RealModScene
JPizzle

PCSXR 360 By Ced2911

Hi guys,

I dont know why but i tried to play a German version of Final Fantasy with the newest PCSXR but whenever i start the game i just get a black screen. Tried 3 different .bin's but always the same. Maybe you know why?

Hi guys,

I dont know why but i tried to play a German version of Final Fantasy with the newest PCSXR but whenever i start the game i just get a black screen. Tried 3 different .bin's but always the same. Maybe you know why?

Are you talking about final fantasy origins? wich version? v1.0 , v1.1, v1.2? wich settings did you use?

Thank you for continuing the awesome work for the xbox 360. Any chance we can get you to look into porting an N64 Emulator to XDK. I have the code for love64 some where, but it is far from finished, as the whole video plugin needed to be rewritten for directX, instead of openGL. I dont even think it compiled, but the XeLove team released the code to their projects, and this was included. I dont know what would be needed, but it would be awesome to have included, as I hate having to reboot into xell, and running it all off of a flash drive. i would work on it, but I have no experience programming with DirectX, let alone PowerPC architecture. I really need to go back to school to learn these things at some point.

Good evening for now im just working on pcsxr360 once i got time i might work on other projects as i'd like to add and use some stuff on xbox 360. i think you can boot mupen64.elf from aurora file manager instead of rebooting into xell all the time, at least i boot into xmplayer just fine that way. althoght n64 emulator would be nice with XDK 

• Like 2

You can boot it from aurora, but you still need to store roms on a USB Device. :( That is the part I dont like. That and some games have some serious graphics glitches.... Zelda OOT, for example(Best 64 Game Ever).

• Like 1

You can boot it from aurora, but you still need to store roms on a USB Device. :( That is the part I dont like. That and some games have some serious graphics glitches.... Zelda OOT, for example(Best 64 Game Ever).

sometime ago on older builds you could boot from internal hdd but i think they removed the option because of red screen segmentation issue, i had it too sometimes when i load the games from internal hdd. we could re-add it if we have latest libxenon toolchain working + source code. also in the last build i verified that when you load the roms there's no loading bar anymore, and it was working before on older builds with zlx lib..  i dont know who has the latest toolchain build. Is the libxenon github the latest one @Swizzy? in the earlier times i always used gligli version but now i dunno who's got the updated version its been so long..

The latest one I knew about was at free60.org, but I havnt seen any updates there in a long time, so I couldnt say what the lates toolchain is. :( Swizzy would know, as he is/was a libxenon dev. 

The latest code for both are on https://github.com/libxenon and https://github.com/free60

I have a script posted somewhere on here that should install/compile the latest version of every lib required to compile all the libxenon homebrew on github including the toolchain...

The issue is in the toolchain, breaking changes to the driver for HDD/DVD communication... i'm fairly certain it would work in mupen64 if you just get libxenon working again...

For the record, the red screen means there was a fatal exception, usually caused by a bad pointer ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

thank you :) i'll dig around on the forum. yeah i kinda remember @Tuxuser saying something on those lines, i think i have somewhere a picture of that happening xD if i find my old redscreen i'll post it here lol just for fun  ;)  it was on my first falcon jtag

Are you talking about final fantasy origins? wich version? v1.0 , v1.1, v1.2? wich settings did you use?

Sorry forgot to mention that.. The game is Final Fantasy 8 Pal German. There are not many versions out there..

On another emuiator for PC the game works fine. Or the PAL English works fine aswell on PCSXR.. Which settings you talk about? I am kinda new to this homebrew things!

Sorry forgot to mention that.. The game is Final Fantasy 8 Pal German. There are not many versions out there..

On another emuiator for PC the game works fine. Or the PAL English works fine aswell on PCSXR.. Which settings you talk about? I am kinda new to this homebrew things!

i'll test it out once i got home, gonna be 2 days away from home but once i get home ill check it and report to you ;)

• Like 1

Okay thank you!

it seams you need to patch the game with ppf patch because pal versions of the game has antipiracy measures..

edit: yup its true just tested out it works now after patching.. since this is related to piracy i cant discuss it more.. for obvious reasons, but at least you know it works

DSC_0055.jpg

• Like 1

Okay now it works. But it is hard laggy. Sometimes the music just slows down or stutters for a second. Hard stuttering in video sequences aswell. Maybe you can try to optimize emulator for this game. =) Another emu works flawless with the same Iso! Thanks for your work!

Hi everyone merry christmas.

Here's whats going on atm on PCSX-R360:

Aurora rom loading is working now with game profile, the game profile feature is now fully working, you can now setup by pressing Y and it will show the right settings for each game so you dont need to load profile by pressing a button anymore :) 

The cover modes are in sync now when you switch between them, the autoboot iso is now working with game profile too and you will be able to assign an autoboot iso in the gui :) the default one is psx.iso.

