RealModScene
b3nz

b3nz thread for his random newbie questions.

As Aurora uses the same Freestyle plugin as FSD uses, I guess the autoswap function for multidisc GOD games works the same way it did in FSD? I just need to enable autoswap in my launch.ini OR dashlaunch and setup the game path like this?

root/Hdd1/Games/random_2disc_game/Disc1

root/Hdd1/Games/random_2disc_game/Disc2

As I have read in other forums found in google, when Disc1 is completed, it should automatically ask for Disc2, but it'll load automatically, right?

As Aurora uses the same Freestyle plugin as FSD uses, I guess the autoswap function for multidisc GOD games works the same way it did in FSD? I just need to enable autoswap in my launch.ini OR dashlaunch and setup the game path like this?

root/Hdd1/Games/random_2disc_game/Disc1

root/Hdd1/Games/random_2disc_game/Disc2

As I have read in other forums found in google, when Disc1 is completed, it should automatically ask for Disc2, but it'll load automatically, right?

Negative, dashlaunch have it's own autoswap feature, you do NOT enable it if you are using Aurora/FSD...

However, the path is somewhat correct:

device:\Games\GameName\Disk 1\<Disc 1 content>

device:\Games\GameName\Disk 2\<Disc 2 content>

etc.

However, there are cases where this does NOT apply... http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5040-multi-disc-again/#entry40471 read this for more information ;)

Okay, so if my game is type-2 from your list, should I convert both Disk1 and Disk2 to GOD format, or converting games to GOD isn't even neccesary in this situation?

Imma go rename this topic as it sounds kinda funny as this thread is going to hit page 3 soon, lol. I'll create Useful Q&A thread soon from your and scorpNL answers only. :clap:

Okay, so if my game is type-2 from your list, should I convert both Disk1 and Disk2 to GOD format, or converting games to GOD isn't even neccesary in this situation?

Imma go rename this topic as it sounds kinda funny as this thread is going to hit page 3 soon, lol. I'll create Useful Q&A thread soon from your and scorpNL answers only. :clap:

Every game is different, you have to check for each specific one, but, a rule of thumb is that Type 2 (story continues) can be used with the disk swapping plugins, or by simply exiting the game and switching discs (most of them save before saying to switch discs and you can thus leave and come back another day and continue from disc 2 or whatever)

What are these things called 'compability packs'? Is it just a DLC in other words, or is it completely different thing?

What are these things called 'compability packs'? Is it just a DLC in other words, or is it completely different thing?

They're DLC released for free to allow you to play with your friends that bought said DLC...

Hey everybody. Guess who's there again with his dumb-ass questions. :D Somewhy and somehow default XBOX360 apps like avatar changer, music player (or what else it is called) appeared in the Aurora menu. How do I make it disappear again?

And probably one of the most dumbest question in this forum's history.. I realised there is a red light inside the XBOX (no, not the power button, it's green here). Should it be there by default or does it mean something? No, I don't use FakeAnim.

Hey everybody. Guess who's there again with his dumb-ass questions. :D Somewhy and somehow default XBOX360 apps like avatar changer, music player (or what else it is called) appeared in the Aurora menu. How do I make it disappear again?

And probably one of the most dumbest question in this forum's history.. I realised there is a red light inside the XBOX (no, not the power button, it's green here). Should it be there by default or does it mean something? No, I don't use FakeAnim.

It's the TeamXecuter chip you've got installed, when it's powered it'll have a red led lit =)

Hide function for avatar stuff i think it's system you select,then use scroll & D pad to find hide option in aurora

the player you can do as above or move it to homebrew if you use it

Great, thank you both for your fast support. :) Since which year/month Microsoft started to put Corona motherboards in the 360s?

Livestrong is meant for paranoid people mostly, basically it blocks ALL known microsoft communications on the console, it really only need to be disabled when downloading game info in Aurora/FSD

I've heard that Livestrong works even better with a tin hat on your head!  :thumbup:

Oh boy b3nz, you ask a lot of questions, which I like because it saves me from asking them!  :thumbsup:

According to this wiki, Corona appeared August 2011.

So my 2011-08-24 made XBOX has a Corona motherboard :thumbsup:. Tought it's Trinity. 

I've heard that Livestrong works even better with a tin hat on your head!  :thumbup:

Oh boy b3nz, you ask a lot of questions, which I like because it saves me from asking them!  :thumbsup:

According to this wiki, Corona appeared August 2011.

Hehe, you can take a look at my F.A.Q topic, it has all these question put in one thread. :D

Great, thank you both for your fast support. :) Since which year/month Microsoft started to put Corona motherboards in the 360s?

I think it's end of 2011 they started with the first revision of corona...

They're easy to identify without opening the case tho... if the power rating is 9.6A on the 12v line, it's a Corona (or Winchester if it's a late 2014 or newer model) the alternative (Trinity) is 10.83A

Okay, so it's really a Corona model. Next question. :baby: There's only a tutorial how to set up XBOX to play System Link using wireless internet, but is there anything to change if I connect my XBOX to the internet with a cable? By the way, am I right that in order to play, let's say, COD AW, I need: newest title update (probably TU17) and all the DLCs, that's it? 'Cause as far as I remember, compability pack is a DLC in other words.

I would highly recommend connecting with cable over wireless as less change of lag. To play LiNK you just need the newest title update. You don't need all or in fact any DLC, unless I guess you wish to play that particular DLC and the game supports it via system link.

Great F.A.Q thread, thanks B3NZ.

But aren't atleast compability packs needed in order to play it? The problem with the LiNK is that when I try to connect to the LiNK (verify the setings in other words) with a cable, almost everything goes fine, but only step "UPNP Capable Router detected" doesn't pass somewhy.

Have you actually tried playing a game via LiNK? As far as I know if everything else is OK, you can ignore UPNP failing. If this is just something that bugs you, if your router has the option, just enable UPNP and then it will pass, but will make no difference if you can already connect/play LiNK.

But aren't atleast compability packs needed in order to play it? The problem with the LiNK is that when I try to connect to the LiNK (verify the setings in other words) with a cable, almost everything goes fine, but only step "UPNP Capable Router detected" doesn't pass somewhy.

Compatibility packs are required when you use a TU that requires it, there's no way around that... you don't HAVE to use the latest TU, it's just something more ppl do as they want access to all new content added with those TU's aswell as all bugfixes etc. etc.

Ah, right! Now I understand it. DLCs are needed if you want to play unique gamemodes/have unique features, Compability packs are needed if you want to play using certain Title Update. Thanks again. <:

Accidentally launched the XellLaunch application (misclick), now it's stuck on the "looking for files on local media and the tftp". Tried to reboot XBOX, it doesn't launch Aurora but launches the XellLaunch application again. Can't use the middle buton to get to the Aurora, back button or something. What should I do? :C

You must've set it up to autoboot for some reason, put a empty (or fixed( launch.ini on a FAT32 USB stick and boot the console with that and fix the faulty configuration

You mean just simply create an empty launch.ini file and put it to a FAT32 formatted USB stick? Plug it in and just boot the xbox? Do I need to put that empty file into some folders (can't remember where the launch.ini is originally put, root:\Hdd1 if I'm right?), or just really straight away put an empty file to the USB?

Thanks!

You mean just simply create an empty launch.ini file and put it to a FAT32 formatted USB stick? Plug it in and just boot the xbox? Do I need to put that empty file into some folders (can't remember where the launch.ini is originally put, root:\Hdd1 if I'm right?), or just really straight away put an empty file to the USB?

Thanks!

X:\Launch.ini

Empty file on a FAT32 formatted USB stick or HDD, then you boot the console with this stick in and it overrides any other launch.ini found and will thus use the Dashlaunch defaults

Don't know what was happening yesterday, but today it's all good again. Thanks for the tip, tough!