RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
inovateqsa

Freestyle Dash Rev 735 - Internet not working correctly

Alright, I am currently at a loss on what to do, So I need some help.

Here's the problem:

I Have Freestyle dash rev 735, and I boot off a USB - I find it far easier to update off a usb as all I need to do is simply delete my previous FSD and copy over the new one, and I have never tried setting up automatic updates, although I wanted to try setting them up after installing the new dash.

I am trying to get internet working on my RGH Console and no matter how hard I try it simply will not work correctly. 

I went to the Microsoft dash, set up a connection - So I know my IP is correct, then booted into Freestyle and was able to see my IP at the bottom left. After connecting my Xbox with my LINK account (Actually clicking 'connect') I then attempted to download covers, and aside from an insanely slow download speed of between 0-5kbps it was working.

But then I noticed the problems:I cannot get title updates - whenever I open the title updates there are always 0 listed.

Same thing happens when I go to the freestyle update section - 0 plugins or updates listed, after a while I get a "No network connection detected".

Weather will not work - the 'search' button is disabled so I cannot set a location.

And the one I find most irritating is LINK : I have a Tenda W300D router, Upnp is Enabled, I have used port triggering on ports 1981-1984, set the data and broadcast ports in LINK to 1822 and 1823 respectively and made sure that devlink is disable and Pingpatch is enabled.

Yet whenever I run a test I always fail both TCP and UDP, however Everything else passes, such as my account authorization.

The only other strange behavior I have noticed is that in the microsoft dash when i test PC connection, I cannot see any of the PC's on the network (I do not know if this is normal or not, since I didn't try to set it up to connect to my PC's yet), obviously I didn't test the LIVE connection.

I can honestly see no reason whatsoever for this not to be working, Please could someone with better insight help me?

hello

i will try to do my best to help you but i need further informations ....

First of all , what is your kernel version ?? if you have lower than 15574 , you should update your dash and avatar using autogg 0.9 fixed ( it's a AIO soft )

1) for meteo , you have to enter your own API key ( ask it on http://www.worldweatheronline.com/register.aspx )

2) netwok configuration :

your xbox is connected directly to your Tenda w300d router ...maybe you shoud assign to yor xbox mac adress a static ip in your routeur's settings ...

you didn't tell us if LiNK tests found your upnp router or not ?

in both cases , you should redirect used ports ( i have left 3071 and 3072 ports as defaults ) for both tcp and udp to your xbox IP .

( don't forget to use a straight ethernet cable , don't use a croos overcable ( i don't know if xbox is able to swap TX and RX signals on crossover cables)

All your tests have to be true to be able to connect and play on LiNK

btw , i didn't understand why you talked about ports 1822 ,1823 ,1981,1984 ? only 2 ports are required for LiNK

3) Ttile update , covers and more

few friends of mine are complaining about rate transfer speeds when they download covers or TU ... it might be slow depending on servers charges ?

i often reach 1M/s while other may be stuck at 50Ko/s .....

i never had a clear explanation about that .....

4) if you want further help ,  don't hesitate to send mean email, we could communicate through Teamspeak ( althought i am french , i can understand a few words of english )

Don't give up guy , there's always a solution

Best regards , Jéjé le tech ( xLan360 french community ) 

Thanks.

OK, here is some extra info:

1) My Dash/Kernel is currently 16202.

2) I have assigned a Static IP address to my xbox through it's settings -Should I instead clear it's settings and rather set it up through my router?

Note however that for that I do not know where to even begin.

3) I do realize I only need 2 ports forwarded, I forwarded 4 ports simply out of frustration - Set for both TCP and UDP. I Originally tried forwarding just ports 3071 and 3072, Which didn't work either.

4) When testing LINK I get a "Upnp enabled router not found". (I was supposed to mention this in my first post - this was an oversight on my part)

The weather isn't too much of a big deal and I am dead certain I am using an ordinary network cable.

I have even tried using wireless - which gives the exact same results.

I will see if I can assign the IP address for my xbox manually from my router and see if that helps.

Otherwise is there any other things that could cause this? Like something to do with my RGH settings or Dashlaunch (I have Livestrong=False, Liveblock=True).

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your reply

it will reduce the field of investigations ....

1) ok four your kernel version

2) in my xbox settings , everything thing is on automatic , i have assigned a static ip for my xbox in my routeur's settings .... your configuration should also work but you'll never know ... that's worth a try

3) this is the big problem .... if 2) does not correct your problem , you could try to set your xbox ip as DMZ , it will allow all traffic in and out ....

Here are my working settings for dashlaunch 3.07

contpatch , nxemini , nohealth , nooobe , autoshut , devprof ( for my devlink profile ) , exchandler , noupdater are enable

all other disable

Network settings :

pingpatch enable , devlink disabled , liveblock and livestrong enable

all tther disable

see you

Thanks.

OK, here is some extra info:

1) My Dash/Kernel is currently 16202.

2) I have assigned a Static IP address to my xbox through it's settings -Should I instead clear it's settings and rather set it up through my router?

Note however that for that I do not know where to even begin.

3) I do realize I only need 2 ports forwarded, I forwarded 4 ports simply out of frustration - Set for both TCP and UDP. I Originally tried forwarding just ports 3071 and 3072, Which didn't work either.

4) When testing LINK I get a "Upnp enabled router not found". (I was supposed to mention this in my first post - this was an oversight on my part)

The weather isn't too much of a big deal and I am dead certain I am using an ordinary network cable.

I have even tried using wireless - which gives the exact same results.

I will see if I can assign the IP address for my xbox manually from my router and see if that helps.

Otherwise is there any other things that could cause this? Like something to do with my RGH settings or Dashlaunch (I have Livestrong=False, Liveblock=True).

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

I have Upnp enabled on my router and it still says that it is not - does not give me an issue when i connect to Link or anything. Are you playing your games off the external too?

If you are then there is a workaround for the title updates

Ok, I tried to see if I can set a static IP from my router's settings - I cannot.

Either My router doesn't have that function, or it cannot be used while DHCP is enabled.

Even with everything on the xbox set to automatic I still encounter the same problems.

I have everything -games included- on an external, I use almost nothing on the internal hdd. 

How do I go about setting up title updates and DMZ? Or rather - What is DMZ?

Thanks for all the help. If I could at least get the Port tests in LINK to pass I'll be happy.

I have the latest kerenl and dash, using internet over WIFI.

But know i'm downloading a TU for Ghost but it's downloading with 40.0kb/s when my connection is 10mbit

Is this a WIFI problem? Or a setting problem?

I cannot connect to my internet through Xbox it always says "your DNS server can't resolve xbox live connection I have blckd live but wanted to connect to internet my router is netgear dgn2200v4

I cannot connect to my internet through Xbox it always says "your DNS server can't resolve xbox live connection I have blckd live but wanted to connect to internet my router is netgear dgn2200v4

go into the stock MS dashboard and check your network settings, set everything to automatic.

I want to connect to link but I cannot connect to the internet because

"dns server can't resolve xbl server

names" what should I do

Router netgear dgn2200v4

Please reply

I want to connect to link but I cannot connect to the internet because"dns server can't resolve xbl servernames" what should I doRouter netgear dgn2200v4Please reply

That is most likely not really a problem, it's most likely caused by dashlaunch blocking the xbox live servers... and they're not even used by LiNK... so...Just make sure that your settings are set to auto, then check in F3 that you can connect to the outside world using it's networking features instead...

Guys please help!

i'm having a problem to connect to the internet.....i went to Network Settings and i have connected to the network perfectly but when i try to connect to the internet it says "DNS Error" ......is there any solution for this problem....really preciated ...Thanks.