RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
lolo24

Is it good to have new kernel?

Hi guys, I have few questions if anyone could answer them I would much appreciate it.

1. Can aurora work on any kernel and any future kernel?

2. I have 2.0.16537.0 and newest is 2.0.17489.0, is it better to update it because I want

to use aurora and LiNK?

3. If it's not important to update newest kernel regarding aurora, is it important than for my

xbox and future games etc. to update it or my kernel version is still good?

• Like 1

For 17489 you will have to wait for a new xeBuild.

Aurora has less to do with the Kernel itself. It does not matter if you are on lower Kernel but updated Aurora.

If you are a developer of a software you would always want your consumers to update to the newest version, because of improvements, new features and bug fixes.

Therefore i do like updates much because they can be exciting. And i like some of the new features of the version 17489 and i would like to update to use them on my Dual Nand system.

It is like you have the option to upgrade Aurora, but you wouldn't want, although there can be several important Bugfixes. You should do an update if you don't loose anything but do better in a theoretically way. That's what "most" Developers want. They would'nt update software if there is no necessity. Sometimes can be, so you should look for changelogs and decide yourself. I Always do an update if i read "bugfixes". This can be a necessity for you.

• Like 1

Sorry for my bad english.

1 Yes Aurora work on any kernel. 

2 You can use sys link with 16537. 17489 better  only because any game is start on this dashboard(every game require some dashboard, if game require 16537 dashboard then it start  with 16537 or later 16767, 17150, 17348, 17489...) !!! 17348 dashboard Allowance of 2TB harddrives for games, profiles and savegames etc.

3 Yes PES 16, Fifa 16 and couple else games require 17348 dashboard allready. You can not run this games on dashboard lower then 17348.

Hi guys, I have few questions if anyone could answer them I would much appreciate it.

1. Can aurora work on any kernel and any future kernel?

2. I have 2.0.16537.0 and newest is 2.0.17489.0, is it better to update it because I want

to use aurora and LiNK?

3. If it's not important to update newest kernel regarding aurora, is it important than for my

xbox and future games etc. to update it or my kernel version is still good?

Aurora has less to do with the Kernel itself. It does not matter if you are on lower Kernel but updated Aurora.

If you are a developer of a software you would always want your consumers to update to the newest version, because of improvements, new features and bug fixes.

Therefore i do like updates much because they can be exciting. And i like some of the new features of the version 17489 and i would like to update to use them on my Dual Nand system.

It is like you have the option to upgrade Aurora, but you wouldn't want, although there can be several important Bugfixes. You should do an update if you don't loose anything but do better in a theoretically way. That's what "most" Developers want. They would'nt update software if there is no necessity. Sometimes can be, so you should look for changelogs and decide yourself. I Always do an update if i read "bugfixes". This can be a necessity for you.

2 You can use sys link with 16537. 17489 better  only because any game is start on this dashboard(every game require some dashboard, if game require 16537 dashboard then it start  with 16537 or later 16767, 17150, 17348, 17489...) !!! 17348 dashboard Allowance of 2TB harddrives for games, profiles and savegames etc.

3 Yes PES 16, Fifa 16 and couple else games require 17348 dashboard allready. You can not run this games on dashboard lower then 17348.

i believe Aurora requires at least 15574.. but moot point, you can update to 17349(there isn't a 17348), aside from PES and FIFA, all games require the dash you currently have.. but you can update to 17349 no problem

• Like 2

Hi, thanks for your explanation, can you just tell me where can I find those changelogs for every new kernel and do I lose everything installed on my xbox when I install new kernel, freestyle launcher and TU updates and games etc.?

2. I think RGH allow you to have 2tb hard drive on any kernel, am I right?

3. I'm playing both PES 16 and Fifa 16 on current 16537

i believe Aurora requires at least 15574.. but moot point, you can update to 17349(there isn't a 17348), aside from PES and FIFA, all games require the dash you currently have.. but you can update to 17349 no problem

Thanks, same questions for you as for saywalking: where can I find changelogs for every new kernel and do I lose everything installed on my xbox when I install new kernel, freestyle launcher and TU updates and games etc.?

:)

Hi, thanks for your explanation, can you just tell me where can I find those changelogs for every new kernel and do I lose everything installed on my xbox when I install new kernel, freestyle launcher and TU updates and games etc.?

2. I think RGH allow you to have 2tb hard drive on any kernel, am I right?

3. I'm playing both PES 16 and Fifa 16 on current 16537

Thanks, same questions for you as for saywalking: where can I find changelogs for every new kernel and do I lose everything installed on my xbox when I install new kernel, freestyle launcher and TU updates and games etc.?

:)

There is a changelog on wikipedia that's maintained by random people/microsoft, however, it doesn't really mention details about the changes such as when new functions are added/implemented or when they change how things works...

2TB internal is available on pretty much any kernel, 2TB external is only available as of version 17349

Lucky you, from what i've heard the minimum required version for Fifa 16 is 17349

You don't lose anything when you update the kernel as long as you do so correctly...