RealModScene
JPizzle

PCSXR 360 By Ced2911

Hi guys, could u please give me a proper guide how can ìnstall this?

If i boot the xex, PCSXR just hang on a white screen with a grey arrow at the left and a few buttons on the bottom. After 5 sec the console shutdown.

Seems like it can't find the right path...

Hi guys, could u please give me a proper guide how can ìnstall this?

If i boot the xex, PCSXR just hang on a white screen with a grey arrow at the left and a few buttons on the bottom. After 5 sec the console shutdown.

Seems like it can't find the right path...

You just put the folder in your external USB

make a folder called "Emulators" then go to content in Freestyle and add USB:/Emulators 

Btw the PCSXR 360 v2.0.9 is working great. Crash Team Racing is almost 100% perfect.  

One question: will using the filters make the game slower?

• Like 1

Thanks to all

I have a question
Can I play four hands of control ?

Like the game Crash Bash

Thanks to all

I have a question
Can I play four hands of control ?

Like the game Crash Bash

The game doesnt run well on the xbox anyways, if you want to play classic ps1,ps2 get a fat ps3 (4 usb ver.) and hack it! 

• Like 1

The game doesnt run well on the xbox anyways, if you want to play classic ps1,ps2 get a fat ps3 (4 usb ver.) and hack it! 

Game Crash Bash works well for the Xbox 360

I am a fan of the Xbox 360 and I hope that comes Update for pcsxr supports playing more than three players

Offhand, does anyone know why PCSXR would freeze on a phat right after program starts? no response from controller and when you hit home, the sound is audible but nothing displays.

I've ftp'd different versions and they all do the same thing. Even tried fresh downloads hosted here, same issue.

He has a Phat Falcon RGH2

dashlaunch v3.15

dash 17349

This is the emulator I pulled off of my Trinity which works with no problems at all for my friends console. Just doesnt work on his...

Anything I might need to update that would fix this issue?

No plugins are installed.

The only thing non-standard that I can see is a fakeanim config that works perfectly fine

I would check dash launch plugins

No plugins are installed.

The only thing non-standard that I can see is a fakeanim config that works perfectly fine

it appears to be frozen, its a menu bug, hold right trigger then the left one and vice versa then it should work. 

• Like 1

Really? Next time I speak to him I'll ask him to try that. Thanks man!

it appears to be frozen, its a menu bug, hold right trigger then the left one and vice versa then it should work. 

hi guys, this is the new version :thumbup: here's a copy/paste from the readme file

source and bin files

http://www.filedropper.com/pcsxr-360210

* pxsxr 360 2.1.0 FEATURES

- Just one build. No more 2 builds(old and new cdr plugin). Cdda
  games are working fine and the compatibility was maintained (dead or
  alive and others games), in a single default.xex

- Added option to exit to dash on main menu.(right thumb click button)

- Added linear filter options(again)

- Fixed the weird characters that appears in the end of the text when you load a game guide. Byte order mark issues. Still, remember to
  set any gameguide text on notepad to unicode big endian format ( File->save as, then change from ansi to unicode big endian, then save the    gameguide.txt).

- Back("B") button is really a back button now, like it should be, in the main menu. On previous version, this button was used to load the
  profile settings,sorry for my stupidity :p  

- Added cpu bias option. Turning this option "on" will make the emulator run faster,
  setting the bias in the core to "3", but it
  will underclock the psx cpu. It's good for some
  games that dont use the full psx power, most 2d games or some
  3d games with less cpu demand like brigandine. Heavy cpu games (tekken 2,3) will suffer from a lot of slowdowns.

- Added Front mission 3 fix on main menu

* Bug regression-freeze fixes

- Soul Calibur(when you finish the game)
- Tomb Raider 3 (when entering on ingame menu and try to return to the game again)
- Brave Fencer Musashi (voices)
- Valkirie Profile (BGM)

* Freeze Fix

- Front Mission 3 (random freezes in battles when your wanzer or the enemy wanzer has the legs smashed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important notes about the fixes and other stuff.

Some people are getting trouble to make the emulator work. It seems a compatibility issue between the new versions of freestyle dash and the emulator. For now, the only workaround i know is use a old version of freestyle. I'm using freestyle 3.0 revision 483 and it works fine :)

These fixes was not made by me. It was made thanks to efforts of lots of devs(shalma,edgbla,notaz,ckain and a lot others from the pscsx,
pcsx-df and reloaded teams. Big thanks to these devs, and of course, to ced2911, that brought to us the first stable 360 release :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

source code included with this version

cheers !!!

cmkn1983

• Like 4

@cmkn1983  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

@devilhunter Also thank you, my friend tried your suggestion on unfreezing his emulator and it worked.

hi guys, this is the new version :thumbup: here's a copy/paste from the readme file

source and bin files

http://www.filedropper.com/pcsxr-360210

* pxsxr 360 2.1.0 FEATURES

cmkn1983

Thanks a lot, I will try that. 

Im not trying to play Mr. Critic, but I found that the previous version of the emulator run Silent Hill with the colors a bit off (a hint of purple and pink). The Xell ver runs some games better for some odd reason. The emulator is more than great overall and Im happy to be using it :)

One last question though, why the development stopped for the Xell ver.? Why the development continued into xbox 360 sdk? 

@cmkn1983  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

@devilhunter Also thank you, my friend tried your suggestion on unfreezing his emulator and it worked.

Glad I helped a board member :D 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, I will try that. 

