RealModScene
kira125

ConnectX ?

Hello everyone i just wake up this morning and i check the scene (this page)
and when i see

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5223-aurora-05b-by-phoenix/

and i

hqdefault.jpg

i have to say i love it especcialy the new quick view im still learning how to create my own custom view

but i get confused when i see this ConnectX

and i have to ask ¿what is this? ¿what its for? ¿and how to use it?

also if its possible to request a guide (like the one "How to build Quick View Filters") to add in the Aurora support section

also i want to thanks again to team phoenix for the time and work, put in this proyect

• Like 2

copy & pasted from digiex,it's an old post however fsd3 & aurora use the same/similar plugin called connectx

OP: InsaneNutter

Connect X Info:

What is connectx?

Connectx is a plugin for Freestyle Dash 2.2 that will allow you to boot/play games off of
samba shares on a remote PC via network.

• Like 2

Just google patched connectX download, and put connectX.xex in the aurora:\plugins folder. then goto settings select enable on boot, and fill in the settings for a share on your computer. if you do it correctly, you can now stream files and games directly from the computer as if they are on the xbox. :)

• Like 4

Just google patched connectX download, and put connectX.xex in the aurora:\plugins folder. then goto settings select enable on boot, and fill in the settings for a share on your computer. if you do it correctly, you can now stream files and games directly from the computer as if they are on the xbox. :)

Now if only I had an xex version of mplayer

Now if only I had an xex version of mplayer

Try FFplay. Dont know how well it works, I dont think it is great, if I remember correctly, it had its fair share of bugs, I havnt messed with it in over a year, but it might do what you want, and it might have been updated since the version I tried. it can be found here, and it appears that it can work the way the emulators do, so you can launch video through it with other apps. Maybe once nova is done I will see if maester rowen will add it as a library for aurora, so you can play videos directly from the dash, as he was one of the supporting devs on this project, and it uses the same base library as mplayer, and it is opensource. actually most of the devs here did some work on it. ;)