RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Network Debugging

Since 0.6b we've added a plugin we've used during development named "Netdbg" which basically transmits the debug log over the network...

Along with that, we also had a PC client that lets us read it's contents on-the-fly, this is particularly useful when working on a new Utility Script as it allows you to see what happens with your script

I've attached both tools below, installation is simple:

Copy "Plugins" to your Aurora directory, run the tool on your computer (and allow it in your firewall if windows asks) and do stuff in Aurora, you'll see it immediately populate the log with information coming from Aurora =)

NOTE: This may have bugs in it we haven't found, but, in general it should be working fine, if you find a bug, post about it here =)

AuroraNetworkDebug.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any way I can translate utility scripts?

Both yes and no, you'd have to make a localized version of the script, by essentially making a copy of it with your translations...

What files should I translate into the script folder?

main.lua and possibly others, you have to read and understand the script in order to translate it

Sent from my SM-G903F

smb.xex /dll is missing it tells me.

It's a good log viewer. It would be nice too be able to read the log in Aurora itself.

That's fine as we haven't released it yet... it's not finished...

We might add something to view the log using other methods aswell (besides downloading it from the console)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thank you for releasing this, it will come in handy solving issues in scripting. as i have been ftping my debug log every time there is an error, this will make my life so much easier. In other news finally getting the hang of LUA, not that hard once you get a handle on it. ;)

So some modules are referenced (hardcoded) in Aurora, like smb, while others will get scanned from the Plugins directory? Maybe smb is an exceptional case.

So some modules are referenced (hardcoded) in Aurora, like smb, while others will get scanned from the Plugins directory? Maybe smb is an exceptional case.

No, they're all referenced, sort of... it checks the plugins folder for each plugin we have a defined interface for, it might be that some of our "internal" plugins aren't printing errors when not found (such as this debug one, the coverflow editor one and so on) the less "common" ones to use...

SMB isn't finished, and has not been included for that very reason...

Bug Report: The Windows Application crashes when you print String like HTML with bunch of special characters (\, ?, <, ....)

It means that there is a error with how we generate the json data, i'll upload a new build that catches the error and handle it somehow tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G903F

It would be nice, if we can "tail" on the "debug.log" from Aurora.

That Log provides all the needed information.

58 minutes ago, saywaking said:

It would be nice, if we can "tail" on the "debug.log" from Aurora.

That Log provides all the needed information.

What do you mean exactly?

You want this to broadcast the previous log? this was released primarily for those wanting to work on utility scripts, so they can see what's going on with their script

the tool does not really show all information caused by latencies. If there is an exception or error you wont see logs everytime if the script already stopped working and lost connection.

the only wax to find out what happened is to look into the debug.log which always logs anything and is saved permanently. I have to grab that file via ftp and read the log. It would be good if this log is readable too with this tool, not only a specific script output which is not always logged because of timing issues.

Edit: Nevermind: It does indeet output the debug.log file