Im not trying to play Mr. Critic, but I found that the previous version of the emulator run Silent Hill with the colors a bit off (a hint of purple and pink). The Xell ver runs some games better for some odd reason. The emulator is more than great overall and Im happy to be using it :)

One last question though, why the development stopped for the Xell ver.? Why the development continued into xbox 360 sdk? 

i think ced2911 is the only guy that worked on libxenon version. The reasons about his choice to stop the xell version and start a sdk from the scratch is unknown, maybe because the libxenon was discontinued by his main developer, gligli. And i agree, the libxenon has some advantages like the hw gpu plugin. The sdk version still use a old pete software plugin for graphics. That's why there's some glitches on some games, like silent hill.

Oh, Im assuming your building plugins from scratch also, if this is the case, there are tons of efforts on this emu compared to the pc vers. 

Wish I could donate to you or to the project team, thats the only way I could help you out. 

Thanks for the answers. 

• Like 1

Oh, Im assuming your building plugins from scratch also, if this is the case, there are tons of efforts on this emu compared to the pc vers. 

Wish I could donate to you or to the project team, thats the only way I could help you out. 

Thanks for the answers. 

first, sorry for the bad english :p

thanks man, but you dont need to worry about donations for me. i'm not real a dev. Far from it.  it's just for fun ^^ but i really would like to see  more improvements on pcsx360 and other emulators

ported to the xbox360 :)

on pcsxr-360 side, some games, like pro evolution soccer, crash team racing and others, stops for a miliseconds then goes back to normal in gameplay. it's very annoying, and i tought that was my fault, but this issue seems to happen since ced's first official release. ced didn't notice, and the issue was not fixed. For my part, for now, i've no clue how to fix it :(

The hw gpu is a real good stuff to add on. i remember that ced worked on a hw gpu, and he showed some screens of a WIP hw gpu, but he lost interest soon after find problems between the hw gpu and the xbox gui(xui). Some time later, when i was playing around with his sources, I was able to compile the hw gpu, but unfortunately, all the games are unplayable due the lots of glitches.

It seems only 2 problems, but they are big thinking about coding. But the source is out. who knows. Any skillfull coder(it's hard to find 360 coders these days) with free time are free to grab the project :)

• Like 1

Hi
Thanks, glad you guys liked it :)

Crash team racing is not working on this build. Sorry for my mistake guys :(

But is easy to make it to work again.

here's the binary fixed :  http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/cSX7M4hH/file.html

or if you have the tools to compile the source and enjoy compile some code :) ,take a look in the source code and serch for the spu.c file on plugins folder.

find this lines of code in the "MAINProc" func on spu.c

#if 0
 if(pMixIrq && irqCallback)
   {
    for(ns=0;ns<NSSIZE;ns++)
     {
      if((spuCtrl&0x40) && pSpuIrq && pSpuIrq<spuMemC+0x1000)
       {
        for(ch=0;ch<4;ch++)
         {
          if(pSpuIrq>=pMixIrq+(ch*0x400) && pSpuIrq<pMixIrq+(ch*0x400)+2)
           {irqCallback();s_chan[ch].iIrqDone=1;}
         }
       }
      pMixIrq+=2;if(pMixIrq>spuMemC+0x3ff) pMixIrq=spuMemC;
     }
   }

#endif

we must include this code again in the build.
just replace #if 0 by #if 1 and the game will work again.

NOTES: I really don't know if doing this will break other games( seems the only game that really need this to work ), so i will not release a new version.  For now here's a compiled source with crash team racing working. It's the same source released from 2.1.0 version, but with this fix above included again. Just replace the default.xex file.

* After some research, the miliseconds freeze issue that happen in some games like ISSS pro evolution and crash team racing, happen in other psx emulators as well like mednafen-psx. It only happes if you load games from a hdd. It works fine using a usb flash drive.

cheers !!

cmkn1983

• Like 3

Great work man. I'm glad someone is still working on this.

Mind if i ask you a few questions?
 * Is there any way to autoboot games like the (really) old version? (psx.iso)
 * CDDA games like Pepsiman and Gekido have music now? If so, does this version let us select the .cue file? (Last version didn't show files with this extension).

Thanks for everything!

EDIT: Can't download from filedropper. The file size it's always 0kb. Can anybody upload it on a different server?

bbCoWMw.jpg

Great work man. I'm glad someone is still working on this.

Mind if i ask you a few questions?

* Is there any way to autoboot games like the (really) old version? (psx.iso)

* CDDA games like Pepsiman and Gekido have music now? If so, does this version let us select the .cue file? (Last version didn't show files with this extension).

Thanks for everything!

EDIT: Can't download from filedropper. The file size it's always 0kb. Can anybody upload it on a different server?

Hello, same for me, the file size it's 0Kb.

Can anybody upload it on a different server please?

Thank in advance for yout share.

Hi ... i have a stupid question but when i'm on a game, i can't found how to show the menu to change filter or use savestate ???

I can't come back to the rom list too :(

Thanks

devilhunter, it seems the pokopon plugin used for input is compatible with multitap stuff, but i don't know if pscx-reloaded is compatible. i'll take a look on this :)

letmebe, dreamboy( the guy that made the second version of pcsxr-360) made the gui, he added some code to hide the cue, ccd files on filebrowser, but the cue file is important since the emulator read the cue to play the tracks. Just load the bin file. If the .cue is good, it will play the cdda tracks fine. btw, thanks for upload the emu again :thumbup:

darknior, just press start and back together to open the ingame menu options.

Just remeber to download this file guys
http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/cSX7M4hH/file.html
It's a fix for crash team racing that was broken on 2.1.0 version.

Edited by cmkn_1983
  • Like 1