RealModScene
sephikratos

Aurora- content scanning disconnected

Whenever I entry aurora I would manage paths (in the content scaning) so that I can play my games. The problem is when I return back to aurora my games are appearing dark and I can't play them. I checked the content scanning and it appears that the paths I created is disconnected, and so I deleted and created a new one. I have to do this everytime i go back to aurora. Can anybody tell me what I'am doing wrong so that i don´t have to create a path whenever I want to play...  

You can't play games if the source is not connected to the port the games were scanned from,so use the other usb port

You miss understand.Think of the usb ports as drive letters like on a pc,If you had aurora scan usb 0 where your external was then unplugged then placed it in usb 1,aurora would be looking for usb 0 would it not so it doesn't matter where aurora is,if the scan path doesn't match you wont be able to play the games

You miss understand.Think of the usb ports as drive letters like on a pc,If you had aurora scan usb 0 where your external was then unplugged then placed it in usb 1,aurora would be looking for usb 0 would it not so it doesn't matter where aurora is,if the scan path doesn't match you wont be able to play the games

That's not correct, Aurora saves the scanned directories with the device serial, if the device doesn't have a serial one will be randomly generated by the system...

Also, USB# are based on which order they were detected in not what port was used

First of all, put Aurora on internal HDD... Then, add paths to aurora... and if you have all games on usb you have following situation when aurora (xbox) starts:

If USB# connected -all the games from usb are on and you can play...

if USB# not connected -all the games from usb are grayed out (off)...

else...

endif

:D:p

If he's using content scanning over smb that could be the issue as sometimes the pc hdd goes to sleep lol had that happen once or twice

First of all, put Aurora on internal HDD... Then, add paths to aurora... and if you have all games on usb you have following situation when aurora (xbox) starts:

If USB# connected -all the games from usb are on and you can play...

if USB# not connected -all the games from usb are grayed out (off)...

else...

endif

:D:p

I get the second one.. Even after installing aurora in xbox hdd and adding paths. Like I said in the beginning I can play the games but when I return to aurora menu they appear grayed out even though the usb is insert to xbox port in the content scanning it appears disconnected

Check file manager to see if drive is still visible after games are grayed out.The thing that doesn't make sense is being able to play a game,the 360 can't store a whole game in memory as there isn't enough of it,so the 360 can still see the drive while playing,perhaps download a fresh copy of aurora but by ethernet & try again,also grab a copy of fsd

@ swizzy

Do'h

I get the second one.. Even after installing aurora in xbox hdd and adding paths. Like I said in the beginning I can play the games but when I return to aurora menu they appear grayed out even though the usb is insert to xbox port in the content scanning it appears disconnected

Does "return to aurora menu" mean exiting the game and launching aurora or rebooting the console? if it's a console reboot involved, it's likely because the HDD is a bad one that don't follow the standards (it doesn't report a serial number, generally it's not so much the HDD itself it's the USB -> SATA interface that does this) which there's no way to fix except replace the USB -> SATA interface, which means getting a new HDD Enclosure for your HDD

Does "return to aurora menu" mean exiting the game and launching aurora or rebooting the console? if it's a console reboot involved, it's likely because the HDD is a bad one that don't follow the standards (it doesn't report a serial number, generally it's not so much the HDD itself it's the USB -> SATA interface that does this) which there's no way to fix except replace the USB -> SATA interface, which means getting a new HDD Enclosure for your HDD
What I meant to say by returning to aurora menu is when you are in the middle of the game and you press xbox button (the middle on) and the Y button to return to the xbox menu but since I used dashlaunch I go directly to aurora

Check file manager to see if drive is still visible after games are grayed out.The thing that doesn't make sense is being able to play a game,the 360 can't store a whole game in memory as there isn't enough of it,so the 360 can still see the drive while playing,perhaps download a fresh copy of aurora but by ethernet & try again,also grab a copy of fsd

@ swizzy
Do'h
After the games appeared grayed out I went to freestyle dash and used the file manager to see if the drive with the games were still there... and it was

The external HDD that I use is an LG HXD2 250gb... to understand better are you telling me I should buy another one right?

Yes unless you have heaps of games as 250gb is pretty small.What does aurora's file manager show once games are grayed