RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
wkmiller

Yard Sale Find: Xbox 360 Slim with TeamFSD Mod on it...What do I need to know?

Picked up an Xbox Slim 360 at a Yard Sale and upon booting it up found it had a TeamFSD mod.

So browsing around in the Console Desktop , brought me here looking to find more information on it and what I can do with it.

From Browsing saw it has Homebrew, Emulation and other features I am eager to learn more about.

Where do I look to get the insight on how to utilize the TeamFSD Mod to its full potential?

• Like 2

Thanks for the link, Now next Noob question is how do I tell what JTag Mod Chip is inside without opening up the Console?

Since it's a slim, you have RGH 1.0/2.0 (depending on motherboard model, they're basically the same anyways on slim so just go with 2.0) or RGH 2.0+

Now, the way to identify that is by looking at the SMC in the NAND itself, for that... you need specific tools which aren't public yet... (i don't think JRunner will actually tell you if you've got this or not)

The best way to check is to just open it up and check what's inside...

Picked up an Xbox Slim 360 at a Yard Sale and upon booting it up found it had a TeamFSD mod.

So browsing around in the Console Desktop , brought me here looking to find more information on it and what I can do with it.

From Browsing saw it has Homebrew, Emulation and other features I am eager to learn more about.

Where do I look to get the insight on how to utilize the TeamFSD Mod to its full potential?

The thing about FSD is that its support got discontinued and right now you cannot get the game cover images automatically and download the title updates through it, so I recommend you to install Aurora because it loads much faster than FSD, it is still getting developed and even some of the developers who are working on this project are the same who worked on FSD, also when System Link 2.0 comes along I am not sure if the FSD will still support System Link connection since they might remove it (I am not 100% sure about it I am just assuming). I've made a topic which consists some of the most common stuff a new RGH/JTAG user is looking for, if you want you can give it a look http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6006-beginner-video-guides-and-useful-links/ , I hope it will be helpful.

The thing about FSD is that its support got discontinued and right now you cannot get the game cover images automatically and download the title updates through it, so I recommend you to install Aurora because it loads much faster than FSD, it is still getting developed and even some of the developers who are working on this project are the same who worked on FSD, also when System Link 2.0 comes along I am not sure if the FSD will still support System Link connection since they might remove it (I am not 100% sure about it I am just assuming). I've made a topic which consists some of the most common stuff a new RGH/JTAG user is looking for, if you want you can give it a look http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6006-beginner-video-guides-and-useful-links/ , I hope it will be helpful.

FSD will not support LiNK2, LiNK will also go away, so when this comes along FSD will stop supporting System Link