RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Blaak

LiNK issues..

Hey guys so I'm connecting through my Macbook Pro 10.10.5 having a LiNK issue where everything is passed except "UPnP Router not found", "Data Port", and "Broadcast Port"..

I have taken all steps tried numerous amounts of configurations. All ports say they're forwarded. I have even DMZ'd the IP address just to make sure no funny business.. I have called my ISP and asked if they blocked ports, they said no. I can connect to Xbox Live just fine. Tried Black Ops 2 and Advanced Warfare under LiNK.

In Black Ops 2 I get to System Link Plugin Menu and choose a room. Then I go to system link menu in game and there's no matches available, tried different rooms, refreshing multiple times etc.. In Advanced Warfare I couldn't get to the system link menu due to me missing some free content, any help on that would also be appreciated. 

Any clue what's going on here? Been trying to get the working for pretty much the past 12 hours straight.. Much thanks in advance!

Hey guys so I'm connecting through my Macbook Pro 10.10.5 having a LiNK issue where everything is passed except "UPnP Router not found", "Data Port", and "Broadcast Port"..

I have taken all steps tried numerous amounts of configurations. All ports say they're forwarded. I have even DMZ'd the IP address just to make sure no funny business.. I have called my ISP and asked if they blocked ports, they said no. I can connect to Xbox Live just fine. Tried Black Ops 2 and Advanced Warfare under LiNK.

In Black Ops 2 I get to System Link Plugin Menu and choose a room. Then I go to system link menu in game and there's no matches available, tried different rooms, refreshing multiple times etc.. In Advanced Warfare I couldn't get to the system link menu due to me missing some free content, any help on that would also be appreciated. 

Any clue what's going on here? Been trying to get the working for pretty much the past 12 hours straight.. Much thanks in advance!

For BO 2 check if you are on the right TU.For advanced warfare the lastest Tu requires 6 compatibility packs.And do have ping patch enabled in daslaunch?Because i know many people who don't have the port open but can still play on link but they can't host.

If this does resolve this am sure someone more qualified will answer you in some time

I'm on all latest TU's for both titles. Downloaded with Aurora. Ping patch is enabled as that is passing the check for LiNK. Thanks for the quick response!

I'm on all latest TU's for both titles. Downloaded with Aurora. Ping patch is enabled as that is passing the check for LiNK. Thanks for the quick response!

have you tried this, forward ports to mac, mac to XB? or better yet just connect to the router directly?

have you tried other ports?

• Like 1

have you tried this, forward ports to mac, mac to XB? or better yet just connect to the router directly?

have you tried other ports?

What do you mean mac to XB? How would one do that? Ive tried port 999 and 998.. Samething.

What do you mean mac to XB? How would one do that? Ive tried port 999 and 998.. Samething.

Can you tell us exactly how you've hooked up your Xbox 360?

If it's not connected to your MAC Book Pro, that part of things is irrelevant... if it's hooked up there, try removing your MAC Book Pro out of the equation by connecting to your router directly

Can you tell us exactly how you've hooked up your Xbox 360?

If it's not connected to your MAC Book Pro, that part of things is irrelevant... if it's hooked up there, try removing your MAC Book Pro out of the equation by connecting to your router directly

I'm using the Xbox with my Macbook Pro via internet Sharing option via the Ethernet cable. This method is supported by Microsoft and is my only option at the moment as the router is too far from my TV/RGH..

I'm using the Xbox with my Macbook Pro via internet Sharing option via the Ethernet cable. This method is supported by Microsoft and is my only option at the moment as the router is too far from my TV/RGH..

This might actually be the root of your problem, just because it's supported by microsoft doesn't mean it's supported by LiNK...

This might actually be the root of your problem, just because it's supported by microsoft doesn't mean it's supported by LiNK...

Do you have any idea why it would be the root of the problem?

Do you have any idea why it would be the root of the problem?

There are many possible problems that can be caused by using "Internet Sharing" rather then actual internet connections... for instance, you can't open the ports, there's also the possibility that it doesn't actually allow communication on any ports other then the HTTP ports... or simply that it doesn't relay the packets correctly...

Even software running on your computer can cause interference with the communication... there's also a strong possibility that your ping is greater due to your MAC having to process the packet before sending it forward which may cause a delay

If you have a Windows machine then try to bridge connections instead of share them. I was in your same situaton and i resolved bridging Wireless and Ethernet connection, then Windows automatically creates a new connection called Ethernet 1 or something, then you connect your Xbox to your pc and then you go in the router settings and open ports for your xbox ip. (Bridging connection gives your xbox a normal ip like 192.168.1.15, sharing gives you an ip like 192.168.137.48 and you can't open ports well - but i know how to do that in Windows anyway - )

Sorry for my bad English I'm Italian  :unsure:

If you have a Windows machine then try to bridge connections instead of share them. I was in your same situaton and i resolved bridging Wireless and Ethernet connection, then Windows automatically creates a new connection called Ethernet 1 or something, then you connect your Xbox to your pc and then you go in the router settings and open ports for your xbox ip. (Bridging connection gives your xbox a normal ip like 192.168.1.15, sharing gives you an ip like 192.168.137.48 and you can't open ports well - but i know how to do that in Windows anyway - )

Sorry for my bad English I'm Italian  :unsure:

I only have access to VMWare 8 with Windows 7 Ultimate running.. Will this work? Or must I be in Bootcamp?

I only have access to VMWare 8 with Windows 7 Ultimate running.. Will this work? Or must I be in Bootcamp?

can you NOT hook up to the router/modem directly?? why are you using the P.C. as a wifi-dongle? lol.. 

can you NOT hook up to the router/modem directly?? why are you using the P.C. as a wifi-dongle? lol.. 

I've already stated I can't if you actually read the thread... No need to be rude..

I've already stated I can't if you actually read the thread... No need to be rude..

umm not to be rude.. just RE-READ EVERYTHING.. no where did you state you COULDN'T hook it up directly.. JUST SAYING!!

now.. why not is the question, as there could be an underlying problem.. such as "double nat" and stuff like that.. just trying to help

Edit: while it isn't necessary to hook up directly to the modem/router.. it will help "trace" the problem mate.. 

Edit #2: if you can't hook it directly up.. this also limits the possibility of helping, as Swizzy already stated, it just might be your Mac.. lol

• Like 1

I don't know if it will work in VMWare, i know for sure that it will work with Bootcamp, however i didn't have any problems doing what i've done, i bridged connections, i opened the ports, i ran all the test (all green exept upnp) and i played normally.. no double nat problems ecc.

@felida: We can't all connect xbox directly to the router, no need to 'joke' on other people situation, if he wants to use the pc as a wifi dongle he can do it without you bitching about it

ps. and he stated here that he only could connect with his pc

..This method is supported by Microsoft and is my only option at the moment as the router is too far from my TV/RGH..

@felida: We can't all connect xbox directly to the router, no need to 'joke' on other people situation, if he wants to use the pc as a wifi dongle he can do it without you bitching about it

ps. and he stated here that he only could connect with his pc

No, that person has the ability to connect directly to the router.. They just don't want to.. Which is a very important step.. As it will tell if the ISP is block ports.. Or something else, none is laughing at dude.. I'm laughing at you tho.. These port issues can be because of a lot of things.. And for the OPs lack of trying to test it out one way, there really is no need to help further.. People have had various setups, and had to move their xb to test.. Sometimes its the router period, or more underlying issues.. All of which still requires you to connect directly to the modem/router..
  • Like 1

We are going ot, so stop, anyway just bridge connections if you can't connect your xbox directly to the router and you're good to go

And in any case, seeing if it is the ISP blocking ports is relatively simple, he could test it with his Macbook or just change ports, i have the EXACT same setup as him and i can play normally bridging connections :)

We are going ot, so stop, anyway just bridge connections if you can't connect your xbox directly to the router and you're good to go

And in any case, seeing if it is the ISP blocking ports is relatively simple, he could test it with his Macbook or just change ports, i have the EXACT same setup as him and i can play normally bridging connections :)

You sure? you the same person? coz that's the only way you can have "The exact same setup"

With the exact same setup i mean: 

isp->router->pc (windows, wireless)->lan to xbox

He stated that it's not the ISP that is blocking ports, so it isn't the problem, if he bridges connections (i don't know if it could be done on Mac, i'm sure it works on windows) he just have to open ports for his console IP and run the test.. same thing for UPnP i think, but i have not tried it, because even without UPnP i can play normally.. can show detailed setup with photos/screenshots if it can help

He stated that it's not the ISP that is blocking ports, so it isn't the problem, if he bridges connections (i don't know if it could be done on Mac, i'm sure it works on windows) he just have to open ports for his console IP and run the test.. same thing for UPnP i think, but i have not tried it, because even without UPnP i can play normally.. can show detailed setup with photos/screenshots if it can help

And you have the same router as him? Same modem, same ISP? Same country? Just because you have a setup that works for you, doesn't mean everyone has that mate.. There is steps to take, and instead of point OP to portforward.com, I'm actually trying to help haha.. But yet the OP has failed to respond.. There is no "cure all" with setups, aside from directly connecting to the modem.. Heck the OP could have not set the udp/TCP settings in the router correctly.. Or multiple reasons..

You can bridge and do port forwarding from the Mac, but it requires a custom shell script that would forward your ports properly.

For more info you can google "OS X internet sharing bridge", but the process is a bit more advanced.

One result that looked promising was http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/weblog/2013/bridging_a_wireless_and_an_eth.html even if was a few years old.

Bootcamp would most likely work without issue, but I think you would still have problems when trying from a VM, since the NAT is still configured on the host machine.

edit: I had looked into bridging WiFi to Ethernet a while back when setting up X-Link Kai, it's just a hassle on the Mac. Probably easier to just run a long cable, lolz.

• Like 1

I'm installing Windows 7 to Bootcamp as we speak. What steps do I need to take to bridge the connection in Windows 7?

I'm installing Windows 7 to Bootcamp as we speak. What steps do I need to take to bridge the connection in Windows 7?

Select the two you want to bridge in "Network Connections" then right click and select "bridge connections"

• Like 1

I did this and nothing happened.. I then followed the steps from MS and it made UPnP pass. But the data/broadcast ports are still unreachable and I am still unable to play LiNK..