RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Strategist

I deleted "default.xex", now can't play any game

Hey there, I store every game on my hdd. Today while playing PES 16 I noticed that it needs some updating as a lot of players are where they shouldn't, so considering I can't connect to internet I googled some tutorials about how to update it. I finished up downloading a program called Horizon, where I have to open the updates downloaded from some sites. After some issues and unsuccessful attempts I somehow ended up deleting the file "default.xex" located inside the game's folder. Then I reconnect the hdd to the xbox and try to play PES and it says something like "the game cannot be opened, download it again, visit support xbox dot com bla bla bla", and the same thing happens with every game... I tried recovering the file with a program but I didn't have luck. Then I tried with some original games I have in disc and they worked. After a lot of searching, so far, I have 2 options: 1) Clearing cache data 2) Reinstalling FS3. What do you think? About the option 2, would be okay just deleting the "Freestyle" folder in my external hard drive and install it again?. Thanks!!

UPDATE: I SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY UPDATING TO AURORA. EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW, BETTER THAN BEFORE THOUGH!!

How about you pull the default.xex from your disc and put it back in its place? The default.xex is basically the xb360 equivalent to a pc apps *.exe

Without it, cant open the program.. until you place it back.. reinstalling fsd/aurora isnt necessary, but reinstalling that particular .xex is..

• Like 1

Only pes16 should not work for you..

All other games should because they have no connection to pes16

Default.xex is a kind of launcher.. What you can try is get a default.xex for the game from google.. There are a few sites that have "default.xex collections"

It gives you that error because there is no launcher to launch the game..

So if no games on your hdd work then itmay be some other problem.. Dont know if clearing cache will help in this issue.. But you can try it..

Reinstallling fsd also wont be likely to solve this issue..

And also another thing you somehow deleted the default.xex of pes16 right?

If you want to reinstall fsd3 then delete and replace.. You're right..

Sidenote- fsd is old and abandoned.. Replaced by more stable Aurora..

• Like 2

How about you pull the default.xex from your disc and put it back in its place? The default.xex is basically the xb360 equivalent to a pc apps *.exe

Without it, cant open the program.. until you place it back.. reinstalling fsd/aurora isnt necessary, but reinstalling that particular .xex is..

I think I already tried that. I mean, after deleting permanently the file, the first thing I did was downloading another one from internet. Sorry if im wrong, kinda noob in this stuff. Thanks for your reply btw

Only pes16 should not work for you..

All other games should because they have no connection to pes16

Default.xex is a kind of launcher.. What you can try is get a default.xex for the game from google.. There are a few sites that have "default.xex collections"

It gives you that error because there is no launcher to launch the game..

So if no games on your hdd work then itmay be some other problem.. Dont know if clearing cache will help in this issue.. But you can try it..

Reinstallling fsd also wont be likely to solve this issue..

And also another thing you somehow deleted the default.xex of pes16 right?

If you want to reinstall fsd3 then delete and replace.. You're right..

Sidenote- fsd is old and abandoned.. Replaced by more stable Aurora..

Thats what I found weird, just by deleting a file from PES folder then I cannot play anything! I dont think that this problem arose when I installed TU's with Horizon.

I already tried downloading another "default.xex" file, twice, but still nothing... Thanks for your reply :)

I would strongly recommend that you delete all data from the games which aren't working and extract them again from the original iso or get a new iso and redo them...

What kernel are you on? Might need an update there aswell...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Nope, nothing works

What kernel are you on?

Sent from my SM-G903F