Atm im testing everything for bugs but all looks good so far, im going do add the capability to change memory cards and to change bios you can always use the default one if you'd like. I'll be checking up the multitap soon i've got 2 controller + 2 guitars now so = 4 controllers in total :)

I'll start working on the new game gameguide soon too since UI fixes are pratically done :)

Have a good day everyone

• Like 4

Hi dreamboy, Many thanks for all your work ^^ 

I would like to say some tips to add to this emulator, would be great to be able to select format ratio of screen like just to Retroarch: 16.9, 16.10, 4.3, 1.1, custom (to make to measure and so some games not occupy all, if dealing with to full screen) and more.

Also would be awesome Select keys for menu ingame, many games used in PSX select + start to reset and other functions, If I could choose in options between LB + Back + Start or LT + Back + Start, etc... It would end the problem ;-)

again thank you for all your work, and pnor Please note this, would be very happy to see it implemented in this great emulator :-)

Sorry for my english, is very bad... ><

Hi dreamboy, Many thanks for all your work ^^ 

I would like to say some tips to add to this emulator, would be great to be able to select format ratio of screen like just to Retroarch: 16.9, 16.10, 4.3, 1.1, custom (to make to measure and so some games not occupy all, if dealing with to full screen) and more.

Also would be awesome Select keys for menu ingame, many games used in PSX select + start to reset and other functions, If I could choose in options between LB + Back + Start or LT + Back + Start, etc... It would end the problem ;-)

again thank you for all your work, and pnor Please note this, would be very happy to see it implemented in this great emulator :-)

Sorry for my english, is very bad... ><

I'll check it later on the subject, meanwhile i've changed osdmenu to show when you press lb+rb+a+b+x+y i think its better this way, what do you think ?

• Like 2

Hello friends,

I've been watching this forum for awhile but i couldn't help but to post this time. I've had my jtag xbox for a long time now. In the beginning i tried all pcsxr versions. I wanted to use the latest, but sadly only the old ones work for me. More specifically, Emu2.rar . So sometimes i must resort to using the alpha xell version even if i dont want to. Please help me, it happens ever since version 2.0.7, the moment the emulator loads up showing folders it freezes. I've been successful in running all types of games and emulators of any kind on my xbox360. This is the only one that i cant figure out. Im also surprised why there have been no other posts about this.

Hello friends,

I've been watching this forum for awhile but i couldn't help but to post this time. I've had my jtag xbox for a long time now. In the beginning i tried all pcsxr versions. I wanted to use the latest, but sadly only the old ones work for me. More specifically, Emu2.rar . So sometimes i must resort to using the alpha xell version even if i dont want to. Please help me, it happens ever since version 2.0.7, the moment the emulator loads up showing folders it freezes. I've been successful in running all types of games and emulators of any kind on my xbox360. This is the only one that i cant figure out. Im also surprised why there have been no other posts about this.

Would probably be helpful if you would post some information about what you have in the folder scanned for games as something there is likely causing the system to crash...

Just the usual, 1_memory_card, Akiretres (U), RetroArcade. These are just the default contents of the 'games' folder, so i have not touched it. When the emulator starts up it shows the folder with an arrow. But at this point, nothing can be touched because its all frozen. I have also tried puting a 'roms' folder with the games but when i start up it will display Akiretres and others next to the arrow folder but nothing can be pressed. Its all unresponsive. Any tips pls?

Ive also tried removing all contents of 'games' folder, it didn't help either.

Oddly enough, i have two xbox360s both jtag. I tried the procedure ive described with pcsxr 2.0.7 and above, it also crashes. Even downgrading my FSD as adviced in the readme file didnt help either. I must be doing something wrong

Just the usual, 1_memory_card, Akiretres (U), RetroArcade. These are just the default contents of the 'games' folder, so i have not touched it. When the emulator starts up it shows the folder with an arrow. But at this point, nothing can be touched because its all frozen. I have also tried puting a 'roms' folder with the games but when i start up it will display Akiretres and others next to the arrow folder but nothing can be pressed. Its all unresponsive. Any tips pls?

Ive also tried removing all contents of 'games' folder, it didn't help either.

Oddly enough, i have two xbox360s both jtag. I tried the procedure ive described with pcsxr 2.0.7 and above, it also crashes. Even downgrading my FSD as adviced in the readme file didnt help either. I must be doing something wrong

that bug has been fixed and it will be on the next release ;) have a great day

• Like 4

On 12/9/2016 at 9:40 AM, Swizzy said:

The latest code for both are on https://github.com/libxenon and https://github.com/free60

I have a script posted somewhere on here that should install/compile the latest version of every lib required to compile all the libxenon homebrew on github including the toolchain...

The issue is in the toolchain, breaking changes to the driver for HDD/DVD communication... i'm fairly certain it would work in mupen64 if you just get libxenon working again...

For the record, the red screen means there was a fatal exception, usually caused by a bad pointer ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Why you would need dvd communication anyways if you are running mupen64? Im not a dev or experienced programmer but I remember to get the latest muppen to work on hitachi drive. 

3 minutes ago, devilhunter said:

Why you would need dvd communication anyways if you are running mupen64? Im not a dev or experienced programmer but I remember to get the latest muppen to work on hitachi drive. 

i don't think it actually attempts to use the DVD, but, it initialize SATA which initiates communication with the DVD