RealModScene
Shuraim Ahmet

temps going higher than the threshold

Hey guys I've noticed that despite the fact I've set the temp threshold to 60 for all 4 in dashlaunch yet my gpu and memory temps are going above 60 and even touching 70 in some cases so far I think there might be something wrong with my fan (tho i can still hear it quiet as loud as before) or there maybe some dust accumulation. For now I've placed it on my laptop cooling pad and connected it to my xbox's usb port but I need a permanent solution and Can I use blower to clean it without opening it I mean putting the blower on the vents.?  

Hey guys I've noticed that despite the fact I've set the temp threshold to 60 for all 4 in dashlaunch yet my gpu and memory temps are going above 60 and even touching 70 in some cases so far I think there might be something wrong with my fan (tho i can still hear it quiet as loud as before) or there maybe some dust accumulation. For now I've placed it on my laptop cooling pad and connected it to my xbox's usb port but I need a permanent solution and Can I use blower to clean it without opening it I mean putting the blower on the vents.?

I wouldn't do that no... i would take it apart and use pressurized air (often referd to as "dust off" or similar) this is by far the best way to clean electronics from dust :)

What model of Xbox 360 do you have? it might be normal that it goes above the temps you've set, but 10+ above isn't normal...

I wouldn't do that no... i would take it apart and use pressurized air (often referd to as "dust off" or similar) this is by far the best way to clean electronics from dust :)

What model of Xbox 360 do you have? it might be normal that it goes above the temps you've set, but 10+ above isn't normal...

I've phat console with falcon chip Gopro edition of 2008.

post-13230-0-62408400-1415640696_thumb.jpg

I've phat console with falcon chip Gopro edition of 2008.

Then yes, it's somewhat common for the temperatures you're seeing, the fans can only do so much...

The problem is mostly the fanduct, it's not a good solution from microsoft...

• Like 1

Then yes, it's somewhat common for the temperatures you're seeing, the fans can only do so much...

The problem is mostly the fanduct, it's not a good solution from microsoft...

So means I stick to using laptop cooling pad from now on. :)

The thermal paste may be dried in the time. An exchange is useful after the long running time. Be careful when you remove the XClamps. It is not uncommon that you will damage your Xbox 360, if you're not carefully.

• Like 1

+1 on replacing the Thermal Compound....................

you could also do as ive done below ,  as well i have Talismoon 12V Fans the default 360 Fans run at 5V

btw hi Swizzy

hipZEy.jpg

+1 on replacing the Thermal Compound....................

you could also do as ive done below ,  as well i have Talismoon 12V Fans the default 360 Fans run at 5V

btw hi Swizzy

hipZEy.jpg

Imressive..:)

i did some testing today on temps ,  one photo is of 2 12V Fans and my Fan mod on top the other is the 2 stock Fans which run at 5V.

IMG_1520 pro.JPG

IMG_1518 pro.JPG

• Like 2