RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Al1ens

[Aurora] D - pad functions

Hello. Just wondering if the d - pad, instead of moving the games forwards and backwards, could be set to carry out different actions?

I was thinking linking up, down, left and right to filters could be cool. Up for 360, down for xbla, left for emulators, right for classics etc.

Is it possible? If it is, I'm sure users would want it. 

• Like 5

I'm for keeping it as simple as possible on he front end. If the pad can be used there's eight filters views off the bat. More than enough to satisfy most filter demands. If it were possible to assign filters to the d - pad, then a simple add on to the existing filter setting screen could have done the trick without resorting to major rewrites and changes. I should have posted the feature request ages ago when I first thought of it.  Sorry.

Still, what ever the team come up with, it will be greatly received and have a home on my console.

Best dash ever.

You never know, if the devs like the idea, it might get put in to aurora eventually. I dont have any control over that, but I wouldnt think it would be overly hard to do if they did decide to.

We probably won't be switching the functionality of the d-pad, after all if you use the "table" layout, you switch rows by going up on the d-pad...

LB/RB will be quick enough tbh... i highly doubt you'll be using more then a couple of quick filters there...

Never use that particular layout and always use the joysticks to navigate screens, so the d-pad is always redundant and not utilised for me.

I don't even want to switch between filters as I'm happy with the default all in one view, just a suggestion that may not have been thought of.  :thumbup:

I believe the d-pad buttons will remain navigation buttons as they currently are.   Reason being:   I use the DPAD for all navigation and not analog stick at all.