows shows only usb1 (fat32 partition)

Here u can keep your games

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

I think you didn't make fat32 partition ,, first thing is you need to format your external hdd via gui format tool for fat32

Second thing is you need format via Console for usbmu(I don't knw what's this exact name) it's contain 32GB

So u hav got 32GB for usbmu balance space for usb1

Note :you can see USBMU via horizon and fsd file manager

Note2:

Your windows shows only usb1 (fat32 partition)

Here u can keep your games

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Im sure its already formatted. Its my first time trasnferring a TU using horizon on that external HDD. I usually just put DLCs and TUs on a usb thumbdrive. 

Im not sure why the other folders would get deleted. I am SO mad right now.

Also, how do you access USBMU using a PC anyway? I can only see it on the filemanager of FSD.

You can use your Windows PC & Party Buffelo Drive Explorer, to get full access on XTAF Devices on PCs.

You can use your Windows PC & Party Buffelo Drive Explorer, to get full access on XTAF Devices on PCs.

Thank God for this! I can see the folders on USBMU before when its all normal! But why is it different on file manager on FSD? In fsd it shows TWO content folders. One is is "Content" and one is "content". But two of them they only contain the TU i transferred using Horizon.

So the folders that were missing are still there ? if so it maybe due to a setting in fsd where you need to show hidden files & folders

So the folders that were missing are still there ? if so it maybe due to a setting in fsd where you need to show hidden files & folders

Yes. I can see them on party buffalo. But I can't see the tu I downloaded. But on horizon, I ccan only see the tu. On fsd file mmanager, there are TWO content folders. With the same tu on it.

I don't remember fsd having a "shoiw hidden folder" settings though.

For now I'm ok with starting over again with the usbmu. I just wanna figure out why there are two content folders.

Its probably determined by the system.

What do you mmean?

In fsd you have a section where you can do all sorts of settings,somewhere in there most probably under general or system is a section where system files & folders can be unhidden by placing a tick in the box,look in the explanation to the right of that box for the brackets,i can't remember exactly how the wording goes apart from the very first,once selected all files hidden are now visible or at least should be

(sys blah blah blah blah)

The xbox file system doesnt support hidden files, so there is no setting in FSD to show hidden files.

I would use party buffalo to dump the mu information, then recreate the mu and copy the data back with party buffalo.

The xbox file system doesnt support hidden files, so there is no setting in FSD to show hidden files.

I would use party buffalo to dump the mu information, then recreate the mu and copy the data back with party buffalo.

By dump you mean extract right? Yes i already extracted the important file which is the GTA V installation. Thats the only thing i wanna retrieve. 

Thats my problem. How do you recreate the MU? Cause i already deleted that cursed TU. But on fsd, theres still TWO content folders. One capital C, one is not. And theres a game folder there im not sure what game it is. 

Is it possible to reformat just the MU? Or should i just delete the other content folder and everythings back to normal?

The function in FSD is for devices, not actual files/folders

By dump you mean extract right? Yes i already extracted the important file which is the GTA V installation. Thats the only thing i wanna retrieve. 

Thats my problem. How do you recreate the MU? Cause i already deleted that cursed TU. But on fsd, theres still TWO content folders. One capital C, one is not. And theres a game folder there im not sure what game it is. 

Is it possible to reformat just the MU? Or should i just delete the other content folder and everythings back to normal?

Just go to NXE, remove the USBMU and re-create it, voila! you've got a "formatted USBMU"

The function in FSD is for devices, not actual files/folders

Just go to NXE, remove the USBMU and re-create it, voila! you've got a "formatted USBMU"

Im sorry but what is NXE? I googled it and it says "new xbox experience"? Do you mean the original dashboard? Wat I can just remove the USBMU? And it will automatically have the content folder? How do I recreate MU?

Im sorry but what is NXE? I googled it and it says "new xbox experience"? Do you mean the original dashboard? Wat I can just remove the USBMU? And it will automatically have the content folder? How do I recreate MU?

Yeah, NXE is the Xbox 360 Dashboard...

You go there, go to the right -> (settings), here you locate "Memory", under Memory you'll find the USB Memory Unity or whatever it says, press Y then tell it to remove it... once you've removed it, press the same button again and create a new one... voila!

Yeah, NXE is the Xbox 360 Dashboard...

You go there, go to the right -> (settings), here you locate "Memory", under Memory you'll find the USB Memory Unity or whatever it says, press Y then tell it to remove it... once you've removed it, press the same button again and create a new one... voila!

But wouldnt that format the whole drive? Cause that same drive contains all my games and the FSD so I cant just remove it. Or is there a separate option to remove the USBMU only? 

But wouldnt that format the whole drive? Cause that same drive contains all my games and the FSD so I cant just remove it. Or is there a separate option to remove the USBMU only?

It shouldn't format the whole drive, but to be sure, make a backup of your games...

Personally i use a internal harddrive, and when i used USBMU i had it on a USB Stick, that way nothing should go wrong ;)

It shouldn't format the whole drive, but to be sure, make a backup of your games...

Personally i use a internal harddrive, and when i used USBMU i had it on a USB Stick, that way nothing should go wrong ;)

Oooh damn. I cant back it up cause the size is too big. I dont have extra 500gb on me. Dang I didnt think it was gonna be risky. And I thought im already done with this problem. Haha.

Oooh damn. I cant back it up cause the size is too big. I dont have extra 500gb on me. Dang I didnt think it was gonna be risky. And I thought im already done with this problem. Haha.

Why not go buy a 32GB USB Stick? they're not that expensive... or whatever size you want smaller then that... then just make that into your new USBMU... you can just delete the hidden Xbox 360 folder on your HDD and you'll have removed the USBMU aswell...

Why not go buy a 32GB USB Stick? they're not that expensive... or whatever size you want smaller then that... then just make that into your new USBMU... you can just delete the hidden Xbox 360 folder on your HDD and

you'll have removed the USBMU aswell...

Nah I can't. I still have spac left on that hdd and I don't wanna plug another usb on y box. So should I do what you said? Ur not sure if its gonna formmat the whole drive or not?

Nah I can't. I still have spac left on that hdd and I don't wanna plug another usb on y box. So should I do what you said? Ur not sure if its gonna formmat the whole drive or not?

It shouldn't, as it's already the correct format, and it does have enough space... but i make no garantuees that it won't...

It shouldn't, as it's already the correct format, and it does have enough space... but i make no garantuees that it won't...

I just accessed the storage settings on the original xbox dashboard... And I could see the memory unit which is my HDD (where my fsd and games are.). I see "remove xbox 360 storage". Im scared of doing it but kinda positive about doing it since the capacity on the details is only 12Gb. Im thinking its partitioned. And that 12gb is the USBMU and NOT the part where the fsd and my games are? 

EDIT: Ok i just removed the storage... AND it didnt deleted fsd and my games! Thank God. That damn Alien game is the worst. I'll probably just now play it. I just need to get my gta v back.

Recreate the mu, but dont forget to customize the size. there is an option, then set it to size you want. I have never had it erase the drive with this method.

Yes. I already did it. The USBMU now is completely empty without formatting the other partition of the drive. 

Now how can i have the content folder? Can i just create it or not? Cause i wanna transfer GTAV disc 1 there.

Yes. I already did it. The USBMU now is completely empty without formatting the other partition of the drive. 

Now how can i have the content folder? Can i just create it or not? Cause i wanna transfer GTAV disc 1 there.

I'd recommend creating it on your console, then using the F3 filemanager putting the GTA V files there...