RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Original Xbox Offline DLC installers and JTAG 360

I was just curious if anyone has gotten these to work, I tried one the other day for battlefront, and the dlc showed up in the game, then when I tried to play it, it froze up on loading. :( Am I missing something, or do they just not work propperly on the 360? and if that is the case, does anyone know how to get a hold of the Developers of them, so we can get 360 installers?

• Like 1

I have the retail disc of it (the game i don't think it has dlc) i'll try it out tomorrow & see what happens,the last xbox game i tried didn't work so i didn't bother with any others,i figured i'd just use my original xbox for originals.

compatibility list also shows issues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Star Wars Battlefront

May freeze unexpectedly in main menu; no save icon for the Xbox 360 Dashboard. Minor graphical glitches on aquatic surfaces, such as streams in the ice caves of the Rhen Var: Harbor map, and on the Kashyyyk: Docks map. All glitches are entirely superficial, however, and minor enough to neither affect nor distract from gameplay in any way.

I have the retail disc of it (the game i don't think it has dlc) i'll try it out tomorrow & see what happens,the last xbox game i tried didn't work so i didn't bother with any others,i figured i'd just use my original xbox for originals.

compatibility list also shows issues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Star Wars Battlefront

May freeze unexpectedly in main menu; no save icon for the Xbox 360 Dashboard. Minor graphical glitches on aquatic surfaces, such as streams in the ice caves of the Rhen Var: Harbor map, and on the Kashyyyk: Docks map. All glitches are entirely superficial, however, and minor enough to neither affect nor distract from gameplay in any way.

the DLC isn't on disc, he has the game, if you look, people made offline installers for original XBOX DLC's.. cuz there isnt any "live" support.. there was also 360 installers.. but yeah.. not many.. he was asking if you could convert the installer to work with 360's

Link to those offline installers:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-original-content/downloadable-content/675-xbox-offline-xbox-live-downloadable-content-dlc-installers-downloads.html

• Like 1

I got a hold of Harcroft, who was the original designer of these packs, and he is going to look into the issues, he makes no promises though, as the OG xbox emulator on the 360 is flawed, and said i should ask around the scene to see if any devs would want to take on fixing the issues with it. lol. Considering, that I chat with some of the biggest devs that are currently active in the scene, and they are busy with more important things, I dont think this will happen. :( Especially, since most people dont care that much about OG xbox games. lol.

• Like 1

i would pich in a 150$ if i could get all the old games to work on jtag mainly  def jam  and gladius  and the warriors  along with any dlc and also trainers  would be cool

Any progress on this?  What is the proper location for original xbox TUs & DLC on the xbox 360?

/edit\

In case anyone wonders, these mostly work.  I never got the location but the offline installers worked for me.

Ow there are people into the classic xbox ;) this aint that place tho i think.

yes it is, and this thread is over a year old. This is a fourm pertaining to modded Xboxes, And this thread pertains to using Xbox Content installers on an Xbox 360.

yes it is, and this thread is over a year old. This is a fourm pertaining to modded Xboxes, And this thread pertains to using Xbox Content installers on an Xbox 360.

Im sorry, I should have added the qoute

Especially, since most people dont care that much about OG xbox games. lol.

Im still new here, but yeah the 360 part is active. I do find it a bit weird there isnt any seperate part for xbox one , 360 and the classic. but atleast its allowed and people do seem intrested ;) but why do people keep forgetting that not all games for the classic cant run on the 360 because the 360 is powerpc and the classic is x86?

MS ported some library calls so games that mostly use MS calls, can "easely" run on the xbox360. RollerCoasterTycoon is a wonderfull example of a game that was writting in x86 assembler for PC, so a Xbox port was "easy" back in the day. But then converting the game to PowerPC???

This thread is intresting tho. Sorry If I necrobumped it in anyones opinion.

People don't forget, they just never bothered reading up on that...

As for not having dedicated sections for each model of the console - not alot of discussions specific to classic xbox and/or xbox one... not enough to warrant another subforum for them at this time

Sent from my SM-G903F

Now that I have my classic xbox back up and running, and aurora 0.6b is released, I might write an Aurora Content Download script(Themes, Trainers, etc), and include OG Xbox DLC, and TU's. It wouldnt be that hard, other than finding a server to upload all of the files. I just have to find out if those DLC are considered abandoned ware, since there is no where to get them other than the content installers, which dont really work on the 360..... Well, they do to a degree, but the ones I tried, corrupted the file copy on the 360, and would do funny things like freeze the games on loading. I will have to do some further testing, but I dont know. In therory, the same script could be used for other DLC, but I know that would be Illegal, and I am not going to upload a bunch of DLC to a server that is illegal. I might make it possible to easily add custom repositories though, and others could. ;)  

• Like 1

You can get dlc from the link below for some games as well as majority of og xbox games if not all,their eula as to why they can supply content on whatever servers is something to do with no longer supported games & or can't buy them new.However someone there will know if & what can be shared & most probably will be admin curbside pharmacist

http://www.theisozone.com/

You can get dlc from the link below for some games as well as majority of og xbox games if not all,their eula as to why they can supply content on whatever servers is something to do with no longer supported games & or can't buy them new.However someone there will know if & what can be shared & most probably will be admin curbside pharmacist

http://www.theisozone.com/

I know if I were to add a Download option for OG Xbox Games, it would be illegal, as those games are still protected under copyright laws, and the DMCA. The DLC, are abandonedish, as the only legitimate place to get them was from Xbox Live 1.0, which was shut down in 2010. When this happened, all of that DLC disappeared, excepting what people already had on their consoles, and those which are included in the offline DLC installers. That being said, I have all of the Offline DLC installers already, and I also have all of the TU installers that were released for the OG Xbox, and it totals about 8GB of data. It took forever to download them all, as I had to do them all individually, and the server would only let me download 1 at a time. I spent 3 days just downloading them. I can run them all on my OG Xbox, and then copy the TDATA folder. I just need a server to upload them to, and to know if they fall under abandoned ware. If they are, it would be within the law to upload them, if not they are still protected like all other DLC, and I dont want to promote Piracy within aurora. As for the script, the script downloader from phoenix pretty much has everything that would be needed for a content downloader, with a few minor changes. Would be nice to add an upload feature also, so theme devs could upload their work to the server. the other thing I would want is hash checking on downloads/uploads, which LUA in aurora supports, so it would be a matter of having a hash file on the server, and then having aurora compare the hash of the file to the hash on the server. if it passes, it is done, if it doesnt, it erases the file and tries again. would be nice if it did this for TU files also. 

• Like 2

I know if I were to add a Download option for OG Xbox Games, it would be illegal, as those games are still protected under copyright laws, and the DMCA. The DLC, are abandonedish, as the only legitimate place to get them was from Xbox Live 1.0, which was shut down in 2010. When this happened, all of that DLC disappeared, excepting what people already had on their consoles, and those which are included in the offline DLC installers. That being said, I have all of the Offline DLC installers already, and I also have all of the TU installers that were released for the OG Xbox, and it totals about 8GB of data. It took forever to download them all, as I had to do them all individually, and the server would only let me download 1 at a time. I spent 3 days just downloading them. I can run them all on my OG Xbox, and then copy the TDATA folder. I just need a server to upload them to, and to know if they fall under abandoned ware. If they are, it would be within the law to upload them, if not they are still protected like all other DLC, and I dont want to promote Piracy within aurora. As for the script, the script downloader from phoenix pretty much has everything that would be needed for a content downloader, with a few minor changes. Would be nice to add an upload feature also, so theme devs could upload their work to the server. the other thing I would want is hash checking on downloads/uploads, which LUA in aurora supports, so it would be a matter of having a hash file on the server, and then having aurora compare the hash of the file to the hash on the server. if it passes, it is done, if it doesnt, it erases the file and tries again. would be nice if it did this for TU files also.

No, the dlc is still copyrighted.. and always will be. You still need to have the DRM rights to access the dlc on an unmodded xbox.. the dlc installers are hacked versions, so while technically it is still considered piracy, it is highly unlikely that m$ will pursue anyone over it, hence why other sites such as digiex host them.. but unlike the other site mentioned, they dont have any actual games or copyrighted material(except for the dlc installers). They do have the demo versions of games for the 360, but seeing as they do not circumvent the DRM of those games, completely legal, as they are still fully in demo mode. There could be some legal grey area, but doubtful as they dont circumvent drm.. which was stated within the court case Sony V. George Hotz

• Like 2

i think either way you are screwed if you do, and screwed if you dont. I figure as you can no longer buy them from Microsoft, They cant really complain too much, if there was an easy downloader for them added to a software they dont support anyway, for software they no longer support. And once the script is done, I would be surprised if all of the content uploaders didnt create their own repositories for DLC anyway. Not saying I support piracy, but it wouldnt be hard to set up a "Non" supported repository, and have people upload their DLC, Avatar Items, and Possibly even games there. I mean, alot of XBLS services have a money patch, that allows you to download the content directly from microsoft without paying for it and spoof Gold membership, and those people seem to get away with it..... so who knows.

• Like 1