RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gromber

[Aurora] Run .elfs in File Manager like dashlaunch

Launch  .elf  (libxenon executable) in File Manager like dashlaunch could be an interesting idea, I already use xelllaunch to load xell, but use dashlaunch´s method in Coverflow or filemanager and use mupen or xmplayer directly.... is COOL xDDDD

• Like 3

Well that would be really interesting. Although i support more xdk than libxenon but there are some stuff lx only. A coverlisting for the specific elf would also be good not only filemanager but also Aurora.

• Like 1

Thanks

Maybe a special user specific filter can show a list of the elf files in the gamelist but i doubt it.

They're not even shown in the gamelist, they're launchable from the filemanager ;)

This has been implemented in 0.4b  Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm attempting to launch mupen64-360 via this method and it just hangs at 100% Is there anything I can look into to see why this is?

I'm attempting to launch mupen64-360 via this method and it just hangs at 100% Is there anything I can look into to see why this is?

Once you get to 100%, how long have you waited?

Once you get to 100%, how long have you waited?

1-2 minutes before I power off and reset. Should it take longer than that?

it shouldn't, but it could... leave it for like 10 minutes, see if it makes a difference...

it shouldn't, but it could... leave it for like 10 minutes, see if it makes a difference...

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

So let's say it takes 5 minutes to launch. Would that be a continual possibility? Just curious if there is some technical reason it would take that long or if this is some kind of bug.

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

So let's say it takes 5 minutes to launch. Would that be a continual possibility? Just curious if there is some technical reason it would take that long or if this is some kind of bug.

Well, i did have a slow boot a couple of times of FSD when it wasn't in the Database but me having a big database (over 1500 titles in the database) but, i don't remember if it was with a testing version of 0.5b or 0.4b, or whatever...

It could also be that the device it's loading from is a bit slow, i don't know exactly how that launching percentage works, what i do know is that the elf is loaded into memory along with another blob of code which it then jumps to which starts it up, that blob of code is essentially a stripped down xell (the code for launching elf's is based of Xelllaunch)

Well, i did have a slow boot a couple of times of FSD when it wasn't in the Database but me having a big database (over 1500 titles in the database) but, i don't remember if it was with a testing version of 0.5b or 0.4b, or whatever...

It could also be that the device it's loading from is a bit slow, i don't know exactly how that launching percentage works, what i do know is that the elf is loaded into memory along with another blob of code which it then jumps to which starts it up, that blob of code is essentially a stripped down xell (the code for launching elf's is based of Xelllaunch)

I let it sit at the loading screen for 11 minutes. No movement. My install of Aurora is fresh, I only have like 8 games scanned into it. The 250GB hdd was reformatted before I did any of this.

There isn't any special requirement of where the emulator has to reside is there? I just have it all in a folder on the hdd.

I was playing around with this some more. I unloaded FSD and it launched just fine.

I"m new to Aurora. What exactly does the FSD plugin do?

I was playing around with this some more. I unloaded FSD and it launched just fine.

I"m new to Aurora. What exactly does the FSD plugin do?

The FSD Plugin is where Link resides, also a bunch of other features like the webUI, showing what TU version you're using, the filebrowser in the guide menu and also showing you temperatures in the same menu...

there are more functions, they should be listed somewhere here on the forums, just can't remember them all atm...