RealModScene
jackhulk

[Aurora] File manager to sort GOD games by name alphabetically

Hello

Recently I've been using an app called 'GODspeed'. It displays all GOD game folders by actual name of game, and sorts them alphabetically. It's cool how Aurora adds the actual game name in brackets, but would be cooler if it was able to emulate the way GODspeed presents the folders.

So for example currently Aurora's file manger looks like this...

545107EF [bAJA Edge of Control]

545407D4 [Amped 3]

Sorted numerically. If it were able to emulate and display folders the way GODspeed does, it would sort folders by game name and in correct alphabetical order...

Amped 3 [545407D4]

BAJA Edge of Control [545107EF]

This would make finding the game you are looking for a lot quicker.

Thank you

It would be possible, but the reason it's not done is because the folder name is actually the numeric values and not the other way around...

I doubt we'll make this change at this time... maybe later?

Hi Swizzy. Yeah I understand the actual folder name is actually numeric, so that's the reason it sorts the way it does, but Aurora does still recognize and identify correct game name from that ID and displays in brackets. No idea how GODspeed does it or if it would take much work; not a big deal but just though I'd add my idea so it's out there. Good for those who have large games collection in GOD format.

Thank you.

Hi Swizzy. Yeah I understand the actual folder name is actually numeric, so that's the reason it sorts the way it does, but Aurora does still recognize and identify correct game name from that ID and displays in brackets. No idea how GODspeed does it or if it would take much work; not a big deal but just though I'd add my idea so it's out there. Good for those who have large games collection in GOD format.

Thank you.

GODspeed probably does it the same way Aurora does, except Aurora only does it when it's in the correct structure...

I can confirm it is in the correct folder structure, just that where Aurora does this....

...GODSpeed does this...

Therefore GODSpeed sorts alphabetically making it easier to locate certain game you may be looking for.  As said not a big issue, but just suggestion for future.

If all your games are GOD format & your not concerned with shortening/abbreviating game names in the cover flow like i have (when using fsd i found by the time i backed out of y button to see the number,then into file manger i'd forgotten the GOD number) so when ripping games with iso2god i added the GOD number after the game name so it appeared in the flow.What can i say my short term memory is really short term.Anyway as soon as you've  seen the number you can go directly to the game your after ignoring the list of game names,tho it would be better as you suggested,so consider it a weird work around..lol..

I can confirm it is in the correct folder structure, just that where Aurora does this....

...GODSpeed does this...

Therefore GODSpeed sorts alphabetically making it easier to locate certain game you may be looking for.  As said not a big issue, but just suggestion for future.

I understand what you're saying, but i'm not sure we'll be doing this any time soon, it won't be in 0.6b that's for sure... maybe 0.7b? maybe onwards... we'll see... it's not a high priority thing...

scorpNZ, thank you but I got lost just reading your solution to this! haha. Anyways to sum this up I agree with Swizzy, not high priority thing, just thought I'd made the suggestion so at least has a chance of being included at some point.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

I wanted to get back to this, because my suggestion would be the same topic in a similar way.

It would be nice to sort

- Alphabetically (already done by default )

- by name of the Game (in the brackets)

- by Time /Date of last Change

53510823  [Rise of the Tomb Raider]               2015-12-02              20:15

The second and third one would have been useful for me today.

I don't know if it bloats the Navigation through the file-manager.

I wanted to get back to this, because my suggestion would be the same topic in a similar way.

It would be nice to sort

- Alphabetically (already done by default )

- by name of the Game (in the brackets)

- by Time /Date of last Change

53510823  [Rise of the Tomb Raider]               2015-12-02              20:15

The second and third one would have been useful for me today.

I don't know if it bloats the Navigation through the file-manager.

Not sure how it would fit into the UI to have it as an option which should obviously be easily accesible...

I wonder if one shoulder button could be used to toggle the tab and the other for toggling the sort option

Or similar to the way game info is setup where you have more categories to the left like title updates and dlc, launch and trainer, achievements and saved games etc.