RealModScene
stanley789

DVD drive doesnt read game disc

Hello everyone gat my Rgh plays only DVD and cd but when game disc insidetit says play dvd can someone help?

What console do you have? 

you've got a mismatched dvd key. Your motherboard and dvd tray are married, i.e. without modifications only your original disc tray will work with your motherboard.  Either somebody has incorrectly flashed your dvd tray and accidentally put the wrong key on it, or (more likely) someone replaced your old dvd tray with a new one (probably because the old one was no longer reading discs) and never bothered to install the old pcb board onto the new dvd tray.

you've got a mismatched dvd key. Your motherboard and dvd tray are married, i.e. without modifications only your original disc tray will work with your motherboard. Either somebody has incorrectly flashed your dvd tray and accidentally put the wrong key on it, or (more likely) someone replaced your old dvd tray with a new one (probably because the old one was no longer reading discs) and never bothered to install the old pcb board onto the new dvd tray.

Well since it is a rgh, you could always read dvd key(reading key is easily done for slims), and patch the nand with key.. problem solved.. unless fcrt.bin is required..

Well since it is a rgh, you could always read dvd key(reading key is easily done for slims), and patch the nand with key.. problem solved.. unless fcrt.bin is required..

how do i do it

how do i do it

There are youtube videos explaining this mate.. a lil googling will give you the answer ;-)

you've got a mismatched dvd key. Your motherboard and dvd tray are married, i.e. without modifications only your original disc tray will work with your motherboard.  Either somebody has incorrectly flashed your dvd tray and accidentally put the wrong key on it, or (more likely) someone replaced your old dvd tray with a new one (probably because the old one was no longer reading discs) and never bothered to install the old pcb board onto the new dvd tray.

If that was the case the green light on front of the console would flash repeatedly tray open or closed unless slims are different from phats but if they the same then marriage is out of the question as the DVD ROM ain't been flashed. 

If that was the case the green light on front of the console would flash repeatedly tray open or closed unless slims are different from phats but if they the same then marriage is out of the question as the DVD ROM ain't been flashed.

If the DVDKey isn't a match to the one in the keyvault, it simply won't read any games... old ones will play a video either with the Xbox 360 logo or with text saying you need to put this disc in a Xbox 360, new ones will simply go back to the dash instead...

The only reason for the front led to blink is if the dvd drive is broken, not connected or if the firmware has been removed completely

Flashed a few back in the day with wrong keys that was always the outcome and worked fine when the correct key was restored LED always blinked with wrong key but like I stated slims may be different I've never unlocked one if those

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Flashed a few back in the day with wrong keys that was always the outcome and worked fine when the correct key was restored LED always blinked with wrong key but like I stated slims may be different I've never unlocked one if those

Neither phat nor slim have the blinking led when the key is wrong, it must've been something else causing the problem you had, such as not fully connected cables, or even a bad firmware written to the board...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Neither phat nor slim have the blinking led when the key is wrong, it must've been something else causing the problem you had, such as not fully connected cables, or even a bad firmware written to the board...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Possible and I've just attributed it to that fault not gonna argue with an expert lol. Was wanting to try my first 360 mobo exploit got a few old phats a Jr programmer cool runner (says corona if that means anything) solder station and such wish me luck [emoji15]