RealModScene
drocker

Every Thing You Need to Know to Make LiNK Work

try to create an account at http://www.worldweatheronline.com/free-weather-feed.aspx and insert the weather api in the fsd weather setup page. why i say this is because when you switch on your xbox, your weather will update automatically or it wouldnt and thats one way to tell if your xbox is connected to net or not.

the weather api signup is little trick; let me know if you require any help there

try disabling your router's firewall. the reason i am saying this is because i have my router's firewall disabled.

ahahaha damnnn brooo u rock!?!?! it worked on my friends console...im in b/w setting up his console as well forwarded the ports to his xbox's ip with his jqe360 a/c and now on black ops 2 i see system link - turned off firewall did the trick :pthank you for your quick reply...id reckon it'll work on other console now as well....I think previously it didnt work when i disabled the firewall cuz back then i had fsd rev 735 with DL 3.07 - im an idiot -_-

Anytime bro... Be sure to thank datastream aswell as he was more prompt in replies than me. :)

• Like 1

That is why wise people have come up with the term "trial and error", we all learn by making mistakes 😜

And be sure to download TU (title updates) for what ever game you wish to Play.

Gad it's sorted, just wanted to point out that your firewall rules you have 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255 blocked and ALL ports blocked and rule enabled....not the other way round... ;)

Posted Image

try to create an account at http://www.worldweatheronline.com/free-weather-feed.aspx and insert the weather api in the fsd weather setup page. why i say this is because when you switch on your xbox, your weather will update automatically or it wouldnt and thats one way to tell if your xbox is connected to net or not.

the weather api signup is little trick; let me know if you require any help there

oh and thanks bro, I have a working weather app now ;) 

Gad it's sorted, just wanted to point out that your firewall rules you have 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255 blocked and ALL ports blocked and rule enabled....not the other way round... ;)

Posted Image

lol im a noob still with these ip's and port forwarding stuff :p and yea...it worked on my friends console but on mine...im still grey'd out....even with my firewall disabled...

so were you at a friends before or something, I'm confused, you've defiantly gave your machine a static I.P address. reboot your router.... try www.canyouseeme.org and you sure you've disabled your them rules, if you have the I.P off the 360 added to the DMZ zone then try "canyouseeme" and check the ports etc. are you sure you have reset your API key and linked your console etc. 

Is it the same game as your mates, just wondering if it was an early rip or something then you might have picked up a version that had "link" stripped out you never know or are you saying that it's all games....

so were you at a friends before or something, I'm confused, you've defiantly gave your machine a static I.P address. reboot your router.... try www.canyouseeme.org and you sure you've disabled your them rules, if you have the I.P off the 360 added to the DMZ zone then try "canyouseeme" and check the ports etc. are you sure you have reset your API key and linked your console etc. 

Is it the same game as your mates, just wondering if it was an early rip or something then you might have picked up a version that had "link" stripped out you never know or are you saying that it's all games....

both consoles were at my house connected to the same router with different port ranges assigned on router for port forwarding for tcp&udp for example my console's were 1-62222 and on his i setup 2-62221 - on my console the ip settings under network were manual but on his were automatic - i used 2 different a/c's for jqe360 1 for mine and 1 for his though i only used 1 console at a time didnt connect both since i didnt get time - i gave it back to him already...newaz the version of the games are the same since i gave him practically all the games the ports used on console were same for both 3072 & 3071 and i dont have any static ip set...and i have reset the API key and have linked the console to jqe360.My console was a jasper 256/512mb freeboot rgh 1.x his was a trinity 16mb freeboot rgh 1.x with the same dash 16203....all i know that the same procedure worked on his console after disabling the firewall so it should work on mine too ill try again next week and i thank you all for your input i think i got pretty nice tips to make it work on mine so yea appreciate it  :Dp.s. link is grey'd out for all games....on friend's console i tried it with cod mw3 and cod blackops 2 both were good link was working.

oh and thanks bro, I have a working weather app now ;)

no prob :)

Thanks for this guide, now have link working!No one wanting to play halo4 though :(

good to know you have your link working.... and dont worry there times when i see lots of people playing halo4, u will see em

So my exams are finally over so was just passing by to say THANKS once again to those who helped me out with the problem i had with LINK....i finally got my console to show the System Link as before it was greyed out problem i guess it was the firewall being enabled but due to some reason it still didnt show afterwards so i just reinstalled FSD today and its working fine now :D

So my exams are finally over so was just passing by to say THANKS once again to those who helped me out with the problem i had with LINK....i finally got my console to show the System Link as before it was greyed out problem i guess it was the firewall being enabled but due to some reason it still didnt show afterwards so i just reinstalled FSD today and its working fine now :D

glad to know you have all sorted :)

Happy Linking :)

Got another issue...dont know why though...Halo Reach and Halo 4 i got the most recent title update enabled on FSD but when i go to System Link tab it says my recent TU is 0 hence im not able to see other played...Black ops 2 is working fine though...any suggestions?nevermind bro changed the ports now its showing now

Edited by 1l3l_00cl

can setup link with shared wireless conection whit lan? I tried but it will not show me any server, the list is empty and marked a room with more than 20 users,I am make wireless ip address dmz on ruter 

Ok so i got an issue....its not really my issue its 2 of my friend's issue which is the same....now my LINK works fine on a 2mb connection while their's gives an error "The Server Connection Has Timed Out Please Try Again Later Error F300000" whenever they go to "System Link" -They both have 4mb connections and their FSD and DL is the most recent as im the one who set that up for them....their ports are also forwarded correctly as i have checked it myself at their house and all the tests pass on FSD - they also have a static IP assigned on their router as the IP keeps changing on FSD everytime the console reboots which is the same case as mine. The Network configurations on the normal Dash is Automatic not manual (mine are also automatic). Now their LINK works sometimes while most of the times it gives them that error - we all have the same router as well....their getting full speed as per Speedtest.net any suggestions? They have also tried resetting the API key on the jqe360 website and have made sure that their login is remembered on the website and have also tried different port ranges but same issue.U guys helped me out with my LINK so i figured id ask here again on behalf of my friends :)

Ok, first let me confess that i am unaware of this error called f3000. And, by the sound of it it seems to be an ip conflict. Try to put the an static ip in xbox dash network settings. Secondly, open your router page settings and see whats the "start ip address setting" which should look like 192.168.1.2 to either 50 or 100 depends different router models ( its something that your router assigns ip addresses in sequence to all those systems which are configured to assign ip address automatically. Once you find the settings make a note of the last ip you router supports and assign it to your xbox in network settings (for instance, 192.168.1.1 is your routers setting up address and 192.168.1.2 ..3..4..5 and so on would assigned to other systems which are configured to assign ip automatically).

See if it helps.

hi sorry guys maybe you can help me ..i am confused on this part of the TUT

once in the router’s setup page, navigate to networks and look for something called either UPnP or NAT (NAT=UPnP --- UPnP=NAT --- they both are same) and tick it if its not already ticked and if it is, then LEAVE IT ALONE. Next, navigate to application, under it click port forwarding and give it a rule name e.g. xbox, give it a ip address e.g. in my case its 192.168.2.76 
there are 14 devices that are connected to my router; so that means ip address from 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.15 are already assigned. I took 76 because that way I know my xbox’s ip address will never conflict with other devices.

Go to port range and type 1 in first box and 62222 in the next and select udp and tcp both.
- Just be more sure that all your ports are forwarded correctly, you can insert your xbox’s ip address in the DMZ box and enable it. That way you are 100% sure that all your ports are forwarded.

i tried everything but i did not manage to set it up ...could you guys take a look at my interface 

Posted Image

...is it Virutual Servers oder ist it Prort triggering ...and there is no port range ...also select udp and tcp both. this point is not working like this i can select at Trigger point on of both and ..on Incomming also one ..but i dont know the order...if you could help me ..it would be nice

hi guys ...could you help me to set this up

http://i.imgur.com/glfD2Ic.png

i am confused if it is virtual server or the point under it...and where to set up the range ..which is mentioned in the TUT 

maybe you can help me thx

ok, i found this tutorial on youtube for port forwarding of your router

let me know if it helps or not.

Ok so i got an issue....its not really my issue its 2 of my friend's issue which is the same....now my LINK works fine on a 2mb connection while their's gives an error "The Server Connection Has Timed Out Please Try Again Later Error F300000" whenever they go to "System Link" - They both have 4mb connections and their FSD and DL is the most recent as im the one who set that up for them....their ports are also forwarded correctly as i have checked it myself at their house and all the tests pass on FSD - they also have a static IP assigned on their router as the IP keeps changing on FSD everytime the console reboots which is the same case as mine. The Network configurations on the normal Dash is Automatic not manual (mine are also automatic). Now their LINK works sometimes while most of the times it gives them that error - we all have the same router as well....their getting full speed as per Speedtest.net any suggestions?  They have also tried resetting the API key on the jqe360 website and have made sure that their login is remembered on the website and have also tried different port ranges but same issue. U guys helped me out with my LINK so i figured id ask here again on behalf of my friends :)

Make sure that you have pingpatch enabled in systemlink option before joining to game server.

Thank for all your replies...everything is setup as it should i guess it was a problem from his ISP his DSL was unstable so it was timing him out he called em up and i gave him my router now it works....

Now i got a problem of my own everything works fine aside from Black Ops 2....on many occassions im unable to join any games cuz i get the error message "unable to join game" and this is not with only 1 game thats being hosted for zombies but every other game thats being hosted by other players...and if i host no 1 can people join mine...

It usually works if i restart the console & the router and unhook and hook back the network cable and reset API key and sign in again on FSD for JQE360.com from general settings even though the login is set to "Remember Me" on the website and it works after that.

But just 15 mins ago i did as per above several times but that it just wont f'in join so at times it never joins no matter what i do....my UPNP is enabled...my start and end ports for TCP and UDP are 2-62222 and no matter which port i put on FSD in that range they all pass and Link works...ping patch is enabled...so whats up? my friend never has this problem....an hr ago it was working and i was able to join other people's games on zombies and it works flawless....but its when i cannot join anyone's gane is what ticks me off any suggestions? This happens on several occasions but ends up working later on and i have nothing on download or anything like that nobody is using the internet and im getting full speed i hardly get any lag since i upgrade my speed 2 weeks ago so zombies when it works it never lags or kicks or out or times out or anything....just frustrating :(