RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
felida

Project Almanac

Dunno if any one has seen this movie.. but i thought it was HILARIOUS that they mod an xbox360 slim to make their time machine..

"dude, we need a gfx processor.." "where do we get one of those?"

148q2ro.png

1jvtzo.png

• Like 5

That is funny, the stupidity of hollywood. lol. :) You would be better off getting an Nvidia GTX titan black card, it costs more(Last time I looked, it was like $1000), but with the 1000 or so cuda cores, 3 gb on board vram, and if I remember correctly it has a clock speed of like 2ghz, not including the built in PhysX cores also, it would process the same info about 10X - 100X faster then the 360 GPU. lol. lol. lol. Hell for that matter, the Xbox one/PS4 GPU would also be better options. :) Also with the slim, you get the CPU also, which is decent for what it is designed for but doesnt come close to AMD's 8 core 4.2Ghz turbo 64bit chip, that will support 64GB of ram(Assuming the Motherboard also supports this), and the cpu/gpu are pretty much connected to each other in the XCGPU, so you cant use one with out the other. :( if you go that route, you will have a much nicer looking system also. lol.

• Like 2

HAHA, where do we get a GPU?  Seriously?!  haha, never seen this movie but may have to check it out now..lol.

Spoiler alert!!! just added it last night, going to watch tonight.

movie was ~ok.. but that had me DYING laughing.. you can even hear a line "my XBOX is tricked out" lmfao

That is funny, the stupidity of hollywood. lol. :) You would be better off getting an Nvidia GTX titan black card, it costs more(Last time I looked, it was like $1000), but with the 1000 or so cuda cores, 3 gb on board vram, and if I remember correctly it has a clock speed of like 2ghz, not including the built in PhysX cores also, it would process the same info about 10X - 100X faster then the 360 GPU. lol. lol. lol. Hell for that matter, the Xbox one/PS4 GPU would also be better options. :) Also with the slim, you get the CPU also, which is decent for what it is designed for but doesnt come close to AMD's 8 core 4.2Ghz turbo 64bit chip, that will support 64GB of ram(Assuming the Motherboard also supports this), and the cpu/gpu are pretty much connected to each other in the XCGPU, so you cant use one with out the other. :( if you go that route, you will have a much nicer looking system also. lol.

hey, i just thought it was fucking hilarious.. as you know.. M$ has been bitching about modded consoles.. and then i seen this movie.. 

also i got an AMD A10-6800k APU 4.0 gHz quad core.. i know what u mean lmao

dont forget if your OS handles it too.. as Win7Ult supports up to 128Gb of ram.. as where the lesser versions only support 16gb of ram

• Like 1