RealModScene
chriss179

[Aurora] improved large collection handling

Hello, right now i have a collection of about 1750 games. Xbla, xbox360, indie, homebrew, etc in my database and aurora is getting slower Abd slower when adding more. I'd say 800 is to my taste the limit where it is still enjoyable to boot Aurora. It takes maybe 3-5 seconds. Starting 900 - 1000 - 1100 - 1200 it starts taking considerably longer the more games are added. After 1500 games aurora can literally take minutes to boot. Sometimes it counts like a game per second after 1500 games. Also cover loading time increases substantially according. I have little clue as to why it needs such dramatic loading times on large collections as enough memory should be available for those Games. I wonder if there are too many threads opening or something alike, like in fsd.

Anyway my request is, since indie games collection is ever growing (600+) to make Aurora more suitable for ever larger collections.

Are you using Aurora from an external or internal hdd? the speeds i'm seeing is quite ok with my big database which is also 1500+ titles

0.5b is a little faster than 0.4b tho

Compared to FSD tho, Aurora is ALOT faster and alot more stable, FSD can easily crash with large libraries/collections/databases, Aurora rarely ever crash ;)

Also, are you ever really going to play all of those 1500+ games you've got in your collection? there's a limit to what's sane and what's insane ;)

• Like 3

Got 2tb Internal and 2tb external drive. Aurora is on Internal of course. Western digital 2.5".

Generally when ppl have issues with aurora being slow it's because they're running it from an external hdd, which is limited by the USB interface, internal generally works much much faster, and don't cause as much problems like these, hopefully you'll see an increase in speed once 0.5b goes public :)

Doesn't mean any of the retail or xbla games were bought.

2000 would be around the average,360 retail games if you hoarded at a rough guess would be at 10000 actual games by themselves the xbla space wise would be what 700gb meh! close enough

@chris

solution is to place a copy of aurora on the external & keep internal & external separate with their own copies of what games are on what drives with their own copies of aurora.Then mix n match which games would get played often so naturally place em on the internal,or i dunno all xbla & fps games on internal & the rest of the space taken up with whatever,you get the idea

edit: where you getting the indie & homebrew games from

Doesn't mean any of the retail or xbla games were bought.

2000 would be around the average,360 retail games if you hoarded at a rough guess would be at 10000 actual games by themselves the xbla space wise would be what 700gb meh! close enough

@chris

solution is to place a copy of aurora on the external & keep internal & external separate with their own copies of what games are on what drives with their own copies of aurora.Then mix n match which games would get played often so naturally place em on the internal,or i dunno all xbla & fps games on internal & the rest of the space taken up with whatever,you get the idea

edit: where you getting the indie & homebrew games from

There are forums where they list collections of stuff, find it and you'll find over 500 indie games... closer then that you won't